Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Hmm I had 75+ nights at SPG legacy properties post 18 Aug (only 3 nights before 18 Aug) no uptick on my year counter .... I guess they are doing this in batches ...btw i did not have 25 stays so I would qualify on nights ...

Last edited by X-ON; Jan 21, 2019 at 7:09 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by christianj
Saw this on my account too so I am somewhat optimistic that this might work out right in the end. They posted 2018 as my 10th year of Platinum and my status upgraded to Lifetime Platinum even thought it should be Lifetime Platinum Premier. An going to hold my breath that the "Premier" will kick in when they manually look at the total number of nights across both programs which is over 800. Then it's just one more manual step to Lifetime Titanium Elite.
Crap. My lifetime platinum didn't show up as expected
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
I do not get it at all. Why is this like the end of the world to someone? The update will be anyway until end of the February and the current status valid at least until then. I could not care less about when my LT TE status will be shown in the profile. Current PP yearly status(TE from February) valid until 1st of March.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Jaenks
I do not get it at all. Why is this like the end of the world to someone? The update will be anyway until end of the February and the current status valid at least until then. I could not care less about when my LT TE status will be shown in the profile. Current PP yearly status(TE from February) valid until 1st of March.
Guess you trust them more than the rest of us! In all honesty, the fact that a lot of this is being done manually since they didn't have the systems in place personally has me holding my breath and not being as trusting as I usually am. When you talk to CS about basic issues and they have no clue what they are talking about then it doesn't exactly bring out the optimist in me about this all going over without any further glitches.
bgriff, penlin and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:40 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by bpauker

Srsly. I can’t remember the last time I laid eyes on my card. If Marriott sends me new ones, they go in the trash. What would you do with a new card exactly?
The SPG lifetime metal card is my bookshelf and has sentimental value of the road travelled.

The annual make your own SPG card has the 1-800 number of the Platinum Concerge of North America and some oversea ones. I customized it so I have the Japan and Hong Kong line (most frequently places) . I also have two of my flight most frequent flyer number that I use.

The card use to be in my wallet and I use the hotel phone to dial and call for reservations and modifications It's just something I like to have.

Marriott should provide an option for us life-timers to buy a titanium lifetime card for personal celebration

Allow us to order a customized plastic one like the SPG mycard if we want one.
​​​​
etsmyers likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yeunganson
The SPG lifetime metal card is my bookshelf and has sentimental value of the road travelled.

The annual make your own SPG card has the 1-800 number of the Platinum Concerge of North America and some oversea ones. I customized it so I have the Japan and Hong Kong line (most frequently places) . I also have two of my flight most frequent flyer number that I use.

The card use to be in my wallet and I use the hotel phone to dial and call for reservations and modifications It's just something I like to have.

Marriott should provide an option for us life-timers to buy a titanium lifetime card for personal celebration

Allow us to order a customized plastic one like the SPG mycard if we want one.
​​​​
I would hope that Starriott will issue some sort of permanent lifetime cards when Bonvoy starts. Since titanium is cheap now, they could to LTPP in titanium metal, for instance.

BTW, previous MR lifetime cards were plastic like the annual cards. The only difference was no expiration date. SPG LTG was the standard plastic card with lifetime indicated. Similarly, if a SPG LTG earned Plat for the year, one got the standard Plat plastic card, but IIRC it also said LTG.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
just logged in to check progress....
1036 nights, 2m+ points, 11 years between progs

was showing lifetime platinum.....awaited Plat premier elite.....now telling me I can work towards lifetime silver..... oh well suppose it's something to aim for....
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by bpauker
Is there something amazing I'm missing out on?
Nope. The extra points are nice, but I'm still begging for upgrades and only get recognized as a Plat about 75% of the time w/o me having to mention it first.

... that being said:

- This is FT, where people who don't have it and won't get it see it as the End of the World as They Know It
- Maybe things will change once we morph into Bonvoy Tit[anium]s
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Now that, as I understand it, the sweep has been made, in a member's account page does LPPE show up as "You are Lifetime Platinum Elite" or "You are Lifetime Platinum Premiere Elite"?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by JackE
Now that, as I understand it, the sweep has been made, in a member's account page does LPPE show up as "You are Lifetime Platinum Elite" or "You are Lifetime Platinum Premiere Elite"?
Not aware that anyone is reporting that the LTTE/LPPE sweep has been initiated. Perhaps some prep work in terms of getting LT years straight - my own haven't budged since combining accounts back in August, but it seems as though others are seeing some tweaks in that regard.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Not aware that anyone is reporting that the LTTE/LPPE sweep has been initiated. Perhaps some prep work in terms of getting LT years straight - my own haven't budged since combining accounts back in August, but it seems as though others are seeing some tweaks in that regard.
Thanks. My bad. Loyalty Lobby is reporting a sweep, but it's only a sweep of SPG members who qualified by SPG activity in 2018.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks. My bad. Loyalty Lobby is reporting a sweep, but it's only a sweep of SPG members who qualified by SPG activity in 2018.
HUH? It takes a lot more than SPG activity during 2018 to make LTPP, although I guess someone could theoretically have gotten the 750 nights by booking three rooms every night before August 18th and then one room onward. However, there's still the ten years Plat requirement.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Seems to be a sweep with respect to the 25+ stays SPG PLT year, I guess IT decided to get that out of the way first, probably not a stupid idea.
Now we will see if they mange to get night qualifiers right ....no drama please
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This is a situation where I am friends with "Misery Loves Company".

We should take bets on when this grandfather sweep for LTPPE/LTTitanium will occur.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Did anyone have a Lifetime status change yesterday besides just the annual Platinum sweep for legacy qualifications? I should have qualified for legacy LTP - got the 2019 platinum but lifetime did not change. Can't be sure now if the levels for lifetime were updated or just the annual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.