Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Springhill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway [Master Thread]

Old Dec 19, 18, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 12/17 - 12/18

Location: The best part of this hotel as it's at the Gateway Complex. This means you can ride the Skytrain one stop and walk 200 feet to the property. Just turn right when exiting the train and the elevators take you just outside the hotel. It's also possible to get an Uber from the hotel and they are easy to get. A ride downtown costs about $18. There are no restaurants one can walk to here except the ones in the Renaissance and Marriott but you can ride the train back to the airport which has a surprising number of places to eat outside security.

Hotel: The hotel is a fairly standard SHS though it's new and six stories instead of the usual suburban 3. The lobby area is pleasant with a large sitting area, breakfast nook and two computer business center. There's a small 24 hour fitness center on the first floor as well. The hotel feels very new and is pleasant to be inside.

Check In: The night audit agent was not in a good mood when I arrived at midnight. I was offered points or a marketplace amenity at least. Annoyingly, the business center printer was out of ink and the agent acted as if printing a document for me was a major imposition.

Room: The room has a strange design for a SHS property. It does have more of a suite feeling due to the layout but its design is still odd. For one, because of the stupid SHS design there's a shower in one small room with a sink and then a toilet with an even smaller sink in another small room. The bed area is nice though one of the light bulbs was out. In the living room area was also a work space.

Breakfast: There was pork sausage, scrambled eggs as well as fruit, cereal, breads and the usual cold items. It ran from 6:30 to 9:30

My rate was $140. I'm going to make the Gateway hotels my new hotels when I arrive at midnight. While the hotel isn't perfect (especially the agents) being able to ride the train one stop and then walk to the property is wonderful.