Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This thread is to discuss and compare the various Marriott branded hotels in the Tokyo, Japan area.
The below 2 threads contain pre-2019 discussions for Tokyo area Marriott and Starwood hotels:
Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)

The Westin Tokyo
Notes: Upscale location, walkable to station, generally good for couples.
Detailed thread:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/713198-westin-tokyo-japan-2007-onward-master-thread.html

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
Notes:

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
Notes: Good if your trip focuses on the two Disney resorts, great themed rooms that kids love, no lounge but good breakfast.

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Notes: High rise hotel with views rivaling the Andaz.
Small but adequate lounge, onsen from the high floor is a novelty in itself. However lounge access is no longer provided to Marriott elites (unless booking a room that comes with access).
Detailed thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1728518-prince-gallery-tokyo-kioicho-japan-lc-master-thread.html

Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Notes: Decently large lounge with good high tea, conveniently located to Yokohama station, great upgrades for platinums.
If you have bags, don't use the train, since the Yokohama station is the "sagrada familia of tokyo" where construction never ends and passages are narrow and crowded.

Tokyo Marriott Hotel
Notes:

Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel
Notes:

Courtyard Tokyo Station
Notes:

The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
Notes:

The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Notes: Conveniently located in the vicinity of Shinagawa Station, a very short train ride from HND. Decent lounge. Big hotel rooms by Tokyo standards.

Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho
Notes: Botique hotel in a local neighbourhood outside of central Tokyo.

A'loft Ginza
Notes: very central location, small rooms, and a funky but nice rooftop bar with a hotdog stand.

AC Ginza
Notes:

The Tokyo Edition Toranomon
Notes:

Mesm Autograph Collection
Notes: Lounge based on status only available to Ambassador members. Otherwise need to book a room that includes lounge access.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by MasterGeek

What you could do is post a negative review about the Prince Gallery on TripAdvidor, and send a complain to the general manager and they will probably reverse course in their decision of being stingy towards elites.
Have they always been a luxury collection hotel? or did they just change. I remember reading somewhere that we don't really get benefits at luxury collection hotels... bs if you ask me...
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Yes The luxury collection use to get lounge access but Marriott took that away! Also the Sheraton Grand does have a lounge on the top floor.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Sheraton Grande

Yes The luxury collection use to get lounge access but Marriott took that away! Also the Sheraton Grande does have a lounge on the top floor.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Have they always been a luxury collection hotel? or did they just change. I remember reading somewhere that we don't really get benefits at luxury collection hotels... bs if you ask me...
Unfortunately the Bonvoy (and MR) T&C did mention that lounge benefit is not available at The Luxury Collection and The St Regis hotels and some other brands

iv. Guaranteed Lounge Access. The Member plus one guest staying in the same room receives access to the Concierge/Executive/Club/Signature Club/M Club lounge (collectively, “Lounge” or “Lounge Access”) during normal hours of operations at JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Delta Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Autograph Collection, and Renaissance Hotels. At Delta Hotels properties without a Signature Club Lounge, as the approved alternative the Member will receive access to the Elite Pantry. Lounge Access is offered at Courtyard properties with a Lounge outside the United States and Canada. This benefit is not applicable when breakfast is included in the rate or the brand offers an approved alternative. Additional charges may apply for Lounge Access where the guest count greater than the Member plus one allowance (including children).Lounge offers light snacks and daily continental breakfast. Lounge Access is not offered at the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Design Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Four Points, SpringHill Suites, Protea Hotels, Fairfield, AC Hotels, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, Element, Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, and participating Vistana properties. This benefit only applies to the one (1) guest room in which the Platinum Elite Member is staying.

(bolded the relevant wording)

And if I remember correctly, SPG own t&c also did exclude St Regis, Luxury Collection, W hotel, Tribute Portfolio, and Design hotels
Although pretty much all hotels that have lounge granted access to the elites.
(Some St Regis and Luxury Collection hotels that dont have lounge even provide extra platinum benefit such as plt happy hours for St Regis Singapore and Suiran Kyoto)

I guess MR want to align their luxury brands to not provide access just like Ritz Carlton hotels
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kaizen7
(Some St Regis and Luxury Collection hotels that dont have lounge even provide extra platinum benefit such as plt happy hours for St Regis Singapore and Suiran Kyoto)
The afternoon sake and champagne at Suiran Kyoto is complementary for all guests.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The afternoon sake and champagne at Suiran Kyoto is complementary for all guests.
I guess it will be staying then
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Can we get bring this thread back to Bonvoy (ugh) hotels in Tokyo? For a titanium tourist using points, which is the best option in terms of location and benefits? At this point I’m thinking we’ll end up paying cash at the Miyako or the Westin, and just be done with it. Prince Sakura would be my first choice, but no points availability, and too rich for this vacation.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by karenkay
Can we get bring this thread back to Bonvoy (ugh) hotels in Tokyo? For a titanium tourist using points, which is the best option in terms of location and benefits? At this point I’m thinking we’ll end up paying cash at the Miyako or the Westin, and just be done with it. Prince Sakura would be my first choice, but no points availability, and too rich for this vacation.
The Westin is a perfectly fine hotel with high quality F&B and decent rooms. I'd stay away from the Sheraton but that's just me.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Aventine
The Westin is a perfectly fine hotel with high quality F&B and decent rooms. I'd stay away from the Sheraton but that's just me.
I agreed, pick westin over sheraton in tokyo anytime.

With the reduction of plat benefits at Prince Gallery Kioicho regarding lounge access and breakfast, i can no longer stay there anymore.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Booked Tokyo Marriott hotel as a backup to my Prince Gallery reservation in case they maintain their stingy policy (no lounge access) towards elites.

It is also conveniently located as it's next to Shinagawa station. So easy to get in and out of Tokyo by Shinkansen, Narita Express and Airport Limousine bus
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Just checked out of Marriott Tokyo - amazing breakfast but they seemed to have an issue keeping the food hot on the buffet. The lounge was not up to par with China or their old first floor lounge but we ate enough for it to be our dinner two of the nights - lots of candy and Wilkinson dry ginger ale too.

i stayed at the Prince Sakura in Sept 2017 and the breakfast would be great for vegetarians and I really enjoyed though much less “American” than the Tokyo Marriott. Also prince. Sakura had much nicer gym and wonderful hot bath area. I do not recall the evening offerings in the lounge though.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
Tokyo Marriott
Also included excellent breakfast in restaurant. Full large continental and hot dishes. 5/5/
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:17 pm

Thinking about staying at a Marriott brand hotel for my family's trip to Tokyo but running into issues with the online booking tool because most places show no availability for a family of 4. It will be me, my wife, a 3 and a 1 year old. We have a portable crib that we'll bring along for the 1 year old. I have read that young children don't need to pay additional fees generally at that age. Should I just choose 2 adults and everything will be good? Or will I need to contact each hotel to check their rules?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by goob3r
Thinking about staying at a Marriott brand hotel for my family's trip to Tokyo but running into issues with the online booking tool because most places show no availability for a family of 4. It will be me, my wife, a 3 and a 1 year old. We have a portable crib that we'll bring along for the 1 year old. I have read that young children don't need to pay additional fees generally at that age. Should I just choose 2 adults and everything will be good? Or will I need to contact each hotel to check their rules?
I would say it really depends on the hotel. For example, the smallest room at the Courtyard Tokyo Station/Kyobashi is Japan business hotel-sized. That means it is just right for one person. 2 or more would be impossible.
However, even a small room at the Courtyard Ginza is room enough for 4. I have stayed there with 2 young uns without a problem (spacewise or chargewise).

I have found that although Japanese hotels charge by the person, Western hotels do not. At the ages of your children you shouldn't incur any additional charges.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Booked Tokyo Marriott hotel as a backup to my Prince Gallery reservation in case they maintain their stingy policy (no lounge access) towards elites.

It is also conveniently located as it's next to Shinagawa station. So easy to get in and out of Tokyo by Shinkansen, Narita Express and Airport Limousine bus
There is also a complimentary bus to/from the Marriott and Shinagawa Station. It runs at 00, 20 & 40 minutes during the day to Shinagawa Station from the hotel. More frequently during busy hours. The bus stop is just outside the Station to the left while from the hotel the bus stops across the street. I stayed there on March 12th and was upgraded to a high-floor full suite as a Titanium. We flew into NRT and out of HND so it was convenient as you say.

James in Phoenix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.