Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mr. BoH
Manhattan (NYC) Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Closed Permanently During COVID-19 Pandemic

The following hotels may be discussed in this thread however each property has indicated it closed during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not reopen.
  • Courtyard Herald Square
  • Courtyard 5th Avenue
  • Marriott East Side
  • W Downtown
  • The Maxwell
  • Gramercy Park Hotel
  • Courtyard Downtown/WTC
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lsquare
I've kind of settled down on the flights that I like to take to and from NYC. I prefer AC 548 to EWR and then fly out from JFK with CX865. This allows me to maximize my time there. I've done this a few times already. Unless I'm mistaken, it would be ideal to stay in midtown since I can just take the E to the AirTrain station.

The problem with Weehawken is the fee since MTA weekly pass won't cover it. I did still go to Weehawken on my last trip for the views, which was outstanding on a sunny day.
The Courtyard LIC and Aloft LIC are basically on top of the Queens Plaza station, which is on the E line (and will be a quicker trip out to JFK). If you stay in FiDi, you can take the A train to Howard Beach and catch the Airtrain from there.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:20 pm

Heading with kids to NY, considering (groan) the Marquis and Ren midtown for location and lounge.

Marquis pros/cons:
* slightly better location for what we want to do
* better SNA options
* $30/day destination fee

Ren pros:
* less congested/less noise (nicer property overall IMO as a solo traveler)
* basically no SNA options
* $50/night "upgrade" charge on top of points to get a room with 2 queens.

We will be there for a couple of weekend days as well, and the lounge is closed at both properties, not sure which has better alternatives on the weekend.

Any other thoughts on this or what the hell this dumb upgrade charge is? I'm wondering if I can just book the king at the Ren with no upgrade charge then just call the hotel and ask them to change it.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:42 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Marquis pros/cons:
* slightly better location for what we want to do
Is what you want to do to be stuck in Times Square tourist hell? If so, Marquis sounds great.

Otherwise, Ren
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:49 pm

well, we are able to "walk" and use the "subway" to go other places ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but yeah, I think it's the ren
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Other than the St. Regis do any of the NYC hotels allow a titanium to use the benefit for in-room breakfast?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:36 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by KingBraden
Other than the St. Regis do any of the NYC hotels allow a titanium to use the benefit for in-room breakfast?
I don't think so, no. Not as a routine matter of course.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by KingBraden
The W Union Square—but it’s specifically the continental, not a $ credit towards anything on the menu.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:42 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by flyingeph12

The W Union Square—but it’s specifically the continental, not a $ credit towards anything on the menu.
Ah, I don't believe the W Union Square includes in-room dining as part of its breakfast benefit.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Thanks for the quick responses. I guess I will either bite the bullet on the points or the breakfast to give my daughter her dream.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Ah, I don't believe the W Union Square includes in-room dining as part of its breakfast benefit.
Unless things have changed within the past few months, the Platinum breakfast benefit at the W Union Square is continental breakfast via in-room dining.

This thread also indicates this is so:
Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyingeph12

Unless things have changed within the past few months, the Platinum breakfast benefit at the W Union Square is continental breakfast via in-room dining.

This thread also indicates this is so:
Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012
I stand corrected. Sorry--and thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:47 pm

I stand corrected. Sorry--and thanks!
No worries! It is confusing that there are so many different permutations of the breakfast benefit.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Stayed at the Four Points Downtown for the last couple of days. The review thread is in the SPG sub-forum and is not editable, so will share my thoughts here.

While the hotel appears newer than other Manhattan Four Points and my room was surprisingly generously sized and good looking, but they skimped on the basics which I take for granted when booking with an ex-SPG hotel (which normally can be relied on). The main things I didn't like were the following:
The bed had a sort of mat under the sheets of the type you might see in an old person's home. It is impossible to sit in the bed without it getting uncomfortably bunched up and made the bed feel super lumpy.
The air conditioning was right next to the head of the bed and was one of the loudest I've ever come across. The usual aircon noise was much larger than usual, was backed up by a "fridge" type noise and also had an odd AMSR type of scratching noise
The shower had a combination of low water pressure and a water saving showerhead. The combo of the two meant that you don't get the usual feeling of being in a shower which I use to wake up instead of caffeine

I won't return. I'm hopeful none of these are new US Four Points brand standard.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Stayed at the Four Points Downtown for the last couple of days. The review thread is in the SPG sub-forum and is not editable, so will share my thoughts here.

While the hotel appears newer than other Manhattan Four Points and my room was surprisingly generously sized and good looking, but they skimped on the basics which I take for granted when booking with an ex-SPG hotel (which normally can be relied on). The main things I didn't like were the following:
The bed had a sort of mat under the sheets of the type you might see in an old person's home. It is impossible to sit in the bed without it getting uncomfortably bunched up and made the bed feel super lumpy.
The air conditioning was right next to the head of the bed and was one of the loudest I've ever come across. The usual aircon noise was much larger than usual, was backed up by a "fridge" type noise and also had an odd AMSR type of scratching noise
The shower had a combination of low water pressure and a water saving showerhead. The combo of the two meant that you don't get the usual feeling of being in a shower which I use to wake up instead of caffeine

I won't return. I'm hopeful none of these are new US Four Points brand standard.
No Hyatt Place or Hyatt House options, I guess?

I've never had a Four Points experience even in NYC that approaches the issues you've described. And I've stayed at several of the other FP in Manhattan, coincidentally. As for a loud air con, that always seems to be in the eye of the beholder.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:48 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
No Hyatt Place or Hyatt House options, I guess?
No Hyatt for me until 2020. I'm seeing out 2019 with some more Marriotts and testing some reciprocal club accommodation of my London-based Member's Club - might make it to Titanium.

I've stayed at 2-3 of the other Manhattan Four Points and whilst none was exactly perfect, none had these issues either. I was thinking of taking a video or testing the decibels of the aircon, unfortunately I never got around to it. Now at the TWA Hotel in JFK which has normal volume aircon, but won't go below 69 which I dislike almost as much as you would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.