Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018) [Master Thread]

Old Oct 27, 18, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador

Hi

I am going to New York City for a weekend in Spring 2019 as a treat for a family member. I have some Marriott points that I can use - I am looking for advice for the best hotel to stay in as a tourist and for redeeming points.

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 18, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Since it is only for a weekend and you did not get into any specifics on what you are most interested in seeing/doing. I am going to go with Westin Grand central. Good location with fairly large rooms for New York. Nothing fancy though since I figure you will be making the most of your limited time and just using the room as a place to sleep.
Old Oct 27, 18, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Thanks, to be honest our itinerary is not yet planned, but probably looking to do the main tourist sites (statue of liberty etc) and see a broadway show - any suggestions on this front would also be great!
Old Oct 27, 18, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by dycc View Post
Thanks, to be honest our itinerary is not yet planned, but probably looking to do the main tourist sites (statue of liberty etc) and see a broadway show - any suggestions on this front would also be great!
So one day you can do Statue of Liberty early and since you will then be in battery park area you can see WTC, Empire State Building, financial district. I would recommend Empire State Building at night. Day two you can do Times Square, Rockefeller, Central Park and a show in the evening. That should knock out most of the touristy stuff. In between you can check out little Italy, China town etc. I recommend getting Statue of Liberty tickets early if you want to go up to the top or the pedestal. They sell out quickly.
Old Oct 27, 18, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
There is, of course, an extensive thread on this that you might want to review ...
Old Oct 27, 18, 4:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat 2.3MM; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dycc View Post
Hi

I am going to New York City for a weekend in Spring 2019 as a treat for a family member. I have some Marriott points that I can use - I am looking for advice for the best hotel to stay in as a tourist and for redeeming points.

Thanks
Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
There is, of course, an extensive thread on this that you might want to review ...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...hreads-61.html
Old Oct 28, 18, 1:15 am

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA, Hhonors Gold
Why not a Fairfield or a R.I. in order to get the free breakfast? If you have the points, I'd pick a R. I.
Old Oct 28, 18, 12:50 pm

OP really should help us helping him/her by doing some homework and being more specific. Even Manhattan has a lot of to cover from Statue of Liberty in lower Manhattan to Columbia University in the north. The subway has a lot of constructions during the weekend.

I think the best redemption values are in lower Manhattan (or the outer boroughs or New Jersey) but you kind of lose the proximity to midtown stuff.
Old Nov 19, 18, 12:11 am

NYC: 4pts Times Square West vs Courtyard Central Park

Hello all,
My wife and I are going to be using certs to stay 2 nights in New York during the first weekend in Dec. I have one cert that is good up to 40k points, and one for up to 35k.

The properties listed in the title both have the nights available. I was trying to book the Residence Inn Central Park but there was no availability for our dates.
We have no real plans, we just want to walk around and do touristy stuff. My see a show.

I am plat premier (ambassador in the next week or so). Included breakfast would be nice, but I know it is not offered at the Courtyard.
Any general thoughts on where we should stay?
Old Jan 3, 19, 3:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Alaska Gold
Need recommendation for Cat 4 hotel in NYC

I'm looking to redeem my Marriott travel package for 7 nights in NYC. I am a Marriott Platinum. Coming from Asia, I've read that breakfast 'buffets' are forgettable at 'lower' brands in North America. Should I even consider the kind of breakfast these hotels provide to Platinum members? What about lounge access? I have shortlisted the hotels below. Any input will be a great help, thank you!

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East
Courtyard New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
AC Hotel New York Downtown
Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan/Financial District
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
Moxy NYC Downtown
Residence Inn New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
Courtyard Long Island City/New York Manhattan View
Aloft Long Island City-Manhattan View
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge
Aloft New York Brooklyn
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by nunogomes View Post
I'm looking to redeem my Marriott travel package for 7 nights in NYC. I am a Marriott Platinum. Coming from Asia, I've read that breakfast 'buffets' are forgettable at 'lower' brands in North America. Should I even consider the kind of breakfast these hotels provide to Platinum members? What about lounge access? I have shortlisted the hotels below. Any input will be a great help, thank you!

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East
Courtyard New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan/Financial District
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
Moxy NYC Downtown
Residence Inn New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
Courtyard Long Island City/New York Manhattan View
Aloft Long Island City-Manhattan View
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge
Aloft New York Brooklyn
None of the above listed hotels have lounges as they are select / long term stay brands. Downtown area is actually pretty nice with Battery Park, Statue of Liberty within walking distance of the hotels. I have actually stayed at the Fairfield Inn Financial District and I would rather avoid it. The rooms are extremely small and the breakfast is just ok. Aloft breakfasts might actually be nice - I have never stayed at one but the locations listed - both Brooklyn and Long Island City will require a fair amount of commute to get into midtown area.

When you are staying 7 nights commuting back and forth will eat a lot of your time. NYC is kind of food heaven - you will find nice breakfast spots almost everywhere in the city. Stay atleast in the downtown area - the Residence Inn might not actually be a bad choice - I have not stayed at this particular one but I have stayed at other residence inns and the breakfast is actually better than a Courtyard or a fairfield.
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There had been an element property in midtown--it's about ten years old--but I suspect it's higher than a category 4.
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
There had been an element property in midtown--it's about ten years old--but I suspect it's higher than a category 4.
It is a category 5, none of the midtown hotels are 4.
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's also the Sheraton SoHo (really in Chinatown) which was SPG category 5. It does have a lounge with a nice view from the outdoor terrace.
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
There's also the Sheraton SoHo (really in Chinatown) which was SPG category 5. It does have a lounge with a nice view from the outdoor terrace.
The OP is only looking at Cat 4 hotels and only the hotels listed in the original post match the criteria.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: