Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Upgrade and Unwrap 50,000 Bonus Points (Chase)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez

CCIE_Flyer, earn 50,000 bonus points¹ when you upgrade to the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card. Just make one holiday purchase — at any amount — by 12/31/18.

I have not paid terribly much attention to the CC situation - figured I'd sort it out in 2019. However, received this offer via e-mail today, and it seems like a no-brainer. I was likely to upgrade the card anyway, the new fee is but $10 higher, I think this will reset my anniversary date that was already about five months in -- but I can claim 50k points literally with a $1 parking meter fee/purchase, so it seems perfectly reasonable.

Am I wrong about any of this?

Edit: Oh, and of course the annual cert value increases from 25k to 35k going forward (presumably now in Dec vs. Jul).
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes that's been the offer for a while now. Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

The downside is you lose the 1 elite night credit per $3k spend.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes that's been the offer for a while now. Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers
Well that's embarrassing on my part - but like I said, I've barely paid any attention to any of this (and I did do a quick search but somehow missed your linked thread).

The downside is you lose the 1 elite night credit per $3k spend.
Assuming LTPP/LTTE comes through as expected come January, this shouldn't be a concern in my specific case.

Thanks much
Kacee likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Well that's embarrassing on my part - but like I said, I've barely paid any attention to any of this (and I did do a quick search but somehow missed your linked thread).
It's in the Chase forum so quite understandable
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:40 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer

Assuming LTPP/LTTE comes through as expected come January, this shouldn't be a concern in my specific case.

Thanks much

I value SNAs so want to keep this option as long as it’s available even though I too will be Lifetime Titanium next year.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by damon88
I value SNAs so want to keep this option as long as it’s available even though I too will be Lifetime Titanium next year.
Good point - hadn't thought of that!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Plus the new card is 6X points for Marriott purchases and 2X points for everything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.