Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Nothing here

769 nights/10 years plat, currently at LTP
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Can we let this thread go dormant until the sweep actually happens? How many people do we need to report that nothing’s changed?
TerryK, flightrisk, bosman and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Can we let this thread go dormant until the sweep actually happens? How many people do we need to report that nothing’s changed?
@margarita girl

I added a wiki to display the overall grandfathering sweep "STATE OF THE NATION".
Hopefully that will do the trick.

If the Lurkers wish to take the wiki over, then by all means.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
852/13 Nothing has changed for me
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:56 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by thepla
Hi
I'm in same situation with 812 nights and 13 years platinum.

Just out of curiosity I only see a higher bonus as difference, obviously if there is a fair way of upgrades a LTPP would be higher up but what else is different?
Maybe this is wrong thread as I was not even trying to add to number of people that are in same situation, it will happen.

Just was wondering if anyone knew answer to my question.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Maybe this is wrong thread as I was not even trying to add to number of people that are in same situation, it will happen.

Officially nothing else at this point. But with the rumours of a new Tier ("Titanium, Palladium, etc.) rolling out one may expect additional benefits. They may be rolled out in stages over time to keep novelty factor in play.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

It won't matter to you as a 1K, but Plat Premier (including lifetime) offers UA Silver status as long as that partnership lasts.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: LH: SEN, BA: Gold, Starwood: Plat
Still a good idea to combine SPG and Marriott accounts just now, as I'm waiting for the (SPG 11/502) LTP sweep?
Or better wait until the sweep is over? Every hint is welcome!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tintin100
Still a good idea to combine SPG and Marriott accounts just now, as I'm waiting for the (SPG 11/502) LTP sweep?
Or better wait until the sweep is over? Every hint is welcome!
Your guess is as bad as mine. Can obviously go either way. And to pay justice to the almost 200 posts and the title of this post: Nobody knows when or if a sweep is coming. I certainly wouldn’t count on it happening in January 2019.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt GP, UA 1K, WN RR
While we're all waiting for something to happen, curious if anyone has any insight, projections, or guesses on estimated total number of LTP and/or LTPP members in MR/SPG/RC/Bonvoy?

Tens of thousands? 100k+? 1m+? At the time of merger, they announced 75m total members (54 MR / 21 SPG) and there is some degree of overlap between the two.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kilroy44
While we're all waiting for something to happen, curious if anyone has any insight, projections, or guesses on estimated total number of LTP and/or LTPP members in MR/SPG/RC/Bonvoy?

Tens of thousands? 100k+? 1m+? At the time of merger, they announced 75m total members (54 MR / 21 SPG) and there is some degree of overlap between the two.
Recently I saw a claim of 120,000,000 total members, which would be more than major legacy airlines. [For instance, DL SkyMiles had about 80,000,000 members at any status level (including no status and presumably including dormant accounts) shortly after the merger with NW, and certainly hasn't grown by 50% in the few following years. At that time, there were supposedly 2,000,000 total elites of all levels, and the new top DM tier (new at that time) supposedly started with 40,000 people (and there are claims that the number of DMs has doubled in about eight or ten years) where the target was 2% of elites, which of course is very different from the old legacy MR rule of PPs being the top 2% of Plats.] So I don't believe that 120m could be correct, but if we take 75m (BTW, what about the RC loyalty program? Are those people included in the MR numbers?) and then reduce it to account for people who participated in both programs, we might get 40m to 60m unique individuals with accounts. Using the DL ratios (which reflect some loyalty science views about what fraction of members should be targeted for recognition as elites), we might get a range of 1m to 2m elites of all levels (including lifetime status), where most of these elites are in lower tiers. Two percent gets us to maybe 20,000-40,000 people, which would seem to be an enormous number to cover with Ambassadors, but might be a reasonable target for PP, although if we then say that PPwithAMB is 2% of PP, the number becomes much too small to be credible, although OTOH a large fraction of PPs would cluster just over the requirement with 75-80 nights per year. Of course, I realize that hotels and airlines are different, but the common claim that 20% of customers are responsible for 80% of profits is claimed to be a rough rule that holds over a very wide range of businesses.

Hyatt seems to have a much smaller number of My Hyatt Concierges, with many of them working part time. I have some sense of those numbers and in fact once estimated the total number of Hyatt Globs in the USA/NorthAmerica, but I don't know whether it's known how many participants there were/are in HGP/WOH.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Two percent gets us to maybe 20,000-40,000 people, which would seem to be an enormous number to cover with Ambassadors, but might be a reasonable target for PP, although if we then say that PPwithAMB is 2% of PP, the number becomes much too small to be credible, although OTOH a large fraction of PPs would cluster just over the requirement with 75-80 nights per year. Of course, I realize that hotels and airlines are different, but the common claim that 20% of customers are responsible for 80% of profits is claimed to be a rough rule that holds over a very wide range of businesses.
I have never asked but what is the ratio of People per Ambassador. I could see it being 500 to a 1K. Yes that is a very big number, but doable As I rarely call and ask for anything. Even then it is an email for a stay not posting etc. I have always thought it sounds a lot better then it is, they are not actively monitoring my account 90 % of my travel is booked through our corporate travel so their is no interaction with my ambassador and assume your typical road warrior is similar. All the nice things they can do sound nice but are for a vacation once a year, not work related.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by troyintn
I have never asked but what is the ratio of People per Ambassador. I could see it being 500 to a 1K. Yes that is a very big number, but doable As I rarely call and ask for anything. Even then it is an email for a stay not posting etc. I have always thought it sounds a lot better then it is, they are not actively monitoring my account 90 % of my travel is booked through our corporate travel so their is no interaction with my ambassador and assume your typical road warrior is similar. All the nice things they can do sound nice but are for a vacation once a year, not work related.
Someone here suggested that full time SPG Ambassadors used to have somewhat less than about 150 clients assigned, but the numbers have roughly doubled since the merger. I have no idea whether these numbers are even approximately accurate.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Someone here suggested that full time SPG Ambassadors used to have somewhat less than about 150 clients assigned, but the numbers have roughly doubled since the merger. I have no idea whether these numbers are even approximately accurate.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/18/...o-300-clients/
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
I am 760 nights / 10 years LTP as per my current profile. But if I go thru this link (from the insiders site). It show I am a LTPP.

https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...rriott-rewards.

Note: another user who confirmed he will not be a LTPP also shows up as LTPP so may be a fluke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.