Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China - 2019 onward

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China - 2019 onward

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 27, 19, 1:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hhoope01
Wiki Link
This thread is the place to discuss/compare the various Marriott, Starwood, and RC hotels in the Shanghai, China area.

There are 2 pre-2019 threads with historical information:

2018 Marriott/SPG/RC properties in Shanghai
(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for Shanghai. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan
Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong
The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai
The Hongta Hotel Shanghai
Twelve at Hengshan, Shanghai, Luxury Collection
Bulgari Hotel Shanghai

Full Service:
W Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park
W Shanghai - The Bund
W Suzhou
JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square
JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park
The Shanghai EDITION
Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Zhongshan Park Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel
Renaissance Suzhou Hotel
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Kangqiao
Marriott Shanghai City Centre
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Hongqiao
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside
Shanghai Marriott Pudong East
Westin Bund Centre Shanghai
Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on
Le Meridien She Shan Shanghai
Le Meridien Shanghai, Minhang
Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Sheraton Shanghai Waigaoqiao
Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
Sheraton Marriott Hotel Parkview
Sheraton Shanghai Jiading Hotel
Sheraton Shanghai Chongming Hotel
Sheraton Shanghai
Delta Hotels Shanghai Baoshan
The Waterhouse at South Bund, Shanghai. Design Hotel
The Yuluxe Sheshan, Shanghai, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Limited Service:
Courtyard Shanghai Central
Courtyard Shanghai Changfeng Park
Courtyard Shanghai Hongqiao
Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong
Courtyard Shanghai Xujiahui
Courtyard Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone
Courtyard Shanghai Minhang
Courtyard Shanghai Jiading
Courtyard Shanghai Songjiang
Courtyard Shanghai Fengxian
Courtyard Kunshan
Courtyard Suzhou
Fairfield by Marriott Shanghai Jingan
Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning
Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong
Four Points by Sheraton Taicang
Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou
Aloft Shanghai Zhangjiang Haike
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 26, 19, 8:30 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by SP03 View Post
The Renaissance is pretty convenient to JinAn Temple too. It's on the same subway line to JinAn and airports. The facilities are definitely nicer at the Renaissance. It's also connected to a mega mall so you'll have a lot of food options there.

I stayed at the Courtyard a lot last year, but with the category change, I would rather stay at the JW Changfeng or the Renaissance
Thank you, SP03. That is very helpful. I am leaning towards Renaissance now.
Old Jun 6, 19, 10:05 am

Programs: UA:1K AC: 50K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Gold
I need to be at the New International Expo Center for a few days in June. Is the Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong the best location for this. Do any of these properties provide a free breakfast for Marriott Gold's?
Old Jun 6, 19, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by expressboy View Post
I need to be at the New International Expo Center for a few days in June. Is the Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong the best location for this. Do any of these properties provide a free breakfast for Marriott Gold's?
I'm at the expo centre W/C 20th June and I've just booked Le Meridien. Metro goes to the Expo centre and I'd rather stay the other side of the river.
expressboy likes this.
Old Jun 6, 19, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
I'm at the expo centre W/C 20th June and I've just booked Le Meridien. Metro goes to the Expo centre and I'd rather stay the other side of the river.
That's a pretty unpleasant subway journey, whether you take Line 2 (very crowded) to Line 7 or Line 8 to Line 7 (less crowded, but even longer). As much as I dislike Pudong, the Kerry and Jumeirah are both nice hotels and very close to SNIEC. If you actually need to be over there during business hours, I would suck it up and stay at one of them, then maybe switch to a better area for you last night or two.
expressboy likes this.
Old Jun 7, 19, 4:43 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
That's a pretty unpleasant subway journey, whether you take Line 2 (very crowded) to Line 7 or Line 8 to Line 7 (less crowded, but even longer). As much as I dislike Pudong, the Kerry and Jumeirah are both nice hotels and very close to SNIEC. If you actually need to be over there during business hours, I would suck it up and stay at one of them, then maybe switch to a better area for you last night or two.
I don't find it that hard to go from LM to exhibition - several subway stops and one change and you are right there.

Within walking distance is Kerry Center Hotel and Jumeirah. If staying with Marriott, try Marriott Jinqiao or Sheraton Grand. The nearby Renaissance is also doable.

​​​​​
Old Jun 7, 19, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
I don't find it that hard to go from LM to exhibition - several subway stops and one change and you are right there.

Within walking distance is Kerry Center Hotel and Jumeirah. If staying with Marriott, try Marriott Jinqiao or Sheraton Grand. The nearby Renaissance is also doable.
​​​​​
a) 7 stops on Line 2 + 1 stop on Line 7
b) 6 stops on Line + 7 stops on Line 7

I suppose "a" is probably the better of the two options because it is faster, and the crowd thins out a bit after Lujiazui, but it's still a commute I'd try to avoid.

I have several friends who live at the Kerry. I don't visit them often because getting there is such a PITA, but I have to admit that the area is kind of nice.

Last edited by moondog; Jun 7, 19 at 6:44 pm
Old Jun 10, 19, 4:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
a) 7 stops on Line 2 + 1 stop on Line 7
b) 6 stops on Line + 7 stops on Line 7

I suppose "a" is probably the better of the two options because it is faster, and the crowd thins out a bit after Lujiazui, but it's still a commute I'd try to avoid.

I have several friends who live at the Kerry. I don't visit them often because getting there is such a PITA, but I have to admit that the area is kind of nice.
I'm no stranger to the Chinese subway but I haven't been to Shanghai before.

I can cancel my reservation and rebook at something like the Sheraton Grand or the Hongta on the other side of the river. Is it really that much of an issue to take the subway?
Old Jun 10, 19, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can cancel my reservation and rebook at something like the Sheraton Grand or the Hongta on the other side of the river. Is it really that much of an issue to take the subway?
If you only need to go over there for one or two days, the subway is tolerable. More than that, I'd be looking at the Kerry.
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 19, 9:42 am

Location: 50.1% in PDX and 49.9% in PVG ( 182 days in Shanghai in 2017 )
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K

I found the LM and or Sheraton Grand two of the most convenient to the subway.

When it comes to subway it will be all about number of stops and transfers, no question if you go during rush time in the summer don't discount the crowds and walking you need to do in the transfer stations. I always found that never a PITA as many seem to take this little cultural experience and exercise, but again seems to be a western view of things, LOL
Old Jun 26, 19, 2:38 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite; Qantas Platinum; China Southern Gold; Marriott PPE; Accor Gold
Another Portman vs JW question

Am Titanium and am in Shanghai for three nights from a Thursday to Sunday.

Have booked both Portman and JW at this stage. I know the deal with no lounge access at RC, but like many others I really like the location. Our corporate rate does include breakfast at RC but last time I was there i did not find the breakfast amazing.

Ive stayed at the Ritz and quite liked it, never stayed at the JW (normally stay at Westin or Marriott City Centre).

So my questions about JW:
- What is the lounge like, do they have "real" champagne?
- I have loads of SNAs so thinking about using some of those, are the suites nice?
- is there a nice bar in the hotel
- Comparing the rooms with Portman, how would you compare them?

thanks!
Old Jun 26, 19, 3:02 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by oranjemakker View Post
Am Titanium and am in Shanghai for three nights from a Thursday to Sunday.

Have booked both Portman and JW at this stage. I know the deal with no lounge access at RC, but like many others I really like the location. Our corporate rate does include breakfast at RC but last time I was there i did not find the breakfast amazing.

Ive stayed at the Ritz and quite liked it, never stayed at the JW (normally stay at Westin or Marriott City Centre).

So my questions about JW:
- What is the lounge like, do they have "real" champagne?
- I have loads of SNAs so thinking about using some of those, are the suites nice?
- is there a nice bar in the hotel
- Comparing the rooms with Portman, how would you compare them?

thanks!
i prefer JW lounge to RC one. I like the view. I don't drink so not sure on Champagne. Suites are nice. I haven't stayed RC rooms for a while but never much cared for them.

JW has good restaurants (I eat there all the time) but don't think has a happening bar. I could be wrong. Unless you really like RC location which I dont because of traffic, the JW is better
Old Jul 2, 19, 2:27 am

If you only need to go over there for one or two days, the subway is tolerable. More than that, I'd be looking at the Kerry.
In the end I took Line 2 to Century Park and made the 7 minute stroll from there to the Expo Centre from there rather than changing. Of course if it was hammering down this may need rethinking.

Subway was absolutely fine at 8:30. Even got a seat.
Old Jul 12, 19, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
LM renovation status

anyone recently stayed at LM? Saw the room renovation message on their website, is the noise bothering? Any construction odor? is the renovated gym area nice?

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 19, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
entrance

IME, the renos @ Le Meridien are affecting the entrance only i.e. no big deal. & the health facilities.
The lounge is unbelievable. Worth the stay and/or upgrading.
During my 2019 stay, I checked out the alt health facilities @ the Marriott (short walk away). Fantastic:
- steam room;
- lockers whic work;
- great equipment;
- Robes flip flops.
Old Today, 6:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Hi,

I have an event at the Jing An Shangri-La, but want to stay with Bonvoy. I can clear budget on all of the hotels in the area. I think I have to go back and forth at least twice, but not more than that. Moving over to Pudong Ritz after that. Advice on Portman, JW, STR...please include how hard it will be traffic wise to get back and forth, though hotel quality will be the most important.

Thank you!

Search this Thread