Elite Years Roll-Over

Old Jan 3, 19, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Bravada04 View Post
When should your years of Platinum Roll-Over in your account? I was the exact same number 3 months ago as I am today and have qualified for Plat for 2019.

Does it roll-over January 01 or February 28? I just want to make sure I stay on top of things
The different programs had different formulas. One when you earned the status and one the first of the year that you burned the status. I don't think anyone (including the Lurkers) know for sure so we may have to wait for a year or two of history to prove the theories. So my take is one of two dates, when you earn status for the rest of this year and the year after, or shortly thereafter, or sometime in January when they finalize the status earned last year.
Old Jan 3, 19, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JBord View Post
This all sounds right, but it made me wonder what happens when parents book two rooms, one for the children. I don't have kids so we've never done this, but can the parent get credit for 2 rooms? Or could he book one in the kid's name and account number as long as he's there at check in?

I only wonder about it because you can set up an account for a baby on an airline and they'll get miles/points if they're sitting in a seat. Perhaps hotels don't even let you have any account if under 18?
The best way to handle this is to book one room under your account and the second room under your spouse's account. That way you maximize the nights credited. You can leave the points separate if you want, or have all the points from one room moved to the other by asking the front desk to move all charges over, but expect some hiccups when nights don't post because there are no charges (some night auditors just don't get it at times).

As for the member must pay, there was a few posting where the property denied credit because the spouse paid for the room. I believe that was resolved in favor of the member and suspect if a parent paid for the room, it would get credited to the member as well (providing the child had an account).
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

That is exactly my question.........( I am lifetime gold right now )...but my Plat years are & have been showing 7 in 2018. I reached my 50 nights to attain Plat status again for 2019 - this happened in December.
Nothing has changed? Technically speaking it should show know that I have attained Plat status for 8 years?

It said years I have been Platinum Elite or higher 7. It still shows that after attaining Plat status again plus moving into 2019.
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fizzer View Post
OK. So when does it roll over because it didn't when I reached 50 nights in 2018, because like the OP I have the same question. I think the question the OP was asking was when does it occur, because it isn't when you hit 50 nights clearly. At least on my account and unfortunately I have little trust unless I keep on top of things closely, based upon experience in recent months.
Yes. Exactly. Mind did not move when I hit 50 in 2018....Mine was showing 7 throughout this whole process ( including August ) Nothing has changed.