Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out

so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out

Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
To be fair, Marriotts emailing folios are no more reliable than its point posting!
FWIW, post-merger I've had issues getting ex-SPR properties to send me folios, but most of the MR properties I've been in have (always) sent me folios quickly, sometimes receiving them while I'm enroute to the airport.

I do miss the consistency of the old "Thanks for Staying!" E-mail though ... now it's property-specific.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
The number of ongoing issues makes me think Marriott should fire the team responsible and start from scratch.
I believe that would require emptying the C suite.

It cannot get any worse.
I'm confident that is not correct.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:04 pm

Sadly this is Marriott customer service at its finest. Zero common sense.

SPG never, ever hassled for a folio for a missing stay as a Platinum w/ or w/o Ambassador status. In fact, SPG agents would manually post the stay over the phone without question after verifying the reservation details. Now moving forward in truly awesome Marriott incompetence, the agents no longer have access to past stays under our profiles so they cannot even look it up if they wanted to. The more I think about Marriott's awful service, it makes me think of a possible Biz School Case Study on how to f-up a merger/takeover/purchase between two large companies.
That's the crux of the situation. Agents have no, zero, zip, zilch, nada, ability to see previous stays. They can't look them up the new system will not allow it. The old spg system made posting most(99%) missing stays a breeze. This one, if you don't have the folio there's little an agent can do short of calling the prop, having them read them the info(time consuming for everyone involved) or in the rare case one of marriott's systems actually work as intended, recover the folio from an entirely different system that is also tedious and time consuming, and post it based off that. Neither are fast nor efficient. Having the folio is the fastest, easiest way to get it posted over the phone.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thebackcourse
if you don't have the folio there's little an agent can do short of calling the prop, having them read them the info(time consuming for everyone involved) or in the rare case one of marriott's systems actually work as intended, recover the folio from an entirely different system that is also tedious and time consuming, and post it based off that. Neither are fast nor efficient. Having the folio is the fastest, easiest way to get it posted over the phone.
I now make it a point to get and keep a print of every folio when I stay at a Marriott or SPG property. I hate doing this because it's just a waste of paper, but you can't trust them to email the folio (even when they say they will), and you really need one now in case the stay doesn't credit.
justforfun and UA-NYC like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I now make it a point to get and keep a print of every folio when I stay at a Marriott or SPG property. I hate doing this because it's just a waste of paper, but you can't trust them to email the folio (even when they say they will), and you really need one now in case the stay doesn't credit.
It's frustrating for everyone involved. Marriott told the agents this new software would be this seamless, great for the agents and the customers(probably what they were promised by the vendor) wave of the future only to have it fall short in just about every possible way. It shows them tons of information that is essentially useless to 90% of agents and doesn't show the critical information like previous stays or all current reservations(not really an issue unless you have more than 10 reservations)...and worse yet the powers that be don't seem to care what a mess they've made. They just keep stacking more and more expectations on the agents and give them no time to complete things if you're not held on the phone. Soon as that call ends the next one drops immediately on top of them. Granted that's pretty normal for call center type work. But it forces the agents to keep the guest on the line far longer than actually necessary.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
It turns out that one of my stays in Shanghai was deemed ineligible despite using a special package rate that was being offered by the Westin and the Marriott CS Rep is adamant that special package rates offered on their websites don't earn points.

Back and forth with CS has rendered no results so far
Follow Up:

The Research Take Over team escalated this issue and determined that the rate that I booked was eligible so theyve credited the stay. However Im also having the same issue for another stay in Mendoza so Im currently chasing that one down... Marriott is being such a pain for a customer friendly company.

I get that things change but Ive never had a bad experience with Starwood and it was quite easy to get my stays credited with folios sent to them versus the current status quo of discrediting the customer to save pennies on the dollar.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm confident that is not correct.
I hope you are wrong, but not that I no longer call in the terrible agents, things are looking up.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by scubadu
1)
It's a free market economy, you aren't trapped.
I was hopeful with all of the promise made by Marriott that things would be the best of both worlds. Not this mess.

As far as voting with my wallet, I have been since last October.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by SST
I have been trying to get credit for two stays in Hong Kong (December), two in Budapest (October), one in Brataslava (September), and one in Vienna (September). Made the mistake of calling on the whole slew in the first part of January. Hostile agent really resented "so many" followups. Gave them all folio numbers and offered to scan and email. Referred instead to the properties and advised to wait for a response. Hong Kong (Design Hotel) says they authorized the points immediately upon checkout. No points/nights posted yet in MY account. Budapest #1 (Marriott) says it posted (but I only got one night, not four). Budapest #2 (Luxury Collection) has never responded. Brataslava (luxury Collection) hasn't responded. Vienna (Le Meridien) hasn't responded.

So frustrated. How long do I wait before I call the "customer service" line again? Spent an hour last time, between hold and bitter agent.
I am finding many CSRs are incapable/unwilling to handle more than one issue per request. I guess since they can honestly (which is probably not a requirement) say that they responded to the request and can move on to the next customer. I believe it's all part of trying to quantify the CSR role and numbers being used to measure success. Having been in support for decades it's not really possible to put metrics on a support role. All those numbers need to go against product development. If they released a good product then there should be no need for support at all.

Try submitting one at a time and follow up on them individually. That's probably the only way you will get any attention.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.