Wiki Posts
Search

Confusion with PLT status renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Confusion with PLT status renewal

Today I was checking my MR account and found that they are asking me for 33 nights to renew my PLT status instead of the normal 50 nights!

My MR PLT card expire on February 28, 2019.

I was an SPG PLT elite member and merged my SPG account with my Marriott account as the principal account and closed my SPG account.

Is there any thing wrong with requirement for renewal (33 nights opposite to the normal of 50 nights) or it is a different way and logic in MR but I don't understand it?

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Jan 3, 2019 at 1:53 am
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Well any MR or SPG CC will get you 15 nights for a start
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:39 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I'm guessing the "33 nights to renew" setting hasn't been updated for 2019 yet and is a holdover from 2018. It should be updated hopefully fairly soon.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Today I was checking my MR account and found that they are asking me for 33 nights to renew my PLT status instead of the normal 50 nights!
NA-Flyer,

I would read "33 nights" as a temporary mistake by Marriott IT as 2019 begins -- not as a lowered elite requirement for you for 2019.

I ended 2018 with 77 nights. Currently, the Marriott app shows "0 nights" and "23 night(s) to Platinum Premier Elite." The 23 nights are what I would have needed at the end of 2018 to achieve Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador (if I had also achieved the spend). In other words, "23 night(s) to Platinum Premier Elite" is now meaningless and misleading.

I suspect that your "33 nights" notice is also meaningless and misleading.

When everything resets on the app, I think we'll see "nights needed" numbers based on 0 nights at the beginning of 2019 (because the program no longer provides roll-over nights).
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: United 1K Hilton Diamond
I had the same question, except it says I can renew at 19 nights....figured it was a bug.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Mine says: "23 nights + 20,000 USD to Ambassador"

Marriott IT can't even be consistent with its errors
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’m showing 0 nights plus $20,000 to Ambassador. At this stage I don’t think anyone should take anything the website presents overly seriously.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
It is very strange! Today is the 4th day of the month and all these IT glitches must be fixed
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: None - previously UA
It is very strange! Today is the 4th day of the month and all these IT glitches must be fixed
You typically have to wait until the middle of January for things to settle down.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's 4.5 months since Aug. 18, and they still haven't fixed all those "glitches" so I'm not at all surprised by this latest in a very long series of IT problems.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:49 pm

It really looks to me like Marriott has rolled over my "extra" nights above 75 from 2018. Anyone else seeing this?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador
it's just an error, they ended rollover last year
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
It really looks to me like Marriott has rolled over my "extra" nights above 75 from 2018. Anyone else seeing this?
Kacee,

Where are you seeing that?

I had 77 nights in 2018. I haven't stayed at a hotel this month, so I'm now correctly showing 0 nights on the iPhone app and 0 nights on the Marriott website (using Safari on a Mac). I did not expect rollover nights, and I don't have any.

Last edited by Horace; Jan 6, 2019 at 6:13 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Horace
Where are you seeing that?
I've been showing 2 nights in 2019 for several days. When I click "Nights Detail" they're in the "redeemed" category. While I do have 2 paid nights in 2019, that stay has (still) not posted, and my account shows zero activity for 2019. It's possible my paid stay over new year's somehow got incorrectly counted as a redemption. But it seems rather coincidental because I did end the year at 77 nights (not counting my stay over new year's). Either way, it's a mess.

Originally Posted by brian22
they ended rollover last year
No kidding.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've been showing 2 nights in 2019 for several days. When I click "Nights Detail" they're in the "redeemed" category. While I do have 2 paid nights in 2019, that stay has (still) not posted, and my account shows zero activity for 2019. It's possible my paid stay over new year's somehow got incorrectly counted as a redemption. But it seems rather coincidental because I did end the year at 77 nights (not counting my stay over new year's). Either way, it's a mess.
Do you by chance have two award nights booked for later in the year? As of today, my account reflects five redeemed elite night credits - exactly the number of nights I have booked in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.