Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 nights to plat premier

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

2 nights to plat premier

I'm 2 nights short of getting plat premier. If I book a 2 night stay in some city and do mobile checkin but don't show up will this work to get the 2 elite nights? If anyone have experience with this process please share
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I'm 2 nights short of getting plat premier. If I book a 2 night stay in some city and do mobile checkin but don't show up will this work to get the 2 elite nights?
No, most likely you won't. You have to physically check in. Furthermore, if it's a 2-night stay, there's a risk that you'll end getting only one night credit if they discover the next day that you're no longer in your room. With 1-night stays, you can check in in person but call in the morning to say you checked out, and that's should be safe. To increase the likelihood of a 2-night stay where you only check in in person but checked out over the phone, choose a hotel which has those "give me bonus points for declining housekeeping" signs and hang it outside the door on check-in night. (That's somewhat safer than the "do not disturb" sign, because it explains that you don't want housekeeping.)

I'm repeating stuff that people with experience recently posted in other threads, which btw are all in the consolidated forum, not this legacy Marriott forum where you were asked not to start new threads.

Last edited by sdsearch; Dec 23, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In a word, no. Very unlikely to work and if it doesn't, you are SOL. If you've left it to this point, I would stick to the program rules carefully and not leave any room for not receiving credit.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Dang. Appreciate the feedback but I went ahead with the reservation with the assumption that I'm going to lose $100 for 2 nights tiral and so it was worth a try. Thanks again!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Dang. Appreciate the feedback but I went ahead with the reservation with the assumption that I'm going to lose $100 for 2 nights tiral and so it was worth a try. Thanks again!
You cant get someone (add them to reservation) to check in for you?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
You cant get someone (add them to reservation) to check in for you?
I don't have any acquaintances in Deadwood SD
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:13 am

I don't have any acquaintances in Deadwood SD
Neither do I, otherwise I would do $35 a night mattress runs vs $100 in the Bay Area. It's worth checking in on Marriott App etc anyway, there are some reports of people getting points for no shows if not nights though YMMV.

No show/ Paying in full/ getting points?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Furthermore, if it's a 2-night stay, there's a risk that you'll end getting only one night credit if they discover the next day that you're no longer in your room.
Messing up the bed, opening the soap and leaving an old toothbrush or t-shirt etc solves that problem, at least for 2 night stays.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Multiple nights credit if more than one hotel?

If I stay in two or more different hotels on the same night, how many nights credit do I receive? I'm in Panama and there are a lot of Ex SPG properties.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:47 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I'm 2 nights short of getting plat premier. If I book a 2 night stay in some city and do mobile checkin but don't show up will this work to get the 2 elite nights? If anyone have experience with this process please share
Did you choose your Platinum choice benefit gift yet? If not, you could choose the 5 elite qualifying nights which would get you to Plat Premier
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
If I stay in two or more different hotels on the same night, how many nights credit do I receive? I'm in Panama and there are a lot of Ex SPG properties.
Only 1 night you can count on (per official rules), YMMV in practice, but if the additional nights don't post you have no recourse.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Why don't you just find a cheap Marriott you can reach to check-in -- even if you are just passing through, you don't have to physically stay in that city once you pass through..

Just did that for my mattress run. Was in Charlotte for a Panthers game, found a cheap rate near the airport, checked in after the game and then drove home. Checked out via mobile this morning. Got the 3 nights I needed for PP for $204 plus a $40 AMEX offer credit that brought it down to $164.

Tons of cheap rates out there right now because no business travelers and a weird period between Christmas and New Years this year from a day of the week standpoint

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.