Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by Mister Nice

Now I am totally confused - I thought that SPG nights and MR nights were totally separate for legacy qualification . Maybe I am misreading your post . If all nights count , wouldn’t someone with 500 combined nights and 10 years combined Platinum qualify under legacy SPG for LTP ? I don’t think that is the case .

Since the topic is about LTPP, I was only mentioning the legacy options for qualifying for that status level. Because I qualified a while ago for what is now LTP (500 nights and 1.6MM points), I am less familiar with the qualifying options for levels other than LTPP. Still, it is my understanding that combined activity only counts for the new levels (600 nights and 10 years for LTP) and the legacy options for reaching LTPP (750 nights and either 10 years of Platinum or 2MM MR points). I am using legacy program in reference to both the original criteria and the modifications as that is how the Loyalty program described them.

Last edited by rny321; Jan 1, 2019 at 12:42 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
So since the speculation has been all over the field,

I took my own advice. I emailed the same executive that I did over the weekend about my missing SNA. He again replied within an hour and let me know that there would be a news announcement at the end of THIS WEEK about the LTPP sweeps.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
The range of speculation - and to my knowledge it's nothing more than just that - ranges from 1 January to sometime well after January.

I had contemplated starting a separate thread on a related topic, but I think this thread will do just fine. Namely, I was going to suggest that tonight might be an excellent time for screen shots of account particulars. With the current state of Marriott IT, it's probably all the more advisable this year than those past...
So I went to do the screen shot and got this

General Error

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Still waiting for my LTPP status to update based on legacy requirements.

Alao noticed that my choice benefit option. at 75 nights has dissapeared this morning.

You would think that they finally came up with a nailed on process after all the previous issues!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by navatwal
[left]Still waiting for my LTPP status to update based on legacy requirements.
If you thought that a year-end process would take place while some folks may still not have checked out for 2018 qualifying stays, I think your expectation is unreasonable.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:03 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I agree that it makes a lot of sense for Marriott to wait a couple of weeks before doing the sweep, but my account changed from LTP to LTPP some time between yesterday and today. Perhaps they are doing multiple sweeps? The App still shows LTP.
I have noticed that the mobile app platform counts are not aligned with the website platform. I've seen delays of 3-4 hours for what it is worth... It makes no sense but it seems to be what is happening.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I'm seeing LTPP in the side menu when I went to the choice benefit website. When I go back to the normal site, it still says LTP

LT status
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by etsmyers

I took my own advice. I emailed the same executive that I did over the weekend about my missing SNA. He again replied within an hour and let me know that there would be a news announcement at the end of THIS WEEK about the LTPP sweeps.
.....and that announcement will just say that everything is fine and stable.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chongl
I'm seeing LTPP in the side menu when I went to the choice benefit website. When I go back to the normal site, it still says LTP
LT status
I believe this is an Marriott IT bug *shocker*. I'm seeing this also and don't think I made LTPP. Note that it reads "Platinum Premier Lifetime Status" instead of "Lifetime Platinum Premier Status". There is speculation in the Choice Benefit thread that it is showing this for all PP that also hold LT status.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:42 am

Gives a whole new meaning to Sweeps Week I surmise that it is a fairly significant task that may require several sweeps -they need to take care of adjusting the LTPP , adjusting for those that qualified for other levels under legacy rules , sweep for Ambassador qualifying guests (some 2018 spend may not have hit accounts yet) and then deal with (if there are any granted) exceptions .
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I still don't have my final Platinum year towards lifetime status accrued with Marriott in 2018. I combined accounts, but all 79 nights I had on my Marriott account were with their legacy properties.

Any idea on when those will be credited?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I don't have any inside information, however my guess would be at the earliest end of Jan. Then again they might run it in batches so who knows
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:13 am

it’s the end of the week - so we will see if there is any announcement today . Congrats on having an executive contact who responds .
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Mister Nice

it’s the end of the week - so we will see if there is any announcement today .
Unless I missed something, the week has come and gone without so much as a peep.
margarita girl and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:54 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Unless I missed something, the week has come and gone without so much as a peep.
As usual, the supposedly reliable source from a newer FTer turns out to be less than reliable. Who could’ve guessed?

It will be announced when it gets announced. I think everyone assumes it likely will happen sometime in January.

Otherwise, we all simply have to try to not behave like impatient children on a long car ride constantly asking our parents, “Are we there yet?”
CCIE_Flyer and rny321 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.