Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

This is new- Random stays showing up in account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC

i had a 3 problematic stays recently. 1 did not post, 2 posted with about 1/4 of the points that should’ve been earned. Emailed support. Lo and behold i now have 6 stays posted. 3 of my stays and 3 at random properties around the world that I did not travel to or stay at. I called plat desk and they have no clue and insist i did stay there. When challenged they’re discombobulated. Would you let it go and spend the points or try calling the properties at this point?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let it go. You have already done your part. No need to keep following up on this.

A friend saw an 8 nights stay at a CY in Beijing got posted to her account back in June or July, with boatload of points incl Plat bonus (she was on a Plat Challenge at the time). She contacted Marriott 3 times, each time she was told the stay was correct, was hers... So she finally dropped it.

The points still remain.

What is strange is, the person who actually had the stay should have missing the stay in her account. That that person would have pursuit the missing stay therefore would trace back to this mistake... nothing is reversed.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:33 pm

Let it go and reap the benefit !
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
change your password just to be safe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.