Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This thread is to discuss and compare the various Marriott branded hotels in the Tokyo, Japan area.
The below 2 threads contain pre-2019 discussions for Tokyo area Marriott and Starwood hotels:
Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)

The Westin Tokyo
Notes: Upscale location, walkable to station, generally good for couples.
Detailed thread:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/713198-westin-tokyo-japan-2007-onward-master-thread.html

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
Notes:

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
Notes: Good if your trip focuses on the two Disney resorts, great themed rooms that kids love, no lounge but good breakfast.

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Notes: High rise hotel with views rivaling the Andaz.
Small but adequate lounge, onsen from the high floor is a novelty in itself. However lounge access is no longer provided to Marriott elites (unless booking a room that comes with access).
Detailed thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1728518-prince-gallery-tokyo-kioicho-japan-lc-master-thread.html

Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Notes: Decently large lounge with good high tea, conveniently located to Yokohama station, great upgrades for platinums.
If you have bags, don't use the train, since the Yokohama station is the "sagrada familia of tokyo" where construction never ends and passages are narrow and crowded.

Tokyo Marriott Hotel
Notes:

Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel
Notes:

Courtyard Tokyo Station
Notes:

The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
Notes:

The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Notes: Conveniently located in the vicinity of Shinagawa Station, a very short train ride from HND. Decent lounge. Big hotel rooms by Tokyo standards.

Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho
Notes: Botique hotel in a local neighbourhood outside of central Tokyo.

A'loft Ginza
Notes: very central location, small rooms, and a funky but nice rooftop bar with a hotdog stand.

AC Ginza
Notes:

The Tokyo Edition Toranomon
Notes:

Mesm Autograph Collection
Notes: Lounge based on status only available to Ambassador members. Otherwise need to book a room that includes lounge access.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF, SQ, VA. Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by porphyra
I am guessing you mean the Price Sakura Tower, as that is a CAT 6 hotel and will cost 200K points for 5 nights. The Prince Gallery is category 8 and is beyond your stated budget. That being said, even though Shinagawa area is not happening as such, the proximity to the trains is a huge plus.. The hotel itself is nice but don't expect any major upgrades as a Platinum. Large rooms and a decent lounge; the hotel is tranquil and quite pretty. I imagine you will be taking the train out a lot to go see places - but that is not a big deal being in Shinagawa; bonus - wake up early, go through the station and upstairs to the blue bottle coffee at Atre. Sit there and watch the office workers funnel through the station. One of the most mesmerizing sites to behold. There is plenty liveliness on the Konan side of Shinagawa - but it is not quite like Shibuya.

Thanks for those comments. Yes, that certainly narrows it down to, and the previous positive comments on the Prince Sakura are reassuring with a good lounge, I think I’ll make a five night stay.

I will have an opportunity to earn a few more points before that so I will try a partial point redemption. I haven’t done that before but I probably need to take advantage of the current bonus. Although, I could wait to see if another bonus comes up before next April - do they happen often?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Question Ritz Carlton Tokyo vs The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho

Hi All,

Looking for help to decide which hotel would be better- Ritz vs the The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho. Looking at the hotel perks, possibility of upgrade (Only a platinum so maybe negligible), location. Any experts who have been to/ stayed at either and can suggest.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:18 pm

I stayed dozen times at Prince Gallery Kioicho and once at Ritz Carlton Tokyo. I love Prince Gallery Kioicho. It’s newer and location is much better than Ritz-Carlton. Even though the lounge is no longer complimentary at PG but at least breakfast is still complimentary for Platinum or above. Even though I were upgraded to Carlton Suite at Ritz Carlton Tokyo as an Ambassador last time but the room was very dated and the service is hit and miss. Of course the paid club lounge and the breakfast are better than PG but i believers 20,000 YEN per night. I still love the breakfast at PG because is is more relaxing.
Deep1312 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Little Animal
I stayed dozen times at Prince Gallery Kioicho and once at Ritz Carlton Tokyo. I love Prince Gallery Kioicho. It’s newer and location is much better than Ritz-Carlton. Even though the lounge is no longer complimentary at PG but at least breakfast is still complimentary for Platinum or above. Even though I were upgraded to Carlton Suite at Ritz Carlton Tokyo as an Ambassador last time but the room was very dated and the service is hit and miss. Of course the paid club lounge and the breakfast are better than PG but i believers 20,000 YEN per night. I still love the breakfast at PG because is is more relaxing.
+1. RC dated, overpriced. PG regularly available for great rates, often half that of the RC, newer better hard product. I prefer their corner king to Aman's standard room and Aman Tokyo is the best hotel in Tokyo in my opinion so I think quite highly of the PG. RC is only blessed by the strong tourist demand in Tokyo, I think they would otherwise struggle to compete with Aman, PG, and the soon-to-open EDITION.

Lounge at the PG is honestly lame though, even when I had complementary access as a platinum it was nothing compared to an RC club lounge and I wouldn't pay for it on its own but it is included with all the higher tier rooms if you book one.

They've been good to me with upgrades even when I was a platinum, but they don't have a large number of grand deluxe and suite rooms so you cannot bet solidly on getting one.
3rdworldresident and Deep1312 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Tokyo Courtyard: Ginza vs. Tokyo Station ?

Any preferences?

A bit of a mattress/site-seeing run.

From what I can see they seem pretty similar. I also considered the Tokyo Marriott, but Shinagawa is a bit out of the way (going to Shibuya and Disney).

Most other properties are a fair bit more expensive, and Moxy too small for a couple to spend 4 nights in (fewer benefits too).

Planning on using Go To Travel of course.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 8:26 pm

If you plan on spending any time in the room, I’d suggest Ginza since the rooms are bigger than Tokyo Station. If not, pick one with the better location for you.
JapanFlyerT likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I've stayed in both and the one in Shinagawa. I prefer Ginza, but I think they no longer provide free breakfast for Plat/Titanium.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Oct 7, 2020 at 11:49 pm Reason: grammar
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Iv'e stayed in both and the one in Shinagawa. I prefer Ginza, but I think they no longer provide free breakfast for Plat/Titanium.
That would be something to consider. Guess I should call.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:21 am

I prefer Shinagawa as they offer bigger room, lounge and almost full-breakfast. Free shuttle bus is avail to/from Shinagawa station every 20-30min. 
Please don't forget to check amount of Area Common coupon(Chi-i-ki-kyo-tsu-kuupon) as it is round off to 1000JPY.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:50 pm

Has anyone stayed at the ALOFT Ginza? Did they upgrade at least to the bigger room (not the suite)?

Last edited by SkyElite; Oct 12, 2020 at 1:51 pm
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyElite
Has anyone stayed at the ALOFT Ginza? Did they upgrade at least to the bigger room (not the suite)?
I have a room booked here (the larger Twin) for June. Reviews on TA are starting to come in.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I've stayed in both and the one in Shinagawa. I prefer Ginza, but I think they no longer provide free breakfast for Plat/Titanium.
How is that possible?
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
How is that possible?
The Ginza property is a courtyard, they only need to provide the 10USD breakfast amenity. They have been providing full breakfast before, going above and beyond.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
AC Tokyo Ginza

Property has not loaded rates beyond June 2021. Anybody know why?
Any info on how to email property or GM? Any comments on property?
Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ohmark
Property has not loaded rates beyond June 2021. Anybody know why?
Any info on how to email property or GM? Any comments on property?
Thanks
The property is brand new so you're less likely to hear comments about it here unless one of the Japanese residents on this forum has stayed there.

Many hotels in Japan don't load rates a full year out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.