Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

No reward avail in Marriott mobile v8.5.0 [Solution: Reinstall]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:57 am
Original Poster

I’ve been searching different cities Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Sydney etc. for different days in Jan and Feb 2019 and all hotels produce no result for points redemption. I don’t think it’s because the hotels are all sold out. Is it a known problem with the app?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:01 am

No points redemption availability showing: multiple cities and dates, including low seasons. Beyond pathetic and it’s been this way for the best part of 2 weeks. It goes without saying that the cash rates show up just fine.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM
I experienced the same problem intermittently yesterday on the phone app when looking to make a booking in Washington for March. I completed my booking by using a browser which showed plenty of availability.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I’ve been searching different cities Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Sydney etc. for different days in Jan and Feb 2019 and all hotels produce no result for points redemption. I don’t think it’s because the hotels are all sold out. Is it a known problem with the app?
Delete and reinstall
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Delete and reinstall
You’re absolutely right - that works! Many thanks.

Which is strange because prior to deinstalling I noticed the latest version of the app had been pushed to my iPhone.

Then again, one doesn’t / shouldn’t expect much tech competence from Marriott these days after recent months’ post merger fiascos!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice

You’re absolutely right - that works! Many thanks.

Which is strange because prior to deinstalling I noticed the latest version of the app had been pushed to my iPhone.

Then again, one doesn’t / shouldn’t expect much tech competence from Marriott these days after recent months’ post merger fiascos!
You're very welcome. I was frustrated too and was glad the solution was that simple.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by TimesTwo

You're very welcome. I was frustrated too and was glad the solution was that simple.
Yes, thanks, it worked for me. But one can imagine that there are many people out there trying to make redemption bookings and, getting a zero availability return, give up or pay another way. And of course a total silence from Marriott on their website ( and social media, including here).
I have no idea about apps, or how to fix them, and I suspect I’m not alone in that cluelessness.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:55 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I had the same issue. It looks like the issue is that when the new version app is installed on top of the existing app, the data cache on the phone isn't updated to what the new version expects. When you delete the app it deletes all associated data. Hence when the new version is installed, it sets up a new cache or whatnot and thus it is in the correct structure and reward nights are able to be shown.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Would have been so nice for Marriott if nobody noticed...
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by yosithezet
When you delete the app it deletes all associated data.
You can also just delete the app data, at least on Android.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.