Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I will just be glad when we can put all this behind us and focus on the next problem that we come up with.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by penlin
I will just be glad when we can put all this behind us and focus on the next problem that we come up with.
Frankly, this is really low on my list of priorities. I don’t understand all the people fretting because they didn’t get their LTPP first week of Jan. I have a lot of beefs about Marriott but this ain’t one of them!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Frankly, this is really low on my list of priorities. I don’t understand all the people fretting because they didn’t get their LTPP first week of Jan. I have a lot of beefs about Marriott but this ain’t one of them!
Realistically, I think it depends on whether the person has qualified for PP. If so, getting LTPP now or later doesn't matter, but it could matter a lot for someone who satisfied one of the requirements for LTPP but is currently Plat or lower.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Realistically, I think it depends on whether the person has qualified for PP. If so, getting LTPP now or later doesn't matter, but it could matter a lot for someone who satisfied one of the requirements for LTPP but is currently Plat or lower.
Must be a lot of people affected judging by the amount of fretting and hand wringing going on.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Must be a lot of people affected judging by the amount of fretting and hand wringing going on.
Some/most of that is people who are concerned about whether they'll get LTPP or not. Perhaps they don't fall into one of the clear exception cases or they think that there might be an error in their count for years of Plat status.
rny321 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
.0001%
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
.0001%
Yes, but we’re masters of the art of hand-wringing and fretting. PhD material.
margarita girl, penlin and rny321 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some/most of that is people who are concerned about whether they'll get LTPP or not. Perhaps they don't fall into one of the clear exception cases or they think that there might be an error in their count for years of Plat status.
If I trust a company to eventually fix things, I don't worry about when an expected resolution occurs. If I believe that due to either incompetence or malfeasance that something that was promised won't happen unless I follow up, I tend to expend more effort monitoring and prodding until the issue is resolved. If everyone was comfortable that MPG would adjust their lifetime status to the correct level on the first attempt, there would be less concern about when the update occurs.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I think it also matters to those of us who have already had stays this year, and while there aren't a great many difference between PPE and PE , its always nice to be recognized and rewarded at the correct level.
emikelaw likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by penlin
I think it also matters to those of us who have already had stays this year, and while there aren't a great many difference between PPE and PE , its always nice to be recognized and rewarded at the correct level.
This is an annual event with just about all the programs. They delay the processing until they believe they have all of the previous years activity posted and then update the accounts. This year, Marriott has a tougher job in that legacy rules are in the mix too. This is also why they don't downgrade until a month or two into the next year. Their out is that the T&Cs will state something to the effect the new status will not go into effect until stays are posted. This also burns those that have back-to-back stays and they cross to a new tier between stays, but they still have to wait until the previous stay posts. If you find a trained FDC, they can look at your account and see that you have indeed crossed over and will offer at least the new on-site benefits, but those are getting rare these days.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I'm in the gang of "exceptions" since I met the legacy requirements (750+2M) a month or so after the intiial sweep (thanks rewarding events).

I'd just like to know when/if I need to call to get it fixed, if it's broke. Getting the info that the "Sweep" has occurred is sort of the whole point of FT. Sure I could just wait a month or two, but that's not who we are
penlin and Travelosopher like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by orca15
I'm in the gang of "exceptions" since I met the legacy requirements (750+2M) a month or so after the intiial sweep (thanks rewarding events).

I'd just like to know when/if I need to call to get it fixed, if it's broke. Getting the info that the "Sweep" has occurred is sort of the whole point of FT. Sure I could just wait a month or two, but that's not who we are
But there has not been an "intiial sweep". If you made MR LTP before they merged the programs, then you should have LTPP status in MPG now. If you didn't make the cut until after 8/18, then you need to wait for them to run the sweep to apply legacy rules to get your new status. The current system has no logic to determine legacy rules.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!

Because the likelihood that they are going to go back and give me the 25% difference in bonus points is slim to none meaning I've left points on the table now since August that should be mine.

Because I don't get the 48 hour guarantee and frequently need to book that close in.

Because I travel with others who got their LTPP back in August (because their 10 years/750 nights were all on the Marriott side) and they get more effusive recognition and better rooms when we all check in together.

Because "shut up and wait" shouldn't be an acceptable option for any business to push on customers with this kind of loyalty.

Because Marriott cannot even manage to give a cohesive answer on how they plan to address it which leaves open the possibility that they never will.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by techgirl

Because Marriott cannot even manage to give a cohesive answer on how they plan to address it which leaves open the possibility that they never will.
This is the one that worries me the most.. drag it out.. till people just give up...
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:02 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by techgirl
Because the likelihood that they are going to go back and give me the 25% difference in bonus points is slim to none meaning I've left points on the table now since August that should be mine.

Because I don't get the 48 hour guarantee and frequently need to book that close in.

Because I travel with others who got their LTPP back in August (because their 10 years/750 nights were all on the Marriott side) and they get more effusive recognition and better rooms when we all check in together.

Because "shut up and wait" shouldn't be an acceptable option for any business to push on customers with this kind of loyalty.

Some wise Chinese people taught me: A person's body language is the most honest.
Because you are physically still spending and staying in Marriott and have not abandoned the brand, this sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier status isn't a high priority.

Now if 50% of the time I stay in Marriott this month I have the luck of experiencing "pee-in-bed" or "blood-in-bed" (the experience of another unfortunate flyertalker) and this is a regular occurrence to all members, I can bet fully that would be a top Marriott priority and it will be all hands on deck type of fix because people actually won't stay in those hotels that provide these "extras".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.