Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 4, 22, 12:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Mr. BoH
Wiki Link
Manhattan (NYC) Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Closed Permanently During COVID-19 Pandemic

The following hotels may be discussed in this thread however each property has indicated it closed during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not reopen.
  • Courtyard Herald Square
  • Courtyard 5th Avenue
  • Marriott East Side
  • W Downtown
  • The Maxwell
  • Gramercy Park Hotel
  • Courtyard Downtown/WTC
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 23, 22, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cyog View Post
When I was searching, most were in that range, other than the top tier ones. "A nice place" as in clean, nice staff and service, good amenities, location, condition of the property isn't falling apart, recognize elite status and offer free breakfast.
It may be helpful to list the hotels in your price range for the dates you are looking for, so people don't have to guess which hotels may or may not be in range. Prices fluctuate quite a bit.
Old Sep 23, 22, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Also, "nice staff" in NYC may differ greatly in service and attitude versus "nice staff" in YVR.

David
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:47 pm

The ones I've been looking into are mainly The Lexington Hotel, Westin Times Square, W Times Square, Renaissance NY Midtown, The Times Square EDITION, Le Meridien NY and the Algonquin Hotel Times Square. What are people's preferences between these?
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA PlatPro, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
The ones I've been looking into are mainly The Lexington Hotel, Westin Times Square, W Times Square, Renaissance NY Midtown, The Times Square EDITION, Le Meridien NY and the Algonquin Hotel Times Square. What are people's preferences between these?
Of these, I would say Edition is the nicest, though obv no free breakfast. Ren Midtown is also nice, though the lounge may still be closed. The others are pretty tired but decent properties. Except I dislike the Algonquin.
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
i have stayed at each of these properties, if there is no particulars you are looking for the Algonquin is the most unique. Its like stepping back in time and would be a memorable stay. The blue bar has a great atmosphere. The rooms are small but the mattress will be the best you find in the city.
Old Sep 23, 22, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, AA 2MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
This post may get deleted / moved -- but as a Lifetime Titanium -- and a completely loyal Marriott member -- I signed a corporate contract for my company with the Hilton Garden Inn in Midtown as many of the good Marriott properties in Midtown have closed -- probably forever (our corporate HQ is in Midtown and Marriott was our former partner)..... The HGI is a solid property in a great location -- Midtown is only now starting to recover -- and the few remaining Marriott properties here are not great honestly... If one isn't scared of the train (I live here and live downtown) -- the Marriott's downtown are way better and much cheaper -- and very close to the train to get anywhere in NYC for $2.75 -- and you get all of the great places to see with an easy walk to SoHo -- if that's your thing....
Old Sep 26, 22, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, Bonvoy Plat Life, Amtrak S+, HH, DL, B6, MR
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH View Post
Of these, I would say Edition is the nicest, though obv no free breakfast. Ren Midtown is also nice, though the lounge may still be closed. The others are pretty tired but decent properties. Except I dislike the Algonquin.
I'm considering a quick stay at the Algonquin. Why do you dislike it? With regards to street noise, I'm wondering if they have interior-facing rooms? Some of these old hotels have those and they're usually dead quiet.

Search this Thread