Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Direct and OTA Bookings Back-to-Back

Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA

I have a stay coming up at the Prince Gallery Tokyo. I've already booked a 4 night stay, but may end up adding another night at the tail end. The 4 nights were booked directly with Marriott, but I'm thinking of booking the last night through AMEX Travel (Not FHR, just the regular Amex Travel). I have 2 questions:
1. Would they merge my 2 reservations at check-in if I mention it?
2. Would they give me PP benefits for the entire stay? Or only the 4 nights I booked direct with Marriott?

Anyone have experience with something like this?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
1. I suggest you write them before check-in. I never had problems with merging reservations.
2. Really depends on the hotel/country/cultural norms. However, Japanese culture is very respectful of the rules, so I would not count much on getting benefits on the last night. Everything is done by the book in this country.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.