Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're right. My MR account has gone down to zero nights and it's not midnight yet in Starriot HQ time zone or my time zone.
Zero for me, too.

No rollover sucks. I would have rolled over 217 nights.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:01 am

I agree that it makes a lot of sense for Marriott to wait a couple of weeks before doing the sweep, but my account changed from LTP to LTPP some time between yesterday and today. Perhaps they are doing multiple sweeps? The App still shows LTP.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I agree that it makes a lot of sense for Marriott to wait a couple of weeks before doing the sweep, but my account changed from LTP to LTPP some time between yesterday and today. Perhaps they are doing multiple sweeps? The App still shows LTP.
Let's not go getting everyone excited here. As I replied in your other post elsewhere, it looks like you earned LTPP based upon MPG rules (10 years and 750 nights). The sweep is for those of us that are trying for status based upon legacy rules. I just checked my account and it has not happened there yet and not expected until they have had time to harvest all the December activity from the late posters. I am sure FT will light up with posts once that starts to happen. Hopefully it will sweep all accounts in the same run and not be split up into groups like some of the fixes following the merger.
damon88, margarita girl and Keyser like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I'm kind of zeroed. My total nights is zero, but my nights to Plat Premier hasn't changed.

I just noticed is that my Years Plat is the sum of years that I earned SPG Plat plus years that I've been Plat through SPG LT status where I no longer earned it plus years that I was MR Plat through a Plat challenge. Since only the first of these Years Plat will count toward LTPP, what are the chances that Marriott IT can rise to the occasion?

Sometimes being an obsessive record keeper comes in handy.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by EricH
I'm kind of zeroed. My total nights is zero, but my nights to Plat Premier hasn't changed.

I just noticed is that my Years Plat is the sum of years that I earned SPG Plat plus years that I've been Plat through SPG LT status where I no longer earned it plus years that I was MR Plat through a Plat challenge. Since only the first of these Years Plat will count toward LTPP, what are the chances that Marriott IT can rise to the occasion?

Sometimes being an obsessive record keeper comes in handy.
Why do you think that only the first of your years plat will count toward LTPP?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Let's not go getting everyone excited here. As I replied in your other post elsewhere, it looks like you earned LTPP based upon MPG rules (10 years and 750 nights). The sweep is for those of us that are trying for status based upon legacy rules. I just checked my account and it has not happened there yet and not expected until they have had time to harvest all the December activity from the late posters. I am sure FT will light up with posts once that starts to happen. Hopefully it will sweep all accounts in the same run and not be split up into groups like some of the fixes following the merger.
This is confusing. The legacy rule was 750 lifetime nights and 2,000,000 lifetime points, all on the MR side.

SPG never had a lifetime status level at 750 nights, only LTP (which is still LTP in the new combined program) at 500 nights and 10 years Plat, of course all at SPG for legacy qualification.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
This is confusing. The legacy rule was 750 lifetime nights and 2,000,000 lifetime points, all on the MR side.

SPG never had a lifetime status level at 750 nights, only LTP (which is still LTP in the new combined program) at 500 nights and 10 years Plat, of course all at SPG for legacy qualification.
Lots of data missing. Guesses are she just tripped over the MPG qualifications last night and the account was updated. Not as a result of meeting any legacy rules but MPG rules. Just like those of us that meet legacy rules some time ago still have to wait to the sweep whereas those that meet the MPG rules get status right away. Maybe it shouldn't have happened, but heaven only knows what sequence MPG is running their processes.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.

Although the 2MM points need to come from the Marriott side, it is not definite that nights from the SPG side don't count. Since we should know the answer fairly soon and the qualifying period is over, there is no point in debating whether William's answer that combined nights count for the legacy MR criteria or only MR nights count as some bloggers have asserted. Since I will only qualify for LTPP if SPG nights are included, I will post my lifetime status after the initial sweep.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by rny321
Although the 2MM points need to come from the Marriott side, it is not definite that nights from the SPG side don't count. Since we should know the answer fairly soon and the qualifying period is over, there is no point in debating whether William's answer that combined nights count for the legacy MR criteria or only MR nights count as some bloggers have asserted. Since I will only qualify for LTPP if SPG nights are included, I will post my lifetime status after the initial sweep.
Now I am totally confused - I thought that SPG nights and MR nights were totally separate for legacy qualification . Maybe I am misreading your post . If all nights count , wouldn’t someone with 500 combined nights and 10 years combined Platinum qualify under legacy SPG for LTP ? I don’t think that is the case .
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mister Nice

Now I am totally confused - I thought that SPG nights and MR nights were totally separate for legacy qualification . Maybe I am misreading your post . If all nights count , wouldn’t someone with 500 combined nights and 10 years combined Platinum qualify under legacy SPG for LTP ? I don’t think that is the case .
Yes, there are rules for legacy status that only considers legacy stays and there are rules that use combined. This can get ugly real fast with all the possible corner cases. I suggest reading the related threads and see what's left unanswered.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Just looked at my account and the nights are reset. I am now lifetime platinum elite!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To me, legacy LTPP means getting LTPP according to the original criterion, namely from MR LTP, which required 2,000,000 lifetime points and 750 MR only lifetime nights. I don't consider any of the various variations on the qualifying requirements that were added (or not) later to be legacy.

For LTP in the new combined program, legacy would mean either 1,600,000 lifetime points IIRC and 500 lifetime MR only nights or 10 SPG Plat years and 500 SPG only nights. Nonlegacy LTP in the new combined program requires 600 combined lifetime nights and 10 combined years of Plat status (which seems to include MR Gold years, with some questions about elite status due to credit cards, airline status, or comped/challenge offers).
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I had 60 nights for 2018. Although my Activity tab has reset to 0 nights, my Overview tab still says 15 NIGHTS TO PLATINUM PREMIER.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I keep getting an error

It did show year to date nights zero, but when I switch tabs, now error everywhere
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
Just looked at my account and the nights are reset. I am now lifetime platinum elite!
Does that mean you qualified based on combined MR and SPG nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.