Wiki Posts
Search

3 different reservations for a stay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:14 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
are you saying there is no way for this to get rectified?
I think all margarita girl was saying is that if you don't want to have to call SPG Customer Service to get it fixed, ask the hotel to "close out the folio after each reservation". If you do that then the stay/points was much more likely to be correct.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I think all margarita girl was saying is that if you don't want to have to call SPG Customer Service to get it fixed, ask the hotel to "close out the folio after each reservation". If you do that then the stay/points was much more likely to be correct.
Yes, I've had this happen from time to time too. My guess is the night auditor saw the charges rolled to another folio so there were no points and didn't need processing. Still wrong and once reported was corrected. I've also seen this with having multiple rooms and asking all charges be moved to a single folio. Rare event and I just watch out for it.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lingua101

are you saying there is no way for this to get rectified?
No, you just have to send it in. Even though I always made sure to ask at check out that I be credited for all nights, I never was. I remember specifically in 2017 I had 4 separate BRGs spanning 11 nights at the Laguna Resort. I needed flexibility as I wasn't sure how long I would be staying. (This would not be doable today, as Marriott would insist on combining all your reservations for processing, even reward nights.) My last reservation was only 2 nights and even though all nights showed on the folio, I only got credit for 2 nights. I didn't bother fighting it as I was over 100 nights anyhow. But yes, back then you would just submit to the Research email for correction.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Exactly! I wasn't sure this would still be an issue with Marriott which is why I didn't mention it when I first saw this thread. Guess it is.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by margarita girl
No, you just have to send it in. Even though I always made sure to ask at check out that I be credited for all nights, I never was. I remember specifically in 2017 I had 4 separate BRGs spanning 11 nights at the Laguna Resort. I needed flexibility as I wasn't sure how long I would be staying. (This would not be doable today, as Marriott would insist on combining all your reservations for processing, even reward nights.) My last reservation was only 2 nights and even though all nights showed on the folio, I only got credit for 2 nights. I didn't bother fighting it as I was over 100 nights anyhow. But yes, back then you would just submit to the Research email for correction.

Ok. yeah I sent out email too William and he fixed it for me immediately. now it is fixed
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Actually in this regard, Marriott is more flexible. I did an individual booking on Marriott to do LNF (prior to merger time ) as you have to do this in BRG in SPG if you want have some flexibility. They combined it.

When I asked, they told me, I can shorten the stay as long as within that period.

So this is where Marriott is more flexible than SPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.