Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward

Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This thread is to discuss and compare the various Marriott branded hotels in the Tokyo, Japan area.
The below 2 threads contain pre-2019 discussions for Tokyo area Marriott and Starwood hotels:
Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)

The Westin Tokyo
Notes: Upscale location, walkable to station, generally good for couples.
Detailed thread:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/713198-westin-tokyo-japan-2007-onward-master-thread.html

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
Notes:

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
Notes: Good if your trip focuses on the two Disney resorts, great themed rooms that kids love, no lounge but good breakfast.

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Notes: High rise hotel with views rivaling the Andaz.
Small but adequate lounge, onsen from the high floor is a novelty in itself. However lounge access is no longer provided to Marriott elites (unless booking a room that comes with access).
Detailed thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1728518-prince-gallery-tokyo-kioicho-japan-lc-master-thread.html

Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Notes: Decently large lounge with good high tea, conveniently located to Yokohama station, great upgrades for platinums.
If you have bags, don't use the train, since the Yokohama station is the "sagrada familia of tokyo" where construction never ends and passages are narrow and crowded.

Tokyo Marriott Hotel
Notes:

Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel
Notes:

Courtyard Tokyo Station
Notes:

The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
Notes:

The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Notes: Conveniently located in the vicinity of Shinagawa Station, a very short train ride from HND. Decent lounge. Big hotel rooms by Tokyo standards.

Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho
Notes: Botique hotel in a local neighbourhood outside of central Tokyo.

A'loft Ginza
Notes: very central location, small rooms, and a funky but nice rooftop bar with a hotdog stand.

AC Ginza
Notes:

The Tokyo Edition Toranomon
Notes:

Mesm Autograph Collection
Notes: Lounge based on status only available to Ambassador members. Otherwise need to book a room that includes lounge access.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward

Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Overall, a solid property if looking for a non-luxury stay near Ginza. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, especially over the Courtyard next door.

-FlyerBeek
Very timely info; thank you.I was looking at this property for a Dec 2022 stay. However, it was listed as "Sold Out", so I booked the suite at the Aloft Ginza (a few doors down) at JPY 45,000/night. Have not stayed at either property before, so hoping for the best. Otherwise, the fallback plan is to stay at Hyatt Centric Ginza again, but I would like another alternative in Ginza to choose from.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Hi all, I am (hopefully) going to be in Tokyo in July as the starting point for a SE Asia trip. Had good success booking all the flights on points and now am looking at hotels. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton during most of my visits and at the Four Season Marunouchi the others. I want to use points for the RC, but it's really insane for 2 nights: 167,000 points!! Or $515 per night so thats a hard one to justify from a points value perspective.

What are the other high-end Marriott properties that can be recommended? There are so many options and it's tough since I know what I know based on where I've stayed in the past. Will be me and my girlfriend and she's never been to Tokyo so want a hotel that is centrally located and a similar level of luxury as the RC.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Hi all, I am (hopefully) going to be in Tokyo in July as the starting point for a SE Asia trip. Had good success booking all the flights on points and now am looking at hotels. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton during most of my visits and at the Four Season Marunouchi the others. I want to use points for the RC, but it's really insane for 2 nights: 167,000 points!! Or $515 per night so thats a hard one to justify from a points value perspective.

What are the other high-end Marriott properties that can be recommended? There are so many options and it's tough since I know what I know based on where I've stayed in the past. Will be me and my girlfriend and she's never been to Tokyo so want a hotel that is centrally located and a similar level of luxury as the RC.
There are not really that many Marriott options at that end of the scale. RC, Prince Gallery, Edition. I have quite a thing for the Edition.

If you want to move away from traditional points hotels, the Capitol Tokyu at a club level room or suite is pretty good as well.

And by the way, the new Four Seasons at Otemachi is pretty neat as well.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Apr 19, 2022 at 4:45 pm
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P

Honestly $515 per night for the RC in Tokyo is a steal! As others mentioned there aren't a ton of great Marriott properties in Tokyo -- many of them are around Shinagawa (I used to live there so not putting it down but not great area for tourism) or Ginza (Marriott Courtyard and others ) but it's definitely not a luxury property - but it's a great location.... The four seasons properties are amazing but expensive as expected -- as is the Peninsula. I guess it all depends on what you are going for -- to me (As someone that lives in Tokyo) I would choose the Mandarin or the RC in a second - or the Tokyo station hotel for nostalgia -- for a trip this important I wouldn't try to save a few bucks on hotels -- there are better ways to do that....
Kacee likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Honestly $515 per night for the RC in Tokyo is a steal! As others mentioned there aren't a ton of great Marriott properties in Tokyo -- many of them are around Shinagawa (I used to live there so not putting it down but not great area for tourism) or Ginza (Marriott Courtyard and others ) but it's definitely not a luxury property - but it's a great location.... The four seasons properties are amazing but expensive as expected -- as is the Peninsula. I guess it all depends on what you are going for -- to me (As someone that lives in Tokyo) I would choose the Mandarin or the RC in a second - or the Tokyo station hotel for nostalgia -- for a trip this important I wouldn't try to save a few bucks on hotels -- there are better ways to do that....
Thanks. I did go ahead and grab the room at $515 which includes all taxes. Not eye watering for RC, I know! I am just crossing my fingers that Japan starts to open back up soon!!!!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Thanks. I did go ahead and grab the room at $515 which includes all taxes. Not eye watering for RC, I know! I am just crossing my fingers that Japan starts to open back up soon!!!!
My wife and I spent our wedding night there -- on points lol - and they upgraded us to a mind blowing suite (and of course we spent an ungodly amount of money at their restaurant but it was worth every penny). I would suggest that if you have a special occasion you let them know -- you might be surprised at what they do for you!

To this day we spend every anniversary at a RC no matter where we are in the world -- and believe me they know it - we so love their service and attention to detail!

Japan will open -- but slowly as is the culture -- we can all judge and criticize -- but the need for the Japanese to feel safe will always be their number one priority
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:22 pm

Japan will open -- but slowly as is the culture -- we can all judge and criticize -- but the need for the Japanese to feel safe will always be their number one priority
My favorite country in the world. I just love it. Had trips planned in March and April but had to cancel due to restrictions. Can't wait to get back.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:26 pm

Another question for you.... the new FS Otemachi is less than RC.... which would you go with? FS is about $100 less for the stay, so nothing drastic. Im a points snob lol.... so would regret not earning points.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Another question for you.... the new FS Otemachi is less than RC.... which would you go with? FS is about $100 less for the stay, so nothing drastic. Im a points snob lol.... so would regret not earning points.
FS has their equivalent to the Marriott Stars program, meaning you'd get breakfast, upgrade subject to availability, and a hotel credit thrown in for the same rate you see online. You just need a TA to book it. Might be worth looking into.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:06 am

That's a great property and well located for tourism - right across from the imperial palace. Really hard to go wrong with a FS in Tokyo!
Old May 23, 2022, 9:53 am
KKD

Programs: Marriott
AC vs. Aloft Ginza Tokyo?

Hi FTers,
I am wondering if anyone has stayed at these 2 properties - apart from the fact that they are proximate, what are the major differences, say room-wise and elite treatment-wise?
Thanks in advance
Old May 23, 2022, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KKD
Hi FTers,
I am wondering if anyone has stayed at these 2 properties - apart from the fact that they are proximate, what are the major differences, say room-wise and elite treatment-wise?
Thanks in advance
I have stayed at both. The Aloft has smaller rooms, and nothing much above the base rooms. There is a wider choice of room options at the AC. Aloft has a funky rooftop hotdog stand/bar. There is room for a rooftop bar at the AC but it was not open when I was there. Service wise about same same.

I guess an important question is at what price. If the same, I'd pick AC for sure.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:13 am
KKD

Thank you, CPH-Flyer.
Further to my question, if at the same price, will AC be preferred to the nearby CY-Tokyo Ginza?
Old May 25, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KKD
Thank you, CPH-Flyer.
Further to my question, if at the same price, will AC be preferred to the nearby CY-Tokyo Ginza?
The CY Ginza is feeling a bit tired. But there are a lot of fans of it as well. I'd do the AC over CY, even at a slightly higher price.
Old May 27, 2022, 3:57 pm
KKD

Thanks again, CPH-Flyer!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.