Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jeanie
Yes, I have a screenshot from July, 2018, showing Marriott LTP status with over 750 nights and over 2 million MR points. After combining accounts, it is over 800 nights, now. I don't have 10 years of platinum. I have been in MR for over 20 years, so those nights and points have been accumulating for a while now.

After speaking to phone agents without any result, I sent some emails. It took over 2 months to get a response from the email. Even though I clearly wrote it was an issue with Lifetime Status, the reply was about yearly status. It was one of those things where the responses were canned, and didn't really have relevance to what I was asking.

William, the Starwood Lurker, got back with me quickly. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but at least he seemed to understand what I was saying and I believe he told me what he knew about the situation. I was told that I had to wait until the January sweep, and that Marriott wouldn't consider the issue until then. So now it is January. I glance over this forum every now and then to see if there is a new thread on the sweep being completed. I don't always get the emails from Marriott.

Hopefully, this sweep will be successful, and the issue will be resolved.
I also am hopeful and am apprehensive with all the IT issues and now another system change.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Here's my story:
I have been a member since 1989, have over 1000 lifetime nights and have more than 15 years mixed as Plat, with remaining years as a Gold (still have all of my old Courtyard Club/MR) cards. During the 80' & 90's I opted for the miles option instead of points (stupid choice on my part I know). So I had nights and years as Plat checked off, I just didn't have enough nights for legacy LTP but was told after the combining that their would be no problem making LTPP.

Last summer I combined my MR & Starwood accounts and received a message "due to a conflict with another MR account we are issuing you a new account number", so now I have a new MR number, different than my original 1989 MR issued legacy number but since all we could see at that point was just overall nights (but not years) I didn't think anything of it.

Last week I called in reference to LTPP and what was showing up in my profile, 1,021 lifetime nights but only two years as an elite (gold in 2017 and plat in 2018). After looking into my file they could not see any history of the legacy number ever being attached to me, in fact, they couldn't even find the old account number. The CS agent said that after researching it, checking past addresses, and not finding the account, they would escalate a case to an audit/accounting person to research. They gave me a case number and told me to call back in in a week to inquire about the progress on the research into my missing legacy account.

I called back yesterday and the CS agent that answered said that after looking up the case# it had been closed with no resolution. At this point I asked for a supervisor and was transferred. I explained the situation to supervisor and in looking said that he could see the lifetime nights (obviously) but that he couldn't find any trace of my legacy number. After being put on hold for longish periods of time, he finally said that there was one system alone, that he could see that the number was archived in. He couldn't see the past 30 years of history, (I offered to send him scans of all of my old cards, thank god I kept those) but only that number was archived. He mentioned that he had ever seen anything like this and at this point its a mystery to them as to what happened, he reopened the case and I'm now waiting for an answer.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ontherun
Here's my story:
I have been a member since 1989, have over 1000 lifetime nights and have more than 15 years mixed as Plat, with remaining years as a Gold (still have all of my old Courtyard Club/MR) cards. During the 80' & 90's I opted for the miles option instead of points (stupid choice on my part I know). So I had nights and years as Plat checked off, I just didn't have enough nights for legacy LTP but was told after the combining that their would be no problem making LTPP.

Last summer I combined my MR & Starwood accounts and received a message "due to a conflict with another MR account we are issuing you a new account number", so now I have a new MR number, different than my original 1989 MR issued legacy number but since all we could see at that point was just overall nights (but not years) I didn't think anything of it.

Last week I called in reference to LTPP and what was showing up in my profile, 1,021 lifetime nights but only two years as an elite (gold in 2017 and plat in 2018). After looking into my file they could not see any history of the legacy number ever being attached to me, in fact, they couldn't even find the old account number. The CS agent said that after researching it, checking past addresses, and not finding the account, they would escalate a case to an audit/accounting person to research. They gave me a case number and told me to call back in in a week to inquire about the progress on the research into my missing legacy account.

I called back yesterday and the CS agent that answered said that after looking up the case# it had been closed with no resolution. At this point I asked for a supervisor and was transferred. I explained the situation to supervisor and in looking said that he could see the lifetime nights (obviously) but that he couldn't find any trace of my legacy number. After being put on hold for longish periods of time, he finally said that there was one system alone, that he could see that the number was archived in. He couldn't see the past 30 years of history, (I offered to send him scans of all of my old cards, thank god I kept those) but only that number was archived. He mentioned that he had ever seen anything like this and at this point its a mystery to them as to what happened, he reopened the case and I'm now waiting for an answer.
That sucks. If it had been SPG one might be able to piece it together from the stolen reservation database ;-)
margarita girl and rny321 like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz PC
Another data point: my app is showing 780 nights, 9 years, and 2.9MM points. I merged accounts last month, with majority of nights and points coming from SPG.

Marriott customer service manager told me last month I would qualify for LTPP with either 2MM points or the 10 years requirement, but my app still shows lifetime gold. Hoping they didn’t give me the wrong info.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dt408sc02
Another data point: my app is showing 780 nights, 9 years, and 2.9MM points. I merged accounts last month, with majority of nights and points coming from SPG.

Marriott customer service manager told me last month I would qualify for LTPP with either 2MM points or the 10 years requirement, but my app still shows lifetime gold. Hoping they didn’t give me the wrong info.
Qualification with >750 nights and >2M points is a legacy status only available via the sweep so don't expect any status changes until after that is processed.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA

Starwood points have zero relations with qualifying for lifetime.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

Lurkers have repeatedly told us that SPG doesn’t track points and cannot be used for LT qualification. I’m sorry you missed that as it looks like you will be one year short.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Starwood points have zero relations with qualifying for lifetime.
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Lurkers have repeatedly told us that SPG doesn’t track points and cannot be used for LT qualification. I’m sorry you missed that as it looks like you will be one year short.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Qualification with >750 nights and >2M points is a legacy status only available via the sweep so don't expect any status changes until after that is processed.

I read that on the forums as well, but I had 2 Marriott customer service managers tell me differently. One told me that I would qualify for LTPP since after merging, the points would all become Marriott points and thus satisfy the 2MM requirement, and that 2018 was not yet included in my 9 years of Platinum status, which would get bumped up to 10 years once 2019 arrived (however, my app still shows 9). Thus, I would qualify under either 2MM points or 10 years Platinum. A second customer service manager also left me a voicemail confirming I would qualify for LTPP and that I should receive a notice around mid/late-Jan.

This was after 3-4 hours of phone calls with 4 different customer service managers (the first two told me very different things, including that my platinum years would not merge after combining accounts). I understand that this is different from what was reported by lurkers.

Crossing my fingers and hoping the last 2 managers were right about my LTPP eligibility. If not, maybe I can dispute using the voicemail?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I read that on the forums as well, but I had 2 Marriott customer service managers tell me differently. One told me that I would qualify for LTPP since after merging, the points would all become Marriott points and thus satisfy the 2MM requirement, and that 2018 was not yet included in my 9 years of Platinum status, which would get bumped up to 10 years once 2019 arrived (however, my app still shows 9). Thus, I would qualify under either 2MM points or 10 years Platinum. A second customer service manager also left me a voicemail confirming I would qualify for LTPP and that I should receive a notice around mid/late-Jan.

This was after 3-4 hours of phone calls with 4 different customer service managers (the first two told me very different things, including that my platinum years would not merge after combining accounts). I understand that this is different from what was reported by lurkers.

Crossing my fingers and hoping the last 2 managers were right about my LTPP eligibility. If not, maybe I can dispute using the voicemail?
Well good luck. I hope it all works out!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM

Where on the app are you seeing 2.9m lifetime points? I thought Marriott stopped displaying those balances back in September. Or is 2.9m just your current balance?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Pardon my ignorance, but I've had LTPP since August due to LTP with Marriott and LTG with Starwood. I've noticed no difference at all with recognition from just standard pre-merger platinum. Is there something amazing I'm missing out on?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
duplicate
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by bpauker
Pardon my ignorance, but I've had LTPP since August due to LTP with Marriott and LTG with Starwood. I've noticed no difference at all with recognition from just standard pre-merger platinum. Is there something amazing I'm missing out on?
No. This thread is about those who will obtain LTPP when the account totals from Marriott and Starwood are combined (the "sweep").

If you have LTPP from Marriott LTP (as you do), then this thread is not relevant.

It seems most properties don't really distinguish between Plat and Plat Premier
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
I read that on the forums as well, but I had 2 Marriott customer service managers tell me differently.
In my limited time on FlyerTalk, I can't remember a single time that Starwood Lurker William gave a wrong answer about the combined program. On the other hand, I can recall numerous times that posters have reported being given clearly wrong answers from MPG supervisors. William was quite clear that SPG points do not count towards the legacy MR qualification. While I understand that we should believe company reps when they answer questions about the company they work for, I would never bet against the Starwood Lurker if he gives a different answer.

Although I have over 2MM MR points, I will only qualify for LTPP if SPG nights count. As I said elsewhere, I will post my LT status when it is officially recognized.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Apologies for my ignorance - will this sweep establish Lifetime Premiere Platinum or is it a narrow thing based on the old point accumulations?

I'm showing as Lifetime "regular" Plat although my lifetime status board looks like this which was an accumulation before Dec 31 (haven't had a stay this month so far):

Nights: 943

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 26

Years as Gold or Platinum: 16

Years as Platinum: 15

As I understand things they were going to award Lifetime Premiere Platinum if you had over 750/10 which I'm over. So I'm not sure if I should be trying to contact them or wait for this "sweep".
(hoping its the sweep - I hear wait times to get through to customer service are horrible)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.