Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Marriott's privacy policy includes the ability to request all personal information.
Privacy Policy: https://www.marriott.com/about/privacy.mi

To obtain a copy of your personal data, click Privacy Rights, then click the link 'this form'.

FWIW: Thread about requesting Hilton data: Hilton personal information request
Print Wikipost

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
It is certainly interesting, any UK legal experts out there that know if laws in the UK giving access to any information about yourself could be used in this case get obtain any such information or because the htoels are accessing the information on a non UK based system they can exclude it?
Unlikely. The information is most likely not considered personal information as the comments themselves do not identify you, and are most likely considered to be proprietary information. In NZ which largely inherited UK legal frameworks, even your medical records are property of the creator (not you).
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:45 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kyanar
Unlikely. The information is most likely not considered personal information as the comments themselves do not identify you, and are most likely considered to be proprietary information. In NZ which largely inherited UK legal frameworks, even your medical records are property of the creator (not you).
It’s on your membership file which does identify you?

Regardless of who the owner of the information is, in several nations you are entitled to request it by law which is why those with access to a CRM are trained to never enter comments that aren’t factual because the customer could one day read them.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Finally, all the DYKWIA types will (rightfully) get what's coming to them...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:19 am

Don’t forget that we , as guests , have access to multiple “crm” platforms . This forum serves as such - guests can comment on individual properties or corporate . There are also plenty of other sites where the consumer can comment or rate their experiences. I am not concerned about what might be in my profile . The VAST majority of my interactions with hotel employees are quick , efficient, and friendly.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jeanie
A lot of companies do this. I know that AA does it as well.
Exactly Delta and Hilton do also. I would assume most companies do, as people buy/ reserve things and frequent returns etc.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure my file @BestBuy says: "Devil Customer".
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:02 am

I'm nearly certain my MR CRM record has me labeled as the most difficult of guests. I don't really like to complain, but Marriott manages to screw something up nearly every time I stay at one of their properties. And I'm not talking about putting the chocolates on the wrong part of the pillow...all I want is the correct room service order, housekeeping to not barge in with the DND sign up, an accurate folio at check-out (I've been in folio purgatory for about the last month now). Alas, these properties seem incapable of delivering on these very simple things.

If it gets to the point where they will not longer take my money, I am sure they will let me know. I'm already headed towards making my way back to good old Hilton, which is actually a far better program than the SPG snobs who looked down their noses at me for many years whilst bragging about the awesomeness that was Starwood would admit.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:04 am

I think I've had this work another way on me, so I am not sure about your claims that all of the comments are 'negative'.

I stepped into a particular Courtyard for the first time and the FD agent asked me to wait a second during my check-in, and made a phone call. few seconds later, out comes the GM who wants to greet me in person, handed my wife and I bottles of juice that we like from the lobby cafe, and said that he had "looked at my profile" prior to my arrival and wanted to welcome me personally.

I stay frequently at another property nearby and had largely avoided the courtyard simply because I prefer full-service hotels. I guess he must have noticed this, together with some comment on there about my love for kiwi juices.
I didn't mind it at all.

Last edited by jaejaez; Dec 23, 2018 at 6:05 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
People who are legally entitled to get Marriott to give them the personal info that Marriott stores on them should use such legal rights to get this information from Marriott too. It can be quite interesting or boring stuff.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dayone
Your self-evaluation is meaningless. Marriott maintains an internal CRM system for use by its hotels. It is not open to your review, comment, challenge or evaluation. Your only way to influence your customer record is to be civil, be reasonable and understand that frequent good behavior does not excuse or indemnify intermittent bad behavior.

Paranoia will destroy ya.
The system is open to review and evaluation, at least for some of us who aren’t limited to operating in jurisdictions that are as hostile to customer control over data as the US.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:38 am
Suspended

I would like to thank the OP for trying to make more customers aware of what Marriott may be storing about its customers and being aware of how the information can be accessed, legally or otherwise, and how such info can be used and even misused. This is no less important in an era where Marriott is the owner of several customer data breaches for which it should be held accountable but for which it wants to try to escape accountability.

Originally Posted by Voldoo
If this thread is any sort of indication, I can’t imagine there are any comments in the CRM about the OP that are unwarranted.

If this thread is any sort of indication, I can’t imagine that there are enough warranted comments about most of the critics of the OP too.

Customers bashing other customers is another FT classic.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 23, 2018 at 6:47 am
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond
300 stays is a lot of nights. I am wondering whether the OP might be happier with other chains. It seems that most properties were more than happy to take his/her money, and then badmouth behind the OP’s back.

Surely, at some point, there is less to gain from 100% loyalty to one chain over years.

Sounds Ike customer familiarity breeds contempt within the Marriott system.

Maybe the absence of your business will suddenly make their hearts grow fonder.

Spread the wealth. At 300 nights a year, you could probably enjoy status at several chains and leave Marriott to their snarky CRM comments.

GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: UA Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
300 stays is a lot of nights. I am wondering whether the OP might be happier with other chains. It seems that most properties were more than happy to take his/her money, and then badmouth behind the OP’s back.

Surely, at some point, there is less to gain from 100% loyalty to one chain over years.

Sounds Ike customer familiarity breeds contempt within the Marriott system.

Maybe the absence of your business will suddenly make their hearts grow fonder.

Spread the wealth. At 300 nights a year, you could probably enjoy status at several chains and leave Marriott to their snarky CRM comments.

Hate to break it to y'all but all of the major chains have a CRM platform that hotels and the corporate call center can share information. If you are a chronic complainer we know about it. On the other hand if you are a great guest we know that too.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelboy
Hate to break it to y'all but all of the major chains have a CRM platform that hotels and the corporate call center can share information. If you are a chronic complainer we know about it. On the other hand if you are a great guest we know that too.
I think it’s pretty obvious that they all have it, but maybe it gives the OP an opportunity to start with a new chain with a clean slate. It sounds like the OP and Marriott need a break in their relationship to see other people.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:19 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
on the one hand, I can see why hotels do this, there are tons of nitpickers who will complain over the dumbest stuff imaginable and I'm sure they're insufferable jerks in lots of other ways.

On the other, OP does have a point. there's an inherent bias in this sort of system. Someone who stays 300 nights/year is likely to have six times as many interactions with staff as me, someone who stays around 50 nights a year. When someone is reviewing OP's permanent record, they're probably thinking "wow this guy gets tattled on a lot" and isn't factoring in the number of stays he has. He very well might be considerably less of a pain in the ... than the 50-night guest even though he has 5 times as many negative comments.

If the goal of this program is to give properties an accurate view of problem customers, it's almost certainly a big failure.
mikebor likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.