FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Ritz Visa Club Level Cert not working (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1949130-ritz-visa-club-level-cert-not-working.html)

cfo314 Jan 4, 2019 9:24 am

Ritz Visa Club Level Cert not working

I called in to book a summer holiday and use the club level upgrade certificates from the credit card. The agent said that, due to technical difficulties with the merger, they were unable to attach certificates to a reservation. The workaround is to book your room and then let the hotel call in at the time of arrival to have the cert applied.

Has anyone done this successfully? I am concerned this will not work and that club-level rooms will either be unavailable or too expensive at check-in.

Thanks

nexusCFX Jan 4, 2019 11:31 am

The agent is completely wrong. I have a reservation using one of those certificates in May. HUCA. You have to call the Ritz-Carlton reservations number. You can also book online using rate code Z34 and then call in to have them change it to Z38 and apply the club upgrade cert.

BNAChairman May 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Trying to use these things is maddening. I see low-ish rates for the Los Angeles Ritz for both the standard and club level rooms on May 26 - 27. I'm being told all manner of things by every agent I speak to at Ritz, Marriott and Chase. One agent said their system is broken and can't process them any longer, another said they require a 2 night minimum stay, still another said to call Chase. I've emailed the GM at the property to enquire. Any other suggestions?

cfo314 May 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman (Post 31104948)
Trying to use these things is maddening. I see low-ish rates for the Los Angeles Ritz for both the standard and club level rooms on May 26 - 27. I'm being told all manner of things by every agent I speak to at Ritz, Marriott and Chase. One agent said their system is broken and can't process them any longer, another said they require a 2 night minimum stay, still another said to call Chase. I've emailed the GM at the property to enquire. Any other suggestions?

try using code z34 online as stated above. This gave me a better rate than the free club level upgrade.

BNAChairman May 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks. Finally figured out that this property only shows availability for the z34 rate for stays of two or more nights. Seems unfair given the 1 through 7 night terms of the certificate. Hopefully the GM will be able to pull some strings. Have never had difficulty using these for one night stays in the past.

nexusCFX May 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman (Post 31105007)
Thanks. Finally figured out that this property only shows availability for the z34 rate for stays of two or more nights. Seems unfair given the 1 through 7 night terms of the certificate. Hopefully the GM will be able to pull some strings. Have never had difficulty using these for one night stays in the past.

That’s because z34 is the $100 credit rate which requires a 2 night stay.

BNAChairman May 15, 2019 2:37 pm

So no longer able to use the certs for one night and forgo the $100 credit? I used one last year for one night in Chicago.

nexusCFX May 16, 2019 4:13 am

Originally Posted by BNAChairman (Post 31105112)
So no longer able to use the certs for one night and forgo the $100 credit? I used one last year for one night in Chicago.

Who said you are no longer able to use them for one night? The Z34 rate isn’t even a club upgrade rate and never showed any results for single night stays when searching online. It’s just a useful proxy for availability. Call and book on the phone.

BNAChairman May 16, 2019 11:25 am

Every agent I spoke to claimed that this property requires a two night stay to use the club level upgrade certificates. I did receive a call today from the hotel after writing to the GM and asking for assistance. They suggested making a two night stay reservation with the certificate and then they would manually edit it for one night on their end at the hotel.

mgi Aug 22, 2019 10:11 am

I have an upcoming reservation that I called Marriott to use the RC Card club level certificate for. They are confirming that the certificate has been attached to my reservation but the room type on the reservation does not say Club Room. They insist all is okay and the hotel will know its a club room. Is that how the certificate upgrades are processed? I fear this is going to be an issue at check in but Marriott reservations says its all good.

nexusCFX Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am

Originally Posted by mgi (Post 31444244)
I have an upcoming reservation that I called Marriott to use the RC Card club level certificate for. They are confirming that the certificate has been attached to my reservation but the room type on the reservation does not say Club Room. They insist all is okay and the hotel will know its a club room. Is that how the certificate upgrades are processed? I fear this is going to be an issue at check in but Marriott reservations says its all good.

When I have used them, the room type changes to a club level room. Honestly though, as long as the rate says club upgrade you're probably fine. These certificates are not held by a large number of users so there's a lot of bugs and problems that Marriott is just never going to fix. For example, even when they attach certs the reservation tends to still say you need to attach certificates, and you just have to ignore the message.

mgi Aug 22, 2019 11:50 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 31444562)
When I have used them, the room type changes to a club level room. Honestly though, as long as the rate says club upgrade you're probably fine. These certificates are not held by a large number of users so there's a lot of bugs and problems that Marriott is just never going to fix. For example, even when they attach certs the reservation tends to still say you need to attach certificates, and you just have to ignore the message.

Thanks. The rate doesnt say it and the room type doesnt. The Bonvoy agent said he had spoken with the property and they understand its a club room. Very odd to say the least - its just not fun to have to deal with this at Check-In if they dont see all of the notes internally.

nexusCFX Aug 22, 2019 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by mgi (Post 31444610)
Thanks. The rate doesnt say it and the room type doesnt. The Bonvoy agent said he had spoken with the property and they understand its a club room. Very odd to say the least - its just not fun to have to deal with this at Check-In if they dont see all of the notes internally.

Sounds like you're not getting the $100 credit then either? What does the rate say? I would just call and spoonfeed an agent to change it to rate Z38 and attach the certificate.