Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mr. BoH
Manhattan (NYC) Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Closed Permanently During COVID-19 Pandemic

The following hotels may be discussed in this thread however each property has indicated it closed during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not reopen.
  • Courtyard Herald Square
  • Courtyard 5th Avenue
  • Marriott East Side
  • W Downtown
  • The Maxwell
  • Gramercy Park Hotel
  • Courtyard Downtown/WTC
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
We had a wonderful stay (points) at the JW Essex House this past November. Very classy hotel with executive lounge open nearly all day.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:28 pm

Heading to the city in March and I'm having the hardest time figuring out where to stay. Going to an event in Brooklyn during one day so all I want is an easy train ride to and from. Looking for a good deal since it's cold and rates are low, but is seems like I'm not finding the sweet spot of pretty good property for a reasonable rate. Any suggestions? We are young-ish, no need for a spa or on-site dining. We would much rather be near a local brewpub.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I recently stayed at the W Union Square. On the pro side, excellent location with lots of restaurants/bars in the neighborhood and a 5 minute subway ride to Grand Central and the staff was very nice. On the con side, a very basic plat breakfast with no credit toward upgrade (three breads, coffee, and juice) and no suite upgrade as an Ambassador.

Still, I've added it to the "do not avoid" list which as good as any property in Manhattan gets So my personal list of properties on the "do not avoid list" is now:

1, JW Essex
2. Renn Times Square (it does have a lounge on the second floor overlooking Times Square)
3. Renn Midtown
4, W Union Square
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Some new properties opening (or recently opened) in NYC:

* Courtyard Financial District - July '19 - Cat 4
* Courtyard Midtown West - April '19 - Cat 5
* The Times Square EDITION - Feb '19 - Cat 7
* Fairfield Inn & Suites Midtown West - April '19 - no cat listed yet
* Moxy Chelsea - Feb '19 - Cat 5
* Moxy Downtown - now open - Cat 4
* Renaissance Chelsea - July '19 - no cat listed yet
* Residence Inn Financial District - July '19 - Cat 4
* Springhill Suites Midtown West - April '19 - no cat listed yet
* Townplace Suites Times Square - now open - Cat 5
* AC Hotel Downtown - now open - Cat 4

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:01 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I recently stayed at the W Union Square. On the pro side, excellent location with lots of restaurants/bars in the neighborhood and a 5 minute subway ride to Grand Central and the staff was very nice. On the con side, a very basic plat breakfast with no credit toward upgrade (three breads, coffee, and juice) and no suite upgrade as an Ambassador.

Still, I've added it to the "do not avoid" list which as good as any property in Manhattan gets So my personal list of properties on the "do not avoid list" is now:

1, JW Essex
2. Renn Times Square (it does have a lounge on the second floor overlooking Times Square)
3. Renn Midtown
4, W Union Square
Only one N in Renaissance (well, except for the one at the end), so I imagine it follows that there'd be only one N in Ren.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Alaska MVPG75
Best NYC property for first time weekend stay

Which property makes the most sense to stay at for a first time visitor to NYC on a long winter weekend? Plan is sightseeing, shopping, and dining. Thank you for any recommendations
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Having a price point to work off of would help get better recommendations.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Alaska MVPG75
Open minded and likely using points for the stay. 25-50K MR/night would be fine.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
The midtown Four Points is decent, and there's a newer one on 35/10 which is a bit further west but walkable to many attractions & shopping. I've had some good economical stays at Four Points Chelsea, too.

If you want to splurge (since it's your first trip) I'd go for a W, though. Are you solo?

Be sure to check paying with $ too - several are under $200/night this time of year.
faithful likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’d concur with the advice above. The two central Four Points (and the Sheraton TriBeCa) are goodish value and in convenient locations to enjoy Manhattan.

Pump up the budget a bit and you have the W Union Square which is perhaps a bit nicer, but it depends what you’re looking for.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What is the Four Points Downtown like? Scored a 96USD/Night deal for mid February.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by thomas199023
What is the Four Points Downtown like? Scored a 96USD/Night deal for mid February.
The rooms are absolutely tiny. They are clean and functional though and it’s a good home base for the area.
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Perfectly good 4 points. Rooms are tiny - even for NYC, but staff is nice. For $96, if you'll be out of the hotel most of the day, I'd totally stay there again.
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by seanp7
The midtown Four Points is decent, and there's a newer one on 35/10 which is a bit further west but walkable to many attractions & shopping. I've had some good economical stays at Four Points Chelsea, too.

If you want to splurge (since it's your first trip) I'd go for a W, though. Are you solo?

Be sure to check paying with $ too - several are under $200/night this time of year.
There's nothing splurge-y about a NYC W… they're all total dumps. The St. Regis or Chatwal might be more appropriate splurges, and at 60k if he's using points is much better value relative to the cheaper options.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:13 am

Just dreadful. I will never stay there again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.