Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM

End of year I had a stay on points. Should recieve 5 night elite credit. Don't need the nights for status but just annoyed Turned in receipt, etc. after 10 days. Heard back from Marriott today that my stay did not allow credits or points Called in to Platinum Premier Elite line. Said I should but took them 12 minutes to find my reservation. Although at hotel I received an upgrade due to hotel knowing my status, etc. It is time for Marriott to get with the program and not make customers do all the leg work.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Marriott has a now-deadly combination of poor IT and poor CS...I could live with good for one and poor for the other
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:02 am

I used to not keep my hard copy folio/receipt from my hotel stays, because I never had any doubt about them posting. It now seems to be at least 1 out of 4 stays aren't posting without having to submit a "Missed Stay" request. The problem seems exponentially worse with properties outside USA. Getting missing stay credit without a folio is a pain, and the mentality of "Prove you stayed with us" vs. "Tell me when and where the stay was, and I'll do the work" is frustrating.
Markie and puntamita like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Getting a missing stay with a folio is not easy either when they say your BRG was booked with a third party and never stayed at that hotel.
TerryK likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Actually have to disagree on this -- it's one place I've had decent success despite the reports.

I've had two instances where my stay never credited (both SPG hotels and very annoying that they can't get that part right) but in both cases they were resolved within 24 hours after submitting a missing credit claim with a digital copy (at exactly 10 business days post stay per requirement) of my folio including an email from a real human confirming they received the request and acted on it.

Guess I got lucky?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Actually have to disagree on this -- it's one place I've had decent success despite the reports.

I've had two instances where my stay never credited (both SPG hotels and very annoying that they can't get that part right) but in both cases they were resolved within 24 hours after submitting a missing credit claim with a digital copy (at exactly 10 business days post stay per requirement) of my folio including an email from a real human confirming they received the request and acted on it.

Guess I got lucky?
I'm not sure I'd call having stays not post in the first place lucky.

Has anyone asked Marriott to figure out why their stays aren't posting? All mine have been fine, but if I had more than one that I had to follow up on, I would be asking for a reason with the polite excuse that I want to see if there's "something I could do differently next time".
puntamita likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
It's only 146 days since go-live, and we have open Severity 1 defects impacting a slew of customers.

What a great implementation...
BenSenise, gcashin and puntamita like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
It really is terrible. I have at least 5 stays of about 12 nights that never posted. Marriott refuses to post them without my folios, which I don’t keep.

I ended the year at 99 nights so will have to go through the effort to get Ambassador, otherwise I would just not bother.

I have never had this issue with SPG. Frustrating.
seanp7, puntamita and supatight80 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
and why is this yet another new thread?

old news. this mess has been snowballing since August 2018, and eveything is stablizied under the awesome cloud-based software.
margarita girl, KRSW and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Just had 2 stays at a Renaissance and an Autograph Collection not credit ... emailed [email protected] so hopefully they can help!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:40 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Y'all are looking at this all wrong.

We have been FREED of the mantle of loyalty by the merger. It's so screwed up that I don't even care if I stay at a Marriot or Starwood anymore since it's not worth the trouble of the awful website and miserable customer service.

We have a couple properties that recognize us when we arrive and we continue to stay there. But on other trips we stay at the place that best suits our needs (like the old days!) and not the best SPG/Marriott available.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by puntamita
There is, of course, another option to Marriott "figuring it out" (which seems unlikely in the short term, given the evidence). This is gonna sound crazy, but stay with me; in a free market, capitalistic economy, you could... wait for it... actually move your business/spend to a company that better meets your needs and delights you rather than frustrates and disappoints you. Crazy, I know, but an option nonetheless, no?

Regards
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I want to move to Hyatt but don't want to start at the bottom, no status matches, and can't get the CC...getting closer to just biting the bullet and doing it...
justforfun and puntamita like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I had a stay in October that still hasn't posted and I'm missing two other nights from last year. I contacted the twitter team in December to be told I need to submit folios - as I had no idea which stay the two missing nights were related to (it would have meant I send in all folios for 2018), I concentrated on the the one for October - I submitted a scanned copy of the folio only to be told it wasn't good enough as there was a receipt from the payment terminal on top of the left corner. I had to retrieve the document and scan it again only to notice there wasn't actually anything other than my name under the receipt! I re-submitted and I'm still waiting for something to happen - no, the nights/stays/points haven't posted. Major
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by remymartin
I had a stay in October that still hasn't posted and I'm missing two other nights from last year. I contacted the twitter team in December to be told I need to submit folios - as I had no idea which stay the two missing nights were related to (it would have meant I send in all folios for 2018), I concentrated on the the one for October - I submitted a scanned copy of the folio only to be told it wasn't good enough as there was a receipt from the payment terminal on top of the left corner. I had to retrieve the document and scan it again only to notice there wasn't actually anything other than my name under the receipt! I re-submitted and I'm still waiting for something to happen - no, the nights/stays/points haven't posted. Major
Sadly this is Marriott customer service at its finest. Zero common sense.

SPG never, ever hassled for a folio for a missing stay as a Platinum w/ or w/o Ambassador status. In fact, SPG agents would manually post the stay over the phone without question after verifying the reservation details. Now moving forward in truly awesome Marriott incompetence, the agents no longer have access to past stays under our profiles so they cannot even look it up if they wanted to. The more I think about Marriott's awful service, it makes me think of a possible Biz School Case Study on how to f-up a merger/takeover/purchase between two large companies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.