Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Marriott's privacy policy includes the ability to request all personal information.
Privacy Policy: https://www.marriott.com/about/privacy.mi

To obtain a copy of your personal data, click Privacy Rights, then click the link 'this form'.

FWIW: Thread about requesting Hilton data: Hilton personal information request
Print Wikipost

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:59 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

This thread is being reopened.

The comments on other posters, whether direct or side-handed are not acceptable. If you are unclear about the rules of FlyerTalk, I suggest you reread them, with special attention to Rule 12. If you feel that someone has posted an attack or insult, do not respond. Use the RBP feature to alert the moderators. Note that taking threads off-topic down the path of topics better discussed in OMNI is also prohibited.

yosithezet
Co-Moderator, MSR Forum

Last edited by yosithezet; Dec 26, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:56 pm

Lol!

Many different hotels. Who don’t know about your other stays. are leaving similar comments about
you as individual?

only one constant in this whole situation........
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by troyintn
. . . as people buy/ reserve things and frequent returns etc.
And the holders of those databases are considered CRAs (Consumer Reporting Agencies) under the U.S. Fair Credit Reporting Act and are obligated to provide consumers copies of data held on them on request either annually or upon adverse action. Ideally, databases in which hotels are sharing information about customers should be treated the same way, though current law doesn't require such. (IANAL and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.)
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:04 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by volabam
And the holders of those databases are considered CRAs (Consumer Reporting Agencies) under the U.S. Fair Credit Reporting Act and are obligated to provide consumers copies of data held on them on request either annually or upon adverse action. Ideally, databases in which hotels are sharing information about customers should be treated the same way, though current law doesn't require such. (IANAL and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.)
Interesting. How would one go about asking Marriott for the data about one’s self?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
Interesting. How would one go about asking Marriott for the data about one’s self?
I'm pretty sure with the new EU regulations one can ask Marriott for a full copy of their information and/or an erasure of said data.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
It's funny, I have zero worries about what the CRM system says about me. Treat people well in general and things will take care of themselves.

Occasionally I do read posts on FT and find myself wondering: "Dude, can you hear what you sound like?" ... and also thinking, I can understand how the FA, desk clerk or whoever, reacted the way they did.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato
It's funny, I have zero worries about what the CRM system says about me. Treat people well in general and things will take care of themselves. . .
Ideally, that would be 100% true. However, it only takes one vindictive clerk to "make a note" to color every future interaction with a customer. I don't know who first said it, but "no authority is abused like petty authority" comes to mind.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by damnyourefine
I doubt that they have to provide it in the U.S. With the GDPR, an EU national should have no trouble. I would say that even if they're not required, it can't hurt to ask but then I'm reminded of that joke from long ago about asking for a copy of one's FBI file: if one didn't have one before asking, one will certainly have one after.

Edit: thinking about this further, another way to find out what's there is to take the route another poster had mentioned: ask an employee at a Marriott at which you frequently stay and with whom you've established a rapport. There is a risk of making the employee feel uncomfortable with that kind of request and I wouldn't personally ask but it is an option.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:02 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I doubt that they have to provide it in the U.S. With the GDPR, an EU national should have no trouble.
Incorrect,

https://www.marriott.com.au/about/privacy.mi

If you would like to request to access, change, delete, restrict the use or object to the processing of your Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by law), please complete this form. If you have any questions about the form or our process, feel free to contact us at [email protected], or by mail at:

Marriott International, Inc.
Global Compliance, Privacy
10400 Fernwood Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
United States of America

EEA Contact Information:
Marriott Hotels Limited
Global Compliance
Barnard’s Inn
86 Fetter Lane
London EC4A 1EN
United Kingdom

For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with applicable law.

Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or reservation, or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security, or other reasons.
volabam, Kacee and obunewbie17 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Good to know that they will, but it doesn't mean they are required to by law in the U.S. Appreciate the information.

Edit: they also have some wiggle language there:

- "to the extent these rights are provided to you by law"
- "
In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security, or other reasons."
obunewbie17 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Good to know that they will, but it doesn't mean they are required to by law in the U.S. Appreciate the information.

Edit: they also have some wiggle language there:

- "to the extent these rights are provided to you by law"
- "
In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security, or other reasons."
I think you forgot a huge caveat: "... your Personal Data that you have previously provided to us..."

They say nothing about employee notes on customers.
volabam and obunewbie17 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:37 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
In Australia, Privacy Law requires that companies provide all data, including notes on the individual hence why any call centre or customer service staff are trained not to input any defamatory information and only facts related to incidents.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
I'm pretty sure Marriott has to share all data they have on you under California's Consumer Privacy Act that just recently went into effect.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201720180AB375

With the above said, I'm filling out the paperwork to find out what all Marriott has on me and will report back anything amusing/disturbing.
SPN Lifer, Keyser, volabam and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
I'm pretty sure Marriott has to share all data they have on you under California's Consumer Privacy Act that just recently went into effect.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201720180AB375

With the above said, I'm filling out the paperwork to find out what all Marriott has on me and will report back anything amusing/disturbing.
Bubu likes Bubu Tea.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:18 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I imagine they will not show you your complete file

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.