FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Downgraded From Club Level Room At Ritz Carlton (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1950126-downgraded-club-level-room-ritz-carlton.html)

X-ON Jan 11, 2019 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30637854)
Inconsequential, since they rarely have lounges. Instead, you get a full restaurant breakfast.

If they do you sometimes get access based on your P or PP status. The Athénée Hotel in Bangkok, The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho and The Grosvenor House in Dubai comes to mind. The SGS in Bangkok do not have a lounge but offer a "lounge product" which P PP also get comped. In all these cases you can choose between lounge breakfast or restaurant breakfast (Not the SGS obviously since there is no lounge). Of course in general the lounge product offered in an RC is superior ... I would not be surprised if some RCs start to offer discounted buy up offers as welcome gifts to P and PP at least in certain markets.

Kacee Jan 11, 2019 8:53 am

Originally Posted by X-ON (Post 30640663)
If they do you sometimes get access based on your P or PP status. The Athénée Hotel in Bangkok, The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho and The Grosvenor House in Dubai comes to mind. The SGS in Bangkok do not have a lounge but offer a "lounge product" which P PP also get comped. In all these cases you can choose between lounge breakfast or restaurant breakfast (Not the SGS obviously since there is no lounge).

Yes, all of which points to the SPG properties as overall a much better value and option for Plats.

I don't think there's any realistic chance of seeing a benefits enhancement at RC in the current economic environment.

dimon84 Jan 11, 2019 9:01 am

A bit of a side question, but I see you guys know FHR program very well! As few people mentioned, those booking earn Marriott points, but do (or did in the past) they count for Megabonus promotions? I am tempted to book Ritz as the 10th brand through FHR as the rate is almost the same.

Kacee Jan 11, 2019 9:05 am

Originally Posted by dimon84 (Post 30641225)
A bit of a side question, but I see you guys know FHR program very well! As few people mentioned, those booking earn Marriott points, but do (or did in the past) they count for Megabonus promotions? I am tempted to book Ritz as the 10th brand through FHR as the rate is almost the same.

FHR is an eligible rate for all purposes. The only open question is whether the new "prepay for 5x AMEX points" rates will work for that.

dimon84 Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30641241)
FHR is an eligible rate for all purposes. The only open question is whether the new "prepay for 5x AMEX points" rates will work for that.

Thanks Kacee! Sadly I have a UK plat card. No 5x fun.