Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Marquis Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:09 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G

I don't see a dedicated thread to the JW MM in Dubai, though it has been discussed at length in the Dubai general thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ai-uae-24.html).

I'll be staying here in a couple days. Any tips, experiences, or reviews? I'll be sure to report back on it myself post-checkout.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
I don't see a dedicated thread to the JW MM in Dubai, though it has been discussed at length in the Dubai general thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ai-uae-24.html).

I'll be staying here in a couple days. Any tips, experiences, or reviews? I'll be sure to report back on it myself post-checkout.
One advice I would give is that if you are a platinum or have lounge access, request to have your room be allocated in the same tower as the lounge.
If not, you will have to take the elevator down to the ground floor and transfer. Given the height of the towers, this can be a time consuming annoyance.

There is also a regular shuttle bus from the hotel to the Dubai Mall (one with the Dubai Fountain and photo spots of the Burj Khalifa etc). Comes in handy! (many taxis are often not thrilled to take you a short distance to JW Marquis from Dubai Mall as they often wait a long time to take passengers.
MaxFlyer and KeithGP like this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:58 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Impressions so far:

- Managed to get the same tower, but ended up on the 26th floor with no possibility of a higher suite. They have 260 suites in this hotel, of which I assume 65 are in the same elevator bank as the lounge. They were unable to assign me to one of these rooms for either night of my 2-night stay. The elevators are infuriatingly slow and the switching constantly to get to the lounge or my friend's room is infuriating.

- Service is fantastic.

- Hard product is fantastic. Amazing large and gorgeous suite.

- Happy hour at the lounge is great, and HH at the rooftop bar is generous.

- The place is massive but doesn't feel crowded to me. Granted I checked in at the lounge and never spent any time in the lobby. The pool had activity but wasn't crowded (probably because it's wintertime). The lounge at happy hour is full, but due to its design doesn't feel that crowded…

- Haven't woken up early enough for breakfast yet.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:41 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Wife and I stayed here for three nights in early November. We had a good experience and no real service failures. The room was nice and the food in the executive lounge in the evenings and for breakfast was quite good. The location is also central and the hotel provides a shuttle to the Dubai mall (however taxis are cheap so not a massive savings).

Only drawback for us was the hotel is very large, and thus busy. If you are looking for a more relaxed atmosphere this hotel may not be what you want.

Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...s-hotel-dubai/
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Hi all, just a Silver Elite here. Considering this hotel and see that rooms are US$83 for July and $143 for Lounge Access. Should I pay for lounge access? I'm seeing good reviews for the lounge!
THanks
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Hi all, just a Silver Elite here. Considering this hotel and see that rooms are US$83 for July and $143 for Lounge Access. Should I pay for lounge access? I'm seeing good reviews for the lounge!
THanks
I haven't been there yet but looking at the property. To your question I think it depends on how many nights you'll be there and whether you think you'd use the lounge for breakfast and cocktails in the evening. If you used it a lot probably worth the extra $$$. If you're out and about maybe save the money and spend on food/drinks elsewhere.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kyushuman
THanks
Again, it depends if you are going to take advantage of the alcohol. Also does the cheaper rate include breakfast?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by rstidolph
Again, it depends if you are going to take advantage of the alcohol. Also does the cheaper rate include breakfast?
I think it is room-only, good question!
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
Any update on this hotel in COVID times?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 6:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by flieduk
Any update on this hotel in COVID times?
I was there last week for dinner and drinks. It seemed very busy. Emirates are giving a free night there for anybody booking a flight, so that may make it a bit busier than it's been.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I was there last week for dinner and drinks. It seemed very busy. Emirates are giving a free night there for anybody booking a flight, so that may make it a bit busier than it's been.
Where is this offer? I just booked a flight to DXB with EK but didn’t see anything about getting a free night
Old Dec 20, 2020, 4:40 pm

xplore one of the most fascinating cities in the world with a little extra from us.
Perfect beach weather, the best shopping deals and hundreds of dining options to choose from. These are just some of the reasons to choose Dubai as your next holiday destination. And when you fly with us, you also enjoy additional baggage allowance and a complimentary stay at the JW Marriott Marquis. It’s the perfect place to start your exploration of our home city.

Your first night in Dubai is on us when you book an Economy Class return flight to Dubai. Or enjoy a complimentary two‑night stay with an upgrade to next room category if you book in Business Class or First Class. You also benefit from 24‑hour check‑in and checkout so you can make the most of your trip.

Take more memories home with you. If you’re travelling back to North and South America or Africa, you get one extra piece of baggage, and 10kg more baggage allowance if you’re travelling to other destinations across our network.

Travel with complete peace of mind with our new multi‑risk travel insurance and COVID‑19 cover. And if you need to change your plans, we have several options available to you, including extending your flight ticket validity for up to two years and you can change your dates and rebook your ticket free of cost.

Book your return flight with Dubai as your final destination between 2 ‑ 23 December 2020, for travel from 6 December 2020 until 28 February 2021. To avail your complimentary hotel stay, ensure your booking is made at least 72 hours prior to arrival by emailing [email protected] with your confirmed booking number, the names of all the passengers in your booking, phone number and email address. We will email you your hotel booking confirmation.

If you are travelling from Germany or the UK you can choose to either present a negative COVID 19 PCR test certificate that is valid for 96 hours from the date of the test before departure or choose to take a free COVID 19 PCR test on arrival in Dubai. PCR testing will be done before immigration at either the PCR testing area located at Connections, or for First and Business Class customers at the designated testing area at the arrival hall prior to Immigration.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
I'm staying in this hotel in a few weeks and they have confirmed to me to the hotel can arrange a PCR test for my return flight.

Please to be informed as PCR test can be arranged to do the testing in the room on chargeable basis, which will cost 395AED to take the results in 12 hours and 295 AED in 24 hours.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
That is cheap compared to rip off Britain.
LHR FLYER likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
That is cheap compared to rip off Britain.
Agree I was pleasantly surprised when I saw their email. Not only is it cheaper they also come to your hotel room so I don't need to waste time trying to find the place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.