Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Downgraded From Club Level Room At Ritz Carlton

Downgraded From Club Level Room At Ritz Carlton

Old Jan 9, 19, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 360guy View Post
Checking 4 of my reservations, all 4 have been downgraded from suites to basic rooms.
RC reservations? If you were preupgraded to a suite as a Starriott Plat (not PP or PPwithAMB), this would be following the T&Cs.
Old Jan 9, 19, 2:50 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
RC reservations? If you were preupgraded to a suite as a Starriott Plat (not PP or PPwithAMB), this would be following the T&Cs.
Starwood and Marriott properties.
Old Jan 9, 19, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by 360guy View Post
Starwood and Marriott properties.
FHR?
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime SkyClub
Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
FHR?
American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts (travel agency for Amex Platinum Card members)

https://www.fhrdigitaldirectory.com/

And yes, FHR has lots of upper end Marriott-related properties that participate.
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12 View Post
American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts (travel agency for Amex Platinum Card members)

https://www.fhrdigitaldirectory.com/

And yes, FHR has lots of upper end Marriott-related properties that participate.
I was asking if he booked through FHR. They've had a ton of issues with there online system since they started converting to offering 5x points on FHR bookings.
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime SkyClub
I was asking if he booked through FHR. They've had a ton of issues with there online system since they started converting to offering 5x points on FHR bookings.
Yes, he did (it's in the original post):

Originally Posted by OUTraveling View Post
The reservation was made through AMEX FHR Travel and I received a confirmation of my stay.
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12 View Post
Yes, he did (it's in the original post):
Right, but I was responding to 360guy, not OP.
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:43 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's no such thing as AmEx FHR travel. Most people using FHR rates would book through either PTS or CTS depending on the color of one's card, but AFAIK various other AmEx travel agencies can also book FHR rates. You can also book these rates online.
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PALT
So far the RC representative has confirmed I am staying in a Club level room again, but has not stated if it was due to their gracious +$75 upgrade charge I was billed nor if my upgrade will negate the AMEX FHR benefits. I will flat out dispute the $75 additional charge in addition to a $100 resort credit if I do not get my benefits. Honestly, this entire thing is frustrating.as I have spent about an hour and half to get to where I am.

Old Jan 9, 19, 3:57 pm

A $75 additional payment for two people to use a RC lounge sounds surprisingly cheap.
Old Jan 9, 19, 4:05 pm

So far the RC representative has confirmed I am staying in a Club level room again, but has not stated if it was due to their gracious +$75 upgrade charge I was billed nor if my upgrade will negate the AMEX FHR benefits. I will flat out dispute the $75 additional charge in addition to a $100 resort credit if I do not get my benefits. Honestly, this entire thing is frustrating.as I have spent about an hour and half to get to where I am.

Again, why haven't you contacted FHR? They're essentially your travel agent in this instance.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Again, why haven't you contacted FHR? They're essentially your travel agent in this instance.
I received the confirmation regarding my "downgraded" room from Ritz Carlton not AMEX. Such, I we to the source of the issue.
Old Jan 9, 19, 4:15 pm

I received the confirmation regarding my "downgraded" room from Ritz Carlton not AMEX. Such, I we to the source of the issue.
Right, but FHR not only made your booking, it also has significant sway. If there's an issue with your booking, they will be able to fix it. Hotel agents are much more likely to listen to them.
Old Jan 9, 19, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Understood ... did RC just send a confirmation or was there an explanation?

For me, I'd just call FHR, tell them I booked a club level room at $X, and that you noticed on the RC website that they don't have you in a club level room. Then at checkin, ask them to add your MR number.
Old Jan 9, 19, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Right, but FHR not only made your booking, it also has significant sway. If there's an issue with your booking, they will be able to fix it. Hotel agents are much more likely to listen to them.
I did not think of that and just called the number listed on my email.

Search this Thread