Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Premier Plat, UA Plat
I guess I'm the problem child

I didn't get caught in the sweep (Still LTPE in both app and site). The problem appears to be the years platinum which still shows only 9. Ironically my current status shows as PPE even though I didn't qualify for that last year.

Have they put out a phone number to call?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: SPG Plat
does anyone know if linked years count towards the Plat year count?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Both website and App show LTPPE - 1051 nights 14 years plat.

Next up - Lifetime Diamond on Hilton - aways to go as only 800 odd nights, 9 years Diamond. Probably take another couple of years with my current stay profile.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rooivalk
does anyone know if linked years count towards the Plat year count?
If you are asking what I think you are then the answer is yes. Prior to Aug 2018 I only had 8 years as Plat with SPG and had not stayed in a Marriott hardly at all. When the two accounts were combined I had 1051 nights and 14 years as a Plat (last time I was Plat on Marriott would have been early 2000's)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
All set here, funnily enough my counts look pretty clean, other than a small mistake.1250 BIB nights plus a bunch of CC ones, per my approx calculation, and 16 years of Plat of which 14 are real, two are matched Marriott Plat from the last two years, which I assume were not intended to count towards this. All in all no skin off my nose, i was in with plenty to spare.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
All set here, funnily enough my counts look pretty clean, other than a small mistake.1250 BIB nights plus a bunch of CC ones, per my approx calculation, and 16 years of Plat of which 14 are real, two are matched Marriott Plat from the last two years, which I assume were not intended to count towards this. All in all no skin off my nose, i was in with plenty to spare.
Same here. After combining in December, my Plat Year total looked overstated but it would not have mattered even if none of my MR totals were included. I just don't remember being MR Plat for six years! (Was SPG Plat for 15 years).
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Not clear if linked years count, but years earned via the RewardsPlus partnership seem to
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:32 pm

Saw LTPP updated on my account. Stats indicate as of 12/31/18:
  • Exactly 750 nights - Mostly SPG.
  • 14 yrs plat
  • Don't know the number of Marriott points this would translate to, but unquestionably more than 2M
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:44 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by El Boocho
A lot of folks here who like to live on the edge.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by El Boocho
  • 14 yrs plat
  • Don't know the number of Marriott points this would translate to, but unquestionably more than 2M
SPG didn't track LT points so was not in the equation.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Same here. After combining in December, my Plat Year total looked overstated but it would not have mattered even if none of my MR totals were included. I just don't remember being MR Plat for six years! (Was SPG Plat for 15 years).
Your years as MR Gold pre-merger also counted as Golds became Plat post-merger.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I'm in, LTPPE, both app and website

1362 Nights
21 years.

It's a combo of tons of MR stays pre SPG and SPG Platinum since it's inception in 1999.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by california09
I didn't get caught in the sweep (Still LTPE in both app and site). The problem appears to be the years platinum which still shows only 9. Ironically my current status shows as PPE even though I didn't qualify for that last year.

Have they put out a phone number to call?
This is what I have been wondering as well. Why did they sweep LTPP before they incremented the year from 2018 qualification? Now people who achieved 10 years (including last year) and 750+ nights are left behind. I suppose they will need to run a script to increment the LT year counter and then run another sweep for LTPP?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by naumank

This is what I have been wondering as well. Why did they sweep LTPP before they incremented the year from 2018 qualification? Now people who achieved 10 years (including last year) and 750+ nights are left behind. I suppose they will need to run a script to increment the LT year counter and then run another sweep for LTPP?
MAR IT Logic.... Anyway maybe its a batch script which are executed at a given frequency Fingers crossed Interesting that 25 Stays PLT years got updated before the LTPP sweep but not 50+ nights PLT years should have done 25 stays instead MAR is certainly running a tight ship and no communication whatsoever .
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I am sort of in disbelief about the lack of communication

Marriott made such a big deal, you will be notified sometime in Jan, and then they update the status and dont tell anybody anything? No congratulations thanks for being a customer? Silence. Strange. Hopefully I will get my very fancy Bonvoy Luggage tags (sure)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.