FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Rewards member trying to get Vistana ownership credit? It's tricky now. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1947164-marriott-rewards-member-trying-get-vistana-ownership-credit-its-tricky-now.html)

Seattlenerd Dec 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Marriott Rewards member trying to get Vistana ownership credit? It's tricky now.

Heads up that if you're a Vistana (formerly Starwood Vacation Ownership) timeshare owner trying to get promised stay night credits to your Marriott Rewards (formerly SPG) account, you may have a few hoops to go through now that SPG has been merged into Marriott Rewards. I did, and a Vistana customer service rep tells me I'm not alone.

In November, I spent seven nights at the Westin Mission Hills Villas in Rancho Mirage. We are long-time SVO/Vistana owners, and had a linked SPG account.

After there was no credit by mid-December, I submitted the folio on the Marriott Rewards site for a missing stay credit. Nothing. A few days later, submitted it a second time. There were several emails back and forth with the "Stay Add Marriott" rep, first stating the name on the reservation didn't match (the timeshare is in both my and my wife's name; had never been an issue with the linked account), then that there were no "eligible charges" or room revenue and therefore no credit allowed (not true; also never an issue before).

I elevated it to the "Internet Customer Care" email address. The first time I was told I'd get points for the stay, and they showed up, for incidentals, but no night stay credits. The second time I pointed out the missing stay credit, I finally got the night stay credits.

It took a half-dozen emails, and five times re-sending the folio, which had the stay dates clearly marked on it, over a week.

A Vistana rep told me problems are not unusual since the programs were combined.

I have also re-confirmed with Vistana that they now have my correct and current combined Marriott Rewards number; Apparently, Vistana was directly given my assigned "new" SPG-conversion number by Marriott prior to our stay-- a new SPG number I chose not to keep when merging my accounts in August.

I suggest any Vistana-formerly-SVO owners expecting Marriott Rewards credits to double-check that Vistana has their current and correct Marriott Rewards account number, that the name on the reservation matches the name on the Marriott Rewards account (especially if a joint Vistana ownership), and to follow up if the stay night credits don't appear -- like hotel stays using point redemptions, owner timeshare use doesn't require room revenue for stay night credits in Marriott Rewards.

Sartaxi Jun 18, 2019 4:04 pm

Great to hear you have some luck.
I have been successful last time, although within Vistana I keep hitting a brick wall, the 'service' reps I get replies from do not know about the night-credits and say it is not part of the deal.
For my last stay, I was successful in getting it credited through Marriott (may help that I am Marriott Ambassador Elite as well).

We just finished another Vistana stay, and going through the same hoops at the moment... (again Vistana denies I should get night credits, fingers crossed for more luck with Marriott, but reading the Marriott insiders forums I have little hope)

edit, I'm not yet allowed to post links apparently, so an attempt to work around:
insiders.marriott.com/thread/55574
insiders.marriott.com/thread/55743

controller1 Jun 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Sartaxi (Post 31216363)
Great to hear you have some luck.
I have been successful last time, although within Vistana I keep hitting a brick wall, the 'service' reps I get replies from do not know about the night-credits and say it is not part of the deal.
For my last stay, I was successful in getting it credited through Marriott (may help that I am Marriott Ambassador Elite as well).

We just finished another Vistana stay, and going through the same hoops at the moment... (again Vistana denies I should get night credits, fingers crossed for more luck with Marriott, but reading the Marriott insiders forums I have little hope)

edit, I'm not yet allowed to post links apparently, so an attempt to work around:
insiders.marriott.com/thread/55574
insiders.marriott.com/thread/55743

I've had all of my Vistana points/nights properly credited within 3-5 days after checkout. Westin Mission Hills in February, Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North in March and Westin Nanea in April. If your Vistana reservations are not showing on the Marriott.com website, then you will have problems. Send a special request through the Vistana website for each reservation asking them to ensure your Marriott Bonvoy number is attached to your reservation and be sure and give them that number. I did that on all three reservations and within hours the reservations appeared on Marriott.com and I had no problem in getting the credits.

Sartaxi Jun 18, 2019 10:16 pm

That's a good tip, thanks! As typically they don't show in my Marriott account.

AbuCordoba Jun 19, 2019 5:01 am

Not sure this is the venue for discussion, but I used my 2019 allowance to stay at VSN select hotels (St Ermin in London and Courtyard in Rome) however my 2018 allowance I cannot use for VSN select and have to use it for Vistana properties, does anyone know anywhere I can sell or exchange these for anything?

bosca418 Jun 19, 2019 6:44 pm

The reason Vistana reservations are not showing up on the app or website is because our Bonvoy member numbers are not being automatically linked. It is super annoying and frustrating as I had to jump through hoops to get my credit from WKV. You should call ahead to the properties and have your Bonvoy number added to the reservation. You will see it right away on the Marriott website account.

Seattlenerd Jun 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by bosca418 (Post 31220566)
The reason Vistana reservations are not showing up on the app or website is because our Bonvoy member numbers are not being automatically linked. It is super annoying and frustrating as I had to jump through hoops to get my credit from WKV. You should call ahead to the properties and have your Bonvoy number added to the reservation. You will see it right away on the Marriott website account.

However ... even with that linkage ... you might have to jump through hoops. I've had to do it twice, now. But at least eventually I got credit for the elite nights by escalating it up through Marriott Bonvoy customer service.