Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mr. BoH
Manhattan (NYC) Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Closed Permanently During COVID-19 Pandemic

The following hotels may be discussed in this thread however each property has indicated it closed during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not reopen.
  • Courtyard Herald Square
  • Courtyard 5th Avenue
  • Marriott East Side
  • W Downtown
  • The Maxwell
  • Gramercy Park Hotel
  • Courtyard Downtown/WTC
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
. Saw reviews for the RI Midtown East which is right around the corner for the Renn 57, reviews are glowing and the points is the same as The Maxwell and it only 2.5 blocks away I think we have a winner.
The RI Midtown East has been our go-to for NYC for the past 3 or so years. Very good every time. Rooms are spacious by NYC standards, manager seems to be on top of the place.

Others nearby:
The Lexington (right next door to the RI Midtown East): Beautiful art deco hotel in need of a complete gut and has needed a complete gut for 10+ years. Rooms can be tiny, some aren't too bad. Housekeeping & service is spotty at best. HVAC unpredictable. F&B is an avoid at all costs -- there's a nice bodega across the street.
IC Barclay -- This used to be our main hotel until the renovation. Yes, the old design wasn't trendy & hip, but it was still very comfortable, well-maintained, and service was good. Only been back once since the renovation. Not a fan. Prices got a healthy boost post-reno as well.

RI Times Square -- Should be called RI Bryant Park, not Times Square, but that's a good thing. Busy hotel, rooms are a bit smaller but serviceable. Location is great and it's much quieter than being in the middle of Times Square. I've been staying here for 15(?) years now. The RI Midtown gets my first vote, but if that's not open, I'll often take this one instead.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by thomas199023
What is the Four Points Downtown like? Scored a 96USD/Night deal for mid February.
i've stayed here a bunch of times & would definitely return if i needed to be in the area....i've always either booked or been 'upgraded' to one of their corner rooms which are more spacious....
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I recently posted in the old SPG thread, but since there hasn't been much response I figured I'd try again here:

I'm looking for a NYC hotel (SPG/Marriott) for a one-night stay on Saturday, February 23. I'll arrive at JFK at 5:20pm on a Saturday and will fly out of ORD at 4:40pm the following Monday.
Haven't yet decided when I'll fly to ORD, but probably late Sunday afternoon (I guess LGA would be the most practical option?), so I'll have about 24 hours in New York.
I've seen most/all of the touristy stuff in Midtown/Manhattan, so I'd like to stay in an area that has more "regular" life. Ideally some place that's not 100% hipster.

Where would you stay?
I'm willing to pay up to 200$ for that night, but I wouldn't mind paying much less either. I'll be traveling alone.
I've stayed at the W Times Square and the Westin Grand Central in the past and both were a bit "meh". Would be great to find something more modern.
I'm also open for staying in Brooklyn or so if there is something interesting to see there.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I'm looking for a NYC hotel (SPG/Marriott) for a one-night stay on Saturday, February 23. I'll arrive at JFK at 5:20pm on a Saturday and will fly out of ORD at 4:40pm the following Monday.
Haven't yet decided when I'll fly to ORD, but probably late Sunday afternoon (I guess LGA would be the most practical option?), so I'll have about 24 hours in New York.
are you staying for 1 night or 2????you say you will get in on saturday but give both monday & sunday as your check-out days....
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I want to stay one night in New York and one night in Chicago. But the Chicago hotel would be beyond the scope of this thread.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Westin Times Square a couple weeks back. Had to be in the area due to meetings (otherwise I avoid Times Square like the plague). First time staying there in about 5 years.

First proper upgrade I've gotten as PPE in a while (non-suite but high floor, nice view and big room especially by NYC standards -- and compared to earlier in same week at Ten Arts New Orleans where I got the wrong room type and stuck in the middle overlooking the hotel interior it was a nice change).

No lounge but offered breakfast instead, declined for points. Very convenient to Subway to get uptown. Our corporate rate is exempt from the destination fee so no view on that.

Only pain is the stupid Marriott Q4 promo didn't give me credit for a new brand.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Anyone have good recent family stay experiences they would recommend? We are thinking of popping down for 3 or 4 nights mid-week, mid-March during Ontario school break. I usually stay Essex House or Ren Midtown for work depending on meeting locations, both seem like they could be fine options, but wondering if anyone has any better family (2 kids, 2 adults) options they like.

Essex house has a 1-bedroom suite available for 300k for our dates, but could be open to adjoining rooms they are accessible somewhere.

Doing a tourist few days, so I'm not too fussed about Manhattan locations as I picture us on the subway around the city quite a bit.

TIA

T.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Duke787

Only pain is the stupid Marriott Q4 promo didn't give me credit for a new brand.
Those points haven't posted for anyone yet.

I have a 24 hr layover in NYC in early October. Not very familiar with the city but last time I was there, a friend took me for a walk along the High Line which I loved. I would do that again and some other touristy stuff, but no time for theatre. I will be flying in/out of JFK, but I think it should be fairly accessible to downtown via public transit.

I'm looking for a Cat 5 hotel with a decent lounge (will use a free night cert as the prices are insane for my dates). What I've come up with so far are:

Sheraton Times Sq (annoyed by $25 destination fee)
Renaissance 57
Sheraton Tribeca
Marriott Downtown (not sure about location and there is $15 destination fee)

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I have a 24 hr layover in NYC in early October. Not very familiar with the city but last time I was there, a friend took me for a walk along the High Line which I loved. I would do that again and some other touristy stuff, but no time for theatre. I will be flying in/out of JFK, but I think it should be fairly accessible to downtown via public transit.

I'm looking for a Cat 5 hotel with a decent lounge (will use a free night cert as the prices are insane for my dates). What I've come up with so far are:

Renaissance 57
Sheraton Tribeca

Prices in NYC change frequently so I'd keep any eye on them. Of that bunch, I've stayed in the Renn 57 and Sheraton Times Square. Both I'd avoid but ... if a cat 5, your options are limited. I think the lounge may be closed in the Renn 57. The location is good but the hotel not so much. Sheraton Times Square is just OK but convenient. I think there are some comments here on the Sheraton Tribeca that seem positive but can't vouch for it. Marriott Downtown is fine but not convenient for tourist activities.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Any thoughts about the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea? Is it preferable to the Four Points Downtown? Reviews seem better for it. and its about 15USD a night cheaper.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Renaissance 57
Sheraton Tribeca

I have have stayed at the RENN 57, great location, but a horrible hotel, it's old and the refurb was bad. If you are only in NYC for 24 hours, there are better places to stay, If you go back 2-3 pages many people have posted about the other hotels. Look at 4 points and save yourself some points.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Renaissance 57
Sheraton Tribeca

I have stayed at Sheraton Times Square & Tribeca. The Sheraton Tribeca has a better lounge and is a more interesting part of the city.
margarita girl and mhdena like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Stayed at the Times Square location when Obama visited. It was anyway zoo but during his visit it was absolutely crazy. Location is OK but hotel was old. Had a nasty problem with the room cleanliness which would deter me from staying again.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Stayed at Tribeca twice in the last 2 months, and going back this weekend. Hotel is in good shape. Rooms are spotless. Staff is nice. On one stay they let me check in at 10am - gave me the choice of waiting for an upgraded room OR checking in immediately to a king standard. King standard was small, but bigger than most standard NYC hotel rooms. Bathroom in a standard room is a different story...barely able to turn around. Lounge breakfast was nice. Wine and beer in the evenings. (Didn't check out the food in the evenings on either stay). Too few elevators for the size of hotel but that's no big deal. Easy access to many subway lines (ACE just a few hundred feet away, many others on Canal a short walking distance in either direction).

Plus, no destination fee.

Look, it's no St. Regis. But for a Sheraton, it does a fine job. Especially if you don't plan on hanging out in the room.

Renaissance 57
Sheraton Tribeca

margarita girl and mhdena like this.

Last edited by dcstudent; Feb 5, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Renaissance 57
Sheraton Tribeca

Don't stay at Times Square!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.