Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China - 2019 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: carrotjuice
This thread is the place to discuss/compare the various Marriott, Starwood, and RC hotels in the Shanghai, China area.

There are 2 pre-2019 threads with historical information:

2018 Marriott/SPG/RC properties in Shanghai
(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for Shanghai. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan
Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong
The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai
The Hongta Hotel Shanghai
Twelve at Hengshan, Shanghai, Luxury Collection
Bulgari Hotel Shanghai

Full Service:
W Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park
W Shanghai - The Bund
W Suzhou
JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square
JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park
The Shanghai EDITION
Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Zhongshan Park Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel
Renaissance Suzhou Hotel
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Kangqiao
Marriott Shanghai City Centre
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Hongqiao
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside
Shanghai Marriott Pudong East
Westin Bund Centre Shanghai
Le Royal Meridien Shanghai
Le Meridien She Shan Shanghai
Le Meridien Shanghai, Minhang
Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Sheraton Shanghai Waigaoqiao
Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
Sheraton Marriott Hotel Parkview
Sheraton Shanghai Jiading Hotel
Sheraton Shanghai Chongming Hotel
Sheraton Shanghai
Delta Hotels Shanghai Baoshan
The Waterhouse at South Bund, Shanghai. Design Hotel
The Yuluxe Sheshan, Shanghai, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Limited Service:
Courtyard Shanghai Central
Courtyard Shanghai Changfeng Park
Courtyard Shanghai Hongqiao
Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong
Courtyard Shanghai Xujiahui
Courtyard Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone
Courtyard Shanghai Minhang
Courtyard Shanghai Jiading
Courtyard Shanghai Songjiang
Courtyard Shanghai Fengxian
Courtyard Kunshan
Courtyard Suzhou
Fairfield by Marriott Shanghai Jingan
Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning
Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong
Four Points by Sheraton Taicang
Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou
Aloft Shanghai Zhangjiang Haike
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China - 2019 onward

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If your choices were Le Royal Meridien or Westin Bund Centre, what would people choose?
Westin, by a large margin.
( And I vote this way with my wallet)
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post30935485
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:25 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If your choices were Le Royal Meridien or Westin Bund Centre, what would people choose?
LRM is a bit cheaper and better value, nice enough gym, amazing lounge views, central location a bit better
Westin all around quality /service is nice, better gym if not a bit spread out, I did like the breakfast and dinner / lounge better, but no views for the lounge, LOL

Comes down to what is important, for day to day LRM was best balance, I'd often move to Westin when a good promo rate popped up for weekends.
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Thanks for the advice here. Spent 3 nights in LRM where we were upgraded to Deluxe Residence which was a 1.5 bath suite with a bar and entertaining area.

I am titanium.
I have this room for the week of the F1 race, theres 3 of us in there. Tell me your thoughts on the room. Also was the hot tub/pool open? any new updates to the lounge?

THanks!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
I have this room for the week of the F1 race, theres 3 of us in there. Tell me your thoughts on the room. Also was the hot tub/pool open? any new updates to the lounge?

THanks!
Room is very nicely laid out with a bedroom/bathroom on one side, a small foyer, then a large living room with its own tv, bar, and half bath. The views are spectacular since it is a corner room and you can see in all directions of the building. The lounge was open and had great views as well. I didn't really use the lounge for anything other than stealing sodas and coffee. The afternoon food was ok but I have a limited range of food I'm willing to eat (picky eater) so I don't think I should judge. Quality wise, what I had was good enough. The only renovation related issue is that that front entrance is still closed so you go through a side entrance but it doesn't matter at all so don't let that bother you.

I enjoy the stay and I would recommend it to others. Concierge was also very friendly and helpful I should add. He booked our train tickets (and picked them up) to Huangshan so we didn't need to do anything at all other than give him cash. English was good. Breakfast was vast in the restaurant but I did not try the lounge brekfast which I believe just had a smaller selection.
dcsnowwake likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: United 1K; Hilton HHonors Gold; Marriott Platinum
Looking to redeem my AMEX 35k point certificate at the JW Marriott (good experience there and great Nespresso machine in lounge) or St Regis (good change of location compared to Peoples Square). Which one would you consider assuming a couple with 2 young kids (4 & 2) and Titanium status? It will be for one night only.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by S43R
Looking to redeem my AMEX 35k point certificate at the JW Marriott (good experience there and great Nespresso machine in lounge) or St Regis (good change of location compared to Peoples Square). Which one would you consider assuming a couple with 2 young kids (4 & 2) and Titanium status? It will be for one night only.
If your kids like swimming, and your visit is after May 1, the Portman and the JW both have great outdoor pools.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by S43R
We did a one night stay on points at the swanky St Regis just past week. They upgraded us to St Regis Suite. We loved it. I stayed previously at the JW Marriott and it was in my opinion too crowded and touristy. The St Regis is much more quiet and has an upper-class feel to it.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake

THanks!
Just to add on... If merely comparing the pool of LRM and Westin, be aware that Westin doesn't have a standard pool... It's in L shape and honestly not quite "swim-able".... Nevertheless LRM's pool is just a 20m pool so it's also a small one... But at least it's a rectangular pool....
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: United 1P
Should I choose Courtyard Xujiahui or Renaissance Zhongshan Park? Both are category 3 now. I like the location of Courtyard, but Renaissance seems to have a better hardware.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kgkg
Should I choose Courtyard Xujiahui or Renaissance Zhongshan Park? Both are category 3 now. I like the location of Courtyard, but Renaissance seems to have a better hardware.
Depends on why you are going to shanghai. The rooms are bigger with much nicer views at Renaissance
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by SP03

Depends on why you are going to shanghai. The rooms are bigger with much nicer views at Renaissance
Thank you. I have friends in XuJiaHui and need to go to work near JingAn Temple. For me, I also want to have a hotel/place to relax and enjoy the city, hopefully with a nice gym, sauna and swimming facility as well as nice lounge food.

I am a titanium member. Would it be possible that I will be upgraded to a large suite in either hotels so that the rooms would not be much different?

Last edited by kgkg; Apr 26, 2019 at 9:09 am
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kgkg

Thank you. I have friends in XuJiaHui and need to go to work near JingAn Temple. For me, I also want to have a hotel/place to relax and enjoy the city, hopefully with a nice gym, sauna and swimming facility as well as nice lounge food.

I am a titanium member. Would it be possible that I will be upgraded to a large suite in either hotels so that the rooms would not be much different?
The Renaissance is pretty convenient to JinAn Temple too. It's on the same subway line to JinAn and airports. The facilities are definitely nicer at the Renaissance. It's also connected to a mega mall so you'll have a lot of food options there.

I stayed at the Courtyard a lot last year, but with the category change, I would rather stay at the JW Changfeng or the Renaissance
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: United 1K; Hilton HHonors Gold; Marriott Platinum
Just completed my 1-night stay at the St. Regis. Used an SNA and received an upgrade to the junior suite in the app. At check-in the room wasn't ready so we got upgraded to an 'apartment' on the 66th floor. It included a full kitchen and washing machine! I didn't feel comfortable though which was likely because of the altitude/air quality. Breakfast was OK. Location is a good change from the Shanghai railway station area (Courtyard Puxi) and Peoples Square but I agree with some here that the service was not special (except for the nice upgrade).
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Just completed a week stay at LRM in once of the residence suites. The room was the highlight. Was treated like crap. No hello or thanks for being platinum. We are in our mid 30s and there for the F1 race, they seemed like oh crap here comes people who we dont want here. Was never felt welcomed anytime at the lounge. Twice I had to say not only am I platinum, we are also staying in one of the suites that has lounge access anyway.

The elevators are super slow and a pain to take 2 to get to your floor. First they put us in the lower elevator so anytime we wanted to go to the lounge, we had to go back to the lobby to go back on a different elevator to the lounge. We got that swapped out real quick.

The room itself is beyond amazing and the view cannot be beat. The lounge selection was mediocre at best. Yes nice made to order station, but I my friends all thought the Marriott had a better spread, and we were welcome SO MUCH more there.

I will most likely never stay at this location again unless I need a big suite. Next time I will check out the JW or back to the Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.