Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China - 2019 onward

Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: carrotjuice
This thread is the place to discuss/compare the various Marriott, Starwood, and RC hotels in the Shanghai, China area.

There are 2 pre-2019 threads with historical information:

2018 Marriott/SPG/RC properties in Shanghai
(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for Shanghai. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan
Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong
The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai
The Hongta Hotel Shanghai
Twelve at Hengshan, Shanghai, Luxury Collection
Bulgari Hotel Shanghai

Full Service:
W Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park
W Shanghai - The Bund
W Suzhou
JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square
JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park
The Shanghai EDITION
Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Zhongshan Park Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel
Renaissance Suzhou Hotel
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Kangqiao
Marriott Shanghai City Centre
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Hongqiao
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside
Shanghai Marriott Pudong East
Westin Bund Centre Shanghai
Le Royal Meridien Shanghai
Le Meridien She Shan Shanghai
Le Meridien Shanghai, Minhang
Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Sheraton Shanghai Waigaoqiao
Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
Sheraton Marriott Hotel Parkview
Sheraton Shanghai Jiading Hotel
Sheraton Shanghai Chongming Hotel
Sheraton Shanghai
Delta Hotels Shanghai Baoshan
The Waterhouse at South Bund, Shanghai. Design Hotel
The Yuluxe Sheshan, Shanghai, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Limited Service:
Courtyard Shanghai Central
Courtyard Shanghai Changfeng Park
Courtyard Shanghai Hongqiao
Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong
Courtyard Shanghai Xujiahui
Courtyard Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone
Courtyard Shanghai Minhang
Courtyard Shanghai Jiading
Courtyard Shanghai Songjiang
Courtyard Shanghai Fengxian
Courtyard Kunshan
Courtyard Suzhou
Fairfield by Marriott Shanghai Jingan
Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning
Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong
Four Points by Sheraton Taicang
Four Points by Sheraton Suzhou
Aloft Shanghai Zhangjiang Haike
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China - 2019 onward

Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Has anyone stayed at the new JW Marriott Marquis in Pudong before? The views from the bathtub look amazing
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy: Titanium, IHG: Diamond Ambassador, Accor ALL: Gold
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Has anyone stayed at the new JW Marriott Marquis in Pudong before? The views from the bathtub look amazing
Stayed there back in September 2019 when I manaed to get a BRG rate. The view from the room is superb, but from the bathtub to the window is quite a distance. One of the better hotel breakfast in Shanghai too.
The downside is location, you will need private cars / taxis since the closest subway is almost 1 KM away. There is no public bus outside the hotel either. Lobby is not spacious and can be quite crowded at times.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:39 pm

Would welcome advice on hotel choices. I will be in Shanghai next year for about a week at a conference. The conference is at the Shanghai Convention & Exhibition Center of International Sourcing (SCECIS). There is a JW Marriott (Changfeng Park) very near, but doesn't seem like the most interesting area to be based (this will likely be my only trip to Shanghai and I will not need to be at the conference the whole time).
Trying to figure out what might work as a base, prefer a higher end hotel, with a reasonably quick way to get to/from the conference (subway, cab etc).

Suggestions much appreciated.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:30 pm

Apologies for bumping this, but hoping to get some advice or suggestions re post above.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Apologies for bumping this, but hoping to get some advice or suggestions re post above.

Without a budget we cannot recommend much. If you can do $200 a night then look to JW Marriott city Center or the Royal Meridien. For $300 a night you can grab Westin on the bund or even St Regis.

JW Changfeng is a great deal for $100ish a night. Never been though
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Without a budget we cannot recommend much. If you can do $200 a night then look to JW Marriott city Center or the Royal Meridien. For $300 a night you can grab Westin on the bund or even St Regis.

The Westin Bund Center is a decent hotel, but it's not especially close to the Bund.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:25 pm

Thanks. Budget is less of a consideration than getting to/from the conference location and also having enough other things to do. An ideal hotel would be one with relatively easy access to the conference site (ideally subway or quickish cab ride) but in an interesting area.
Or I could just stay at the Changfeng if getting to other places is not too painful.
The lack of transit info on google maps doesn't make figuring out some of this easy.
Appreciate the ideas.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:33 pm

Thanks. Budget is less of a consideration than getting to/from the conference location and also having enough other things to do. An ideal hotel would be one with relatively easy access to the conference site (ideally subway or quickish cab ride) but in an interesting area.
Or I could just stay at the Changfeng if getting to other places is not too painful.
The lack of transit info on google maps doesn't make figuring out some of this easy.
Appreciate the ideas.
The Zhongshan Park Ren might be a better choice for you because it has excellent subway access.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Appreciate the ideas.
If budget is not a concern and you want the best location with easy subway access, Westin on the bund or JW Marriott City Centre. Shanghai is easily connected but the bund view is kinda a must for first time tourists
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
JW Changfeng is a fantastic hotel. I spent 2 weeks there. The lounge is excellent for dinner. You can get breakfast at the main restaurant, which is huge. Rooms are fairly spacious with a huge bathroom.

The location isn't ideal for sightseeing. I would recommend staying there during the conference given proximity. The hotel is much nicer than most hotels in Shanghai. If you want to do some sightseeing, just take a taxi to the Zhongshan Park Metro (the stop after that is actually even closer). I've walked from Loushanguan Road metro stop to the hotel in about 15 mins.

After the conference, you can move to the Westin, Royal Le Meridien, JW Marriott Tomorrow Sq or even the Ritz Pudong. Pudong is growing on me and also fairly convenient.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
JW Changfeng is a fantastic hotel. I spent 2 weeks there. The lounge is excellent for dinner. You can get breakfast at the main restaurant, which is huge. Rooms are fairly spacious with a huge bathroom.

The location isn't ideal for sightseeing. I would recommend staying there during the conference given proximity. The hotel is much nicer than most hotels in Shanghai. If you want to do some sightseeing, just take a taxi to the Zhongshan Park Metro (the stop after that is actually even closer). I've walked from Loushanguan Road metro stop to the hotel in about 15 mins.

After the conference, you can move to the Westin, Royal Le Meridien, JW Marriott Tomorrow Sq or even the Ritz Pudong. Pudong is growing on me and also fairly convenient.
Lujiazui is not the slightest bit convenient IMO (I made the mistake of living there once; crossing the river to hang out with friends was always a PITA), but Flair at the RC warrants a visit.

Last edited by moondog; Jan 6, 2020 at 6:33 pm
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Lujiazui is not the slightest bit convenient IMO (I made the mistake of living there once, it crossing the river to hang out with friends was always a PITA), but Flair at the RC warrants a visit.
I wouldn’t live there but if you only have a few days in Shanghai, I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad area to stay. The views are way better and it’s a much newer hotel. Hotels in China become dated very quickly.

It’s only a short subway ride away from most sights.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
I wouldn’t live there but if you only have a few days in Shanghai, I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad area to stay. The views are way better and it’s a much newer hotel. Hotels in China become dated very quickly.

It’s only a short subway ride away from most sights.
Sure, go to Flair for a couple of hours to enjoy the best view in Shanghai, and then return to your well located hotel in order to actually experience Shanghai.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium

For those who are over 62, Senior rates are sometimes a good value at some China properties. (including JW's) Use the monthly flexible stay rate .
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Sure, go to Flair for a couple of hours to enjoy the best view in Shanghai, and then return to your well located hotel in order to actually experience Shanghai.
I guess it boils down to whether you want to experience the new Shanghai or the old Shanghai. And Shanghai is constantly changing so I don't think there's a right or wrong way to experience it. Most of the hotels mentioned are in fairly commercial/tourist locations, like Le Meriden, JW Tomorrow Square, Ren Yu Garden, and Westin. Pudong Ritz maybe a bit too financial, but the views are stunning. Lots of expats live in Jing'an and Huaihai Road, so I'm not sure if that's really the Shanghai experience anymore.

Taxi and Didi are cheap, so I personally would rather pick a hotel based on how nice the hotel is and being somewhat central, rather than focusing on a specific area

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.