Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by dt408sc02
Spoke with a guest experience supervisor from Marriott Senior Elite Services yesterday. She said the sweep was done on Monday, but some accounts will not see an increment in year counter until next Fri, Feb 8th. My app is currently showing 780 nights and 9 years, and the supervisor said I should see 10 years after next week, which qualifies me for LTPP.
So your LT status at the moment is Gold?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I am showing as LTPP on the website today.

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 2309
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 19
Years as Gold or Platinum: 18
Years as Platinum: 18
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Newman
Can someone tell me where in my account I can find my total lifetime # of nights, points and years?
Thanks.

Newman
Log in, go to Overview, scroll down to where it says "You are Lifetime <whichever status>" and click Details. A popup will show your lifetime nights, and lifetime years as Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

You cannot see lifetime points online anymore. And they don't matter any more. As of 2019, only lifetime nights and years are counted. Lifetime points would have last counted for Marriott legacy lifetime determinations through the end of 2018 being done in the current sweep (only for those who don't qualify based on nights and years, but might qualify solely on the Marriott side with night and points).
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Log in, go to Overview, scroll down to where it says "You are Lifetime <whichever status>" and click Details. A popup will show your lifetime nights, and lifetime years as Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

You cannot see lifetime points online anymore. And they don't matter any more. As of 2019, only lifetime nights and years are counted. Lifetime points would have last counted for Marriott legacy lifetime determinations through the end of 2018 being done in the current sweep (only for those who don't qualify based on nights and years, but might qualify solely on the Marriott side with night and points).
Thanks!

Newman
dd992emo likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
I logged in and my status has been GF'ed into lifetime PPE. I did look at the stats and they appear to be correctly combined from both accounts. 1142 nights @17 years platinum. (I was a SPG LTP with close to 900 nights and then the rest Marriott) so showing. Marriott phone app shows LTPPE with same number of nights and years.

One oddity though, I tried to pull the stats up again on my laptop but now instead of seeing the You are lifetime PPE banner, I see is this your phone number +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, Yes or no update. Click Yes and a phone country code is missing error pops up even though the +1 is correct and also shows correctly in my profile. Wonderful Marriott IT strikes again...
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by magendim
I logged in and my status has been GF'ed into lifetime PPE. I did look at the stats and they appear to be correctly combined from both accounts. 1142 nights @17 years platinum. (I was a SPG LTP with close to 900 nights and then the rest Marriott) so showing. Marriott phone app shows LTPPE with same number of nights and years.

One oddity though, I tried to pull the stats up again on my laptop but now instead of seeing the You are lifetime PPE banner, I see is this your phone number +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, Yes or no update. Click Yes and a phone country code is missing error pops up even though the +1 is correct and also shows correctly in my profile. Wonderful Marriott IT strikes again...
I've been having that phone number confirmation error for months. I've gotten to the point of ignoring the prompt. At least your PPE lifetime status is correct, as is the underlying phone number (despite the erroneous prompt).
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by X-ON
So your LT status at the moment is Gold?
Yes lifetime gold. 780 nights and 9 years
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
"Sweep" may be too strong a word...the picture below is not two screenshots merged together...it is a single screenshot of a page with the Overview popup on the right.

Another Marriott IT data point ;(

Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:27 pm

Anyone else noticed there's no lifetime titanium? So the equivalent of PPE is titanium...but there is no lifetime titanium tier in bonvoy. So it sure looks like all the fit throwing about the lifetime being ppe vs just slowly pe may have been for no reason. Just an observation. Without a lifetime titanium how will anyone be able to make the distinction?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thebackcourse
Anyone else noticed there's no lifetime titanium? So the equivalent of PPE is titanium...but there is no lifetime titanium tier in bonvoy. So it sure looks like all the fit throwing about the lifetime being ppe vs just slowly pe may have been for no reason. Just an observation. Without a lifetime titanium how will anyone be able to make the distinction?
I read about it in another thread but I don’t really understand it. Has Marriott announced that LTPP won’t become LTTi?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by naumank

I read about it in another thread but I don’t really understand it. Has Marriott announced that LTPP won’t become LTTi?
From what I have heard from agents who are getting the training on this right now there is no lifetime titanium tier. And ppe is the equivalent of titanium. Granted the only difference is 2.5 pts per $ spent and the guaranteed 48 hr availability...but there is a difference. Unless they apply those benes to the LTP tier.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by thebackcourse
More speculation about something that has not yet been implemented... But this makes sense for their first pass as there is no more earning LTPP, so those of us that have it will once again be orphaned by Marriott, IF what is out there not sticks. Marriott has built a reputation of not fully vetting program rules before they are leaked/released to the public and it takes them a while to catch up with the missing pieces.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:46 pm

Not speculation unless you see elsewhere there's a 4th lifetime tier. Seems like an odd thing to overlook when training the people who work specifically with elite guests.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:50 pm

That's not to say they can't go back on their current plans and add the 4th tier. But as of this moment there is no lifetime titanium. But we still have LTP so it's not a huge issue. Titanium is a crap metal when it comes to precious metals anyways. Should have been palladium not Ti. Lol
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Everyone

Please.

Originally Posted by Marriott
Platinum Premier Elite will be renamed Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite. All Elite benefits remain the same.
So for some who are saying/speculating/guessing that there won't be a "Lifetime Titanium Elite", how does one reconcile the above statement from Starriott/Marriott?

Also, the differences between status level X vs status level Y might be "minor" at this very juncture, but can change from year to year. So even if the differences may seem "minor" now, I'm not going to settle for a lifetime lower tier just because of this rationale. (I have nothing to worry about because I well over-qualified for the grandfathering).

And you're not going to see the Titanium branding officially until Bonvoy officially launches. So for now we'll simply see more LTPPE references instead of LTTE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.