Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Has anyone seen their 2019 status updated? Nobody seems to know when the 2018 status expires (1/31 vs 2/13 vs 2/28). Nowhere on the website or in the mobile app (with the exception of those Ambassadors) shows an expiration date.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by naumank
Has anyone seen their 2019 status updated? Nobody seems to know when the 2018 status expires (1/31 vs 2/13 vs 2/28). Nowhere on the website or in the mobile app (with the exception of those Ambassadors) shows an expiration date.
Well, if you are LTPPE, which this thread is about, then the status expiry is irrelevant. Plus, as LTPPE we won't be able to tell when this happens as our yearly status will always show Platinum Premier Elite (soon to be Titanium Elite).

From a Starwood perspective, it was always the end of February for the benefit year.

If you are asking with respect to yearly status because you are not LTPPE, then I would say this is probably not the appropriate thread.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Well, if you are LTPPE, which this thread is about, then the status expiry is irrelevant. Plus, as LTPPE we won't be able to tell when this happens as our yearly status will always show Platinum Premier Elite (soon to be Titanium Elite).

From a Starwood perspective, it was always the end of February for the benefit year.

If you are asking with respect to yearly status because you are not LTPPE, then I would say this is probably not the appropriate thread.
I was actually asking about annual status. I'm LTP. I was a few nights short of 75 last year so I wonder if there is a soft landing as they did before. I found another thread to ask the question.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was actually asking about annual status. I'm LTP. I was a few nights short of 75 last year so I wonder if there is a soft landing as they did before. I found another thread to ask the question.
Soft landing from/to what? If you're a few nights under 75, you would be Plat and not PP = Tit. LTP gives the same status: Plat.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Soft landing from/to what? If you're a few nights under 75, you would be Plat and not PP = Tit. LTP gives the same status: Plat.
Soft landing to PP. Happened before, right?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Have anyone received their 10th year based on their 2018 activity and been awarded LTPP? I have tried to get an answer from CSRs how and when 2018 tenure years would be awarded answers varies from from end Jan 2019 to end of Jan 2020. They do not know, a testament to exceptionally poor internal communication within MAR Corp.
I sent an email to the lurkers to see if they can communicate any ETA on when all the tenure years due to 2018 activity should be reflected in the related accounts. ...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc

Soft landing to PP. Happened before, right?
Generally, "soft landing" means falling only 1 tier down vs losing all status or falling multiple tiers. Hence the comment that a "soft landing" in your case (short of PP nights) would put you at Plat, same as your LT Plat. I think what you are asking about if whether Marriott will maintain you at PP if you're just a night or two short. I don't have enough background on that to provide you a definitive answer, but perhaps by rephrasing the question someone with more knowledge can address.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by bosman
Generally, "soft landing" means falling only 1 tier down vs losing all status or falling multiple tiers. Hence the comment that a "soft landing" in your case (short of PP nights) would put you at Plat, same as your LT Plat. I think what you are asking about if whether Marriott will maintain you at PP if you're just a night or two short. I don't have enough background on that to provide you a definitive answer, but perhaps by rephrasing the question someone with more knowledge can address.
My sense is nobody knows this year. In previous years, if someone had had legacy Marriott PL for several years, it was quite likely that Marriott would keep her PL status even if she was a few nights short. But with the new combined program, the one way to find out is when they finally update everybodys status. This is why I was asking if anyone has seen their status updated.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

My sense is nobody knows this year. In previous years, if someone had had legacy Marriott PL for several years, it was quite likely that Marriott would keep her PL status even if she was a few nights short. But with the new combined program, the one way to find out is when they finally update everybodys status. This is why I was asking if anyone has seen their status updated.
SPG apparently didn't make exceptions.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by X-ON
Have anyone received their 10th year based on their 2018 activity and been awarded LTPP? I have tried to get an answer from CSRs how and when 2018 tenure years would be awarded answers varies from from end Jan 2019 to end of Jan 2020. They do not know, a testament to exceptionally poor internal communication within MAR Corp.
I sent an email to the lurkers to see if they can communicate any ETA on when all the tenure years due to 2018 activity should be reflected in the related accounts. ...
Yes, 10 years and 1,110 nights. All Marriott. I was gold in 2008. Platinum or PP in 2009-2018. Awarded LTPP.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebackcourse
Anyone else noticed there's no lifetime titanium? So the equivalent of PPE is titanium...but there is no lifetime titanium tier in bonvoy. So it sure looks like all the fit throwing about the lifetime being ppe vs just slowly pe may have been for no reason. Just an observation. Without a lifetime titanium how will anyone be able to make the distinction?
Where are you seeing this? If it's a list of lifetime statuses that someone can earn, then it makes total sense, since no who hasn't earned Lifetime Titanium in 2018 or earlier (computed in early 2019) can ever earn it again. So why bother documenting (in a place visible to those who don't have that status yet) a lifetime status that can't be earned by anyone who doesn't have it already?

Didn't you notice that for the past several months there was no documentation on Marriott's website of how to earn LTPP either, and yet a bunch of us did just earn it?

If you haven't noticed, everything Marriott lately has been focused on only documenting the future, not longer documenting the present let alone the past. (Eg, post Aug 18 they no longer documented lifetime status earning qualifications pre-2019, you had to already know those or look them up on some third-party source -- such as FT -- by that point.)

So stop reading so much into Marriott's very selective documentation post-merger. Marriott's documentation department seems to be only slightly better than their IT department (which is such a low bar !).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Yes, 10 years and 1,110 nights. All Marriott. I was gold in 2008. Platinum or PP in 2009-2018. Awarded LTPP.
I think the question was more whether or not you entered into 2019 with nine years, and then were subsequently credited w/ a year for 2018 - thus pushing you over the threshold, and then being granted LTPP.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Got a reply from William so the message is that he forward the query to the loyalty team … so anybody who is expecting tenure years to be awarded … be aware whatever was promised in the past all bets are off... This must be a case study in poor communication ….
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Got a reply from William so the message is that he forward the query to the loyalty team so anybody who is expecting tenure years to be awarded be aware whatever was promised in the past all bets are off... This must be a case study in poor communication .
Typically case studies are part of a learning process. I'm presuming there is no learning, at least by Marriott, happening here.
X-ON likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:24 am
FT

I've had the same issue. My years haven't yet posted from 2018 activity. I did take advantage of last year's quirk get a 50+ year each on Marriott and Starwood before combining the accounts. But my years have yet to advance. I called in and asked "when" this would happen given we're now in Feb and historically both programs would have incremented by now.

I received a follow up email and in the back and forth was notified that:
Our tech team have not conducted the sweeps for Lifetime status yet. All members who earn Lifetime status will be notified via email when this process is completed. Please monitor your accounts for the month of February.

and

Our tech team has various sweeps to conduct in batches to rectify the issues with incorrect tenures, status, elite years and lifetime points. We apologize as this is taking longer than anticipated however we were informed that all true-up will be completed in the month of February.

So updates in batches rather than all in one to ensure accuracy, and the updated timing is month of Feb. Until it isn't and extends I suppose.

[edited for formatting]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.