Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 19, 9:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
New Tier Names. This applies to Lifetime naming as well.

Platinum Premier Elite becomes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite . (75 nights)
Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador becomes Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite. (100 nights + $20,000 spend)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 22, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SW A-list, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post

I had no idea about this. Thanks for bringing it up.
I didn't know either! Chat on the app is a much better idea than putting Alexa in hotel rooms.
margarita girl and unclepants like this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by JBord View Post
I was not, but this is exactly my point. You can't expect the acquiring company to use all the systems and policies of the acquiree. That's what makes the UA-CO merger different because they did exactly that. It's not the norm when one company acquires another.

Comparing processes/policies/service to a company that no longer exists because it was bought is not useful. I believe Starwood was different. Grieve that it's gone but it's not fair to take it out on Marriott. You can dislike the new Marriott, but now it needs to be compared to Hilton, Hyatt, etc.
and so we disagree. Marriott seems to choose a path offering much less value than Starwood offered. Many are reasonable to compare and decide loyalty go forward.
Old Jan 23, 19, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post

I had no idea about this. Thanks for bringing it up.
agreed....i used it for the first time today after reading about it here....works great....
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 7:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
agreed....i used it for the first time today after reading about it here....works great....
I have used it on my current trip... I agree, it works great! This is an area where Marriott is making itself stand out relative to other hotel chains such as Hilton, Hyatt, and Accor.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
And the amazing thing is they reply to you in less than a minute. Wow!
Old Jan 23, 19, 7:34 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
And the amazing thing is they reply to you in less than a minute. Wow!
Yeah, apparently there are some aspects regarding the merger where we are better off after all...
Old Jan 23, 19, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ehallison View Post
I didn't know either! Chat on the app is a much better idea than putting Alexa in hotel rooms.
Yes I agree. But what works even better is Whatsapp. Although the numbers are still small, more and more hotels are offering Whatsapp to the front desk and the response is instant IME. Also you can see if the hotel has received the message.
Old Jan 23, 19, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier View Post
Yeah, apparently there are some aspects regarding the merger where we are better off after all...
It's a short list. Really, really short.
Old Jan 23, 19, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier View Post
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
It's a short list. Really, really short.
Does anyone have a list of how we're better off specifically after the merger? The only one I can think of is the temporary ability to book Cat 8 hotels at Cat 6 award prices before March.
Old Jan 23, 19, 8:21 am

Re: chat on the app. Is this only available on active stays? I can't find it in the app but would like to contact a hotel that is listed in my upcoming stays.
Old Jan 23, 19, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichH6109 View Post
Re: chat on the app. Is this only available on active stays? I can't find it in the app but would like to contact a hotel that is listed in my upcoming stays.
Yes. Only shows up about 2 days before arrival (I believe when OLCI opens up), during stay and about 1 day after check out.

My wish would be to add this feature to any pending reservations.
RichH6109 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd rather use email and have a good record of anything that was promised.
Twickenham and fdem like this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well, we've gotten a bit off the topic of the thread , but count me as one who wants & uses the phone in the room. Now back to our regularly-scheduled programming, which is Bonvoy.

Cheers.
txpenny likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 2:36 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Starwood Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
Does anyone have a list of how we're better off specifically after the merger? The only one I can think of is the temporary ability to book Cat 8 hotels at Cat 6 award prices before March.
Judging by these comments, IT is one area where we are better off. I am thrilled to be rid of SPG's horribly antiquated IT. Even though Marriott has yet to implement some simple abilities, this is already a huge improvement over SPG's.

OTOH, sure, SPG's on property treatment of elites was way, way better than Marriott's.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Well, we've gotten a bit off the topic of the thread , but count me as one who wants & uses the phone in the room. Now back to our regularly-scheduled programming, which is Bonvoy.

Cheers.
+1

I use the room phone on every stay, to call for a late checkout. I have found this method more reliably leads to the front desk checking my status before issuing my late checkout, versus going to front desk in person as I used to do, I presume because they already have my room # in front of them.
Old Jan 23, 19, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1KMM, Hyatt Discoverist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Marriott has far superior IT to Starwood...said no one ever

Search this Thread