Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold

I have read several post stating it will happen in Jan 2019, but does somebody know if it will be beginning, mid or end of Jan 2019?
I have a stay coming up in the beginning of Jan 2019 and so was curious if anybody had any concrete information on the same.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
If anyone knows, my guess is that they would be risking their job to post it on a public forum.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
The range of speculation - and to my knowledge it's nothing more than just that - ranges from 1 January to sometime well after January.

I had contemplated starting a separate thread on a related topic, but I think this thread will do just fine. Namely, I was going to suggest that tonight might be an excellent time for screen shots of account particulars. With the current state of Marriott IT, it's probably all the more advisable this year than those past...
manually likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Given the general Starriott IT mess, I'd set my expectations for late February.

OTOH, if I had missing nights credit or apparently incorrect status year counts that could matter, I'd be very worried.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In my view it doesn't seem likely that this is a big priority just now - but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I expect everything in March. New program name, new status tiers, presumably changes to some terms and conditions, and new award-redemption categories and dynamic pricing since you can book at the current award-redemption chart categories until March.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Let's hope the sweep for LTPP happens after the tenor years been updated for 2018 activity. But with the Mickey Mouse IT everything is possible ...
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:15 pm

Interestingly, my night count on the website has already reset to zero (not yet on app). Anyone else?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Interestingly, my night count on the website has already reset to zero (not yet on app). Anyone else?
You're right. My MR account has gone down to zero nights and it's not midnight yet in Starriot HQ time zone or my time zone.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:21 pm

You're right. My MR account has gone down to zero nights and it's not midnight yet in Starriot HQ time zone or my time zone.
It's obviously interesting from the perspective that many will be having a night to be credited to 2018 tonight.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:23 pm

...and the night will be lost in cyberspace and credited for the year 0000......while people freak out that they cannot see their nights count for status earned in 2018.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Along these notes, with a slight twist.

I was in a property this week at the bar. Like me, this gentleman will be LTPP whenever they get around to it. This person suggested, and was VERY eager, for a class action lawsuit. He felt Starriott could easily have given this status at the onset of the combined program and it was avoided to prevent giving the extra points.

I found it entertaining, but it had me thinking. I may have ended up with an extra 18-20k points since August.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Along these notes, with a slight twist.

I was in a property this week at the bar. Like me, this gentleman will be LTPP whenever they get around to it. This person suggested, and was VERY eager, for a class action lawsuit. He felt Starriott could easily have given this status at the onset of the combined program and it was avoided to prevent giving the extra points.

I found it entertaining, but it had me thinking. I may have ended up with an extra 18-20k points since August.
Marriott can defeat the lawsuit by presenting their technical ineptitude.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Given that the recommended time to wait for normal posting of overseas properties is 10-14 days, and then time to research missing posts from overseas stays, I don't think it makes sense to even try/expect this to happen, with everything working correctly, until the end of January.

And everything is obviously not working correctly.

Originally Posted by etsmyers
This person suggested, and was VERY eager, for a class action lawsuit. He felt Starriott could easily have given this status at the onset of the combined program and it was avoided to prevent giving the extra points.
So he's going to sue because MR could have done something but didn't? Well, they could have exchanged Starwood points for Marriott points at 4:1 too. Just as easy as 3:1. But they decided not to in order to avoid giving extra points. Maybe he should sue them for that too. They could lower points requirements rather than raising the every year. But they don't want to. Sue? Maybe sue them for everything he can think of that would be beneficial but they didn't do.

Some people are just stupid.
sam2k2002 likes this.

Last edited by CPRich; Jan 1, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
february this year????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.