Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fairfield - Busan, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Asia Fairfields do not provide free breakfast. It's a paid thing. This property offers a discount on breakfast to elites.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Fairfield Busan, Korea [Master Thread]

Fairfield by Marriott arrives in Busan

The Fairfield by Marriott Busan has opened its doors ― the first Fairfield brand in the port city.

The 225-room property is located in Haeundae, a popular beach resort, which Marriott says is ideal for both business and leisure travelers as the location offers convenient access to major commercial, entertainment and cultural venues in the city.

The hotel features a modern restaurant that offers a buffet-style breakfast of both local and international specialties and its well-equipped fitness center is available for guests. For the business traveler, the hotel offers flexible workspaces in the lobby and a fully-equipped meeting room that can accommodate up to 30 people comfortably.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Category 3.

I think they're mainly targeting business travelers with this Fairfield. Just 225 rooms with the biggest ones being a Family Corner room. Probably going to be very popular with young people and couples seeking a cheap, clean new hotel in Haeundae. Families who want a pool and oceanview are likely to go for Park Hyatt or the Paradise hotel.

Some very partial sea views but mostly city building ones.

The location isn't on exactly on Haeundae beach. You have to cross two streets to get there.

Prices are fairly reasonable for Korean winter (99,000 KRW plus tax) but probably will go up during the summer Busan beach peak times.

Last edited by Aventine; Dec 5, 2018 at 7:34 am
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott press release:

Fairfield by Marriott Continues to Expand in South Korea with the Opening of First Fairfield by Marriott In Bustling Busan | Marriott News Center

"...announced the opening of the new 225-room Fairfield by Marriott Hotel in Busan, South Korea. This is the second Fairfield to open in South Korea this year.The property is comprised of 224 guestrooms that offer city and ocean views and one 485sqft family room that includes a separate living room. The hotel features a modern restaurant that offers buffet-style breakfast of both local and international specialties. Meanwhile, a well-equipped fitness center is available for guests to maintain their fitness routines

Busan is South Korea’s second-largest city, noted for being the country’s main commercial port, a popular destination for major conferences and home to the Korea Exchange. In addition to its reputation for being a trade hub, Busan boasts numerous seaside attractions and international festivals throughout the year including the Busan International Rock Festival in August and the Busan International Film Festival in October. Busan is also known to be a popular summer destination for domestic travelers visiting its beautiful beaches.

The new Fairfield by Marriott Busan is located in the heart of Haeundae, a popular beach resort destination with a boardwalk in one of South Korea’s most scenic coastal regions. Ideal for both business and leisure travelers, the hotel’s location offers convenient access to major commercial, entertainment and cultural venues in the area. Nearby attractions include Moontan Road, MIPO railroad trekking course, Busan Aquarium and The Bay 101 Yacht Club shopping, dining and entertainment complex to name a few. Shinsegae Centum City, the world’s largest department store, is located less than two kilometers away from the hotel, and Haeundae Beach is only a three-minute walk away. The hotel is located 7 minutes’ walk from Haeundae subway station and is an easy 40-minute drive from Busan’s Gimhae international airport."

Hotel website. Cat 3.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...irfield-busan/
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:43 pm

Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Anyone stayed there so far?
Old May 21, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I just checked in to the hotel. Sad to say no free breakfast for Titanium member - didn’t even get the $10 credit x 2 you get at Courtyards and AC Hotels. (So a gap in Bonvoy’s breakfast offerings for elites). You can add to the Fairfield Busan to the list of Fairfields that don’t offer breakfast (like the Fairfield in Seoul). Was told it’s an Asia thing. Was offered a discounted rate for breakfast of 11,000 KRW.

I’ll post some more later but wanted to share this data point for those interested in Fairfields in Asia. Just updated the wiki for “Marriott’s Breakfast offerings”
est-gratuite likes this.

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; May 21, 2019 at 2:13 am
Old May 21, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Wanted to provide some additional data points on the Fairfield Busan:

- check in was quick - welcomed as a Titanium member, and offered choice of Welcome Gift - a snack item and a beverage item or points - didn’t specify how many points but I opted for the points (assume it’ll be 500 points)
- was notified of the construction in front of the hotel and to expect noise from 8 am - 5 pm
- informed of the laundry room and cost
- informed of the 2 complimentary bottles of water each day
- informed that breakfast is available on the 2nd floor and that there would be a cost but at a discounted rate for Titanium (11000 KRW instead of 14000 KRW)
- asked if I wanted a late checkout - I declined since I was headed to Jeju next
- overall, room is identical to the photo in the postings above.
- there is a sliding door that separates the bathroom from the rest of the room and the glass shower door swings to enclose off the toilet area or the shower when the shower is in use
- glass around shower is frosted so can’t see into the shower or toilet when the door is swung to close off that area
- mini fridge, safe, hot water kettle and a coffee/Kerug type machine with 3 coffee pods
- overall kinda far from Nampo but manageable with the bus that runs in front of the hotel, can see the Hauendae Beach from 2 blocks away but only a tiny sliver of it

hope this helps anyone considering this hotel in the future!

Old May 21, 2019, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
I just checked in to the hotel. Sad to say no free breakfast for Titanium member Was told it’s an Asia thing.

I’ll post some more later but wanted to share this data point for those interested in Fairfields in Asia. Just updated the wiki for “Marriott’s Breakfast offerings”
Thanks for updating the wiki. It is an Asia thing, which is actually surprising given how Asia normally goes above & beyond.

Cheers.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for updating the wiki. It is an Asia thing, which is actually surprising given how Asia normally goes above & beyond.

Cheers.
Why is this "Asia thing" getting repeated? At best, or worst, it appears to be a "Korea thing", since there are posts on FlyerTalk discussing free breakfasts at other asian Fairfields.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by clublounger
Why is this "Asia thing" getting repeated? At best, or worst, it appears to be a "Korea thing", since there are posts on FlyerTalk discussing free breakfasts at other asian Fairfields.
Because this link says 'complimentary breakfast not available in Asia Pacific Fairfield properties'.

https://fairfield.marriott.com/amenities/

Some Asia Fairfields may offer free breakfast, but according to the link they're not required to do so, which I find surprising given that free breakfast at FFI is a brand standard & Asia normally goes above & beyond w/ offerings/service, not less than.

Cheers.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
If you are cheap, you can have Onigiri / Samgakgimbop as breakfast like me 70c breakfast right there.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Because this link says 'complimentary breakfast not available in Asia Pacific Fairfield properties'.

https://fairfield.marriott.com/amenities/

Some Asia Fairfields may offer free breakfast, but according to the link they're not required to do so, which I find surprising given that free breakfast at FFI is a brand standard & Asia normally goes above & beyond w/ offerings/service, not less than.

Cheers.
Posts above, and the one you quote, are referring to breakfast as a Titanium amenity, not as a benefit for all guests. The link you provide is referring to a breakfast for all guests.

As a Titanium benefit, there is no "Asia thing". There MAY be a Korea thing, though I was offered breakfast at the Fairfield Seoul as my amenity last year.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)

As a Titanium benefit, there is no "Asia thing". There MAY be a Korea thing, though I was offered breakfast at the Fairfield Seoul as my amenity last year.

Bonvoy has made the breakfast benefits so damn complicated and confusing, I bet even the senior hotel staff themselves are now unsure what they are obliged to offer. There are so many variations now based on your member status, geographic region, hotel brand, lounge or non lounge property, and even what type of breakfast they should give you. (some properties in USA are just giving a coffee and a piece of toast). Even senior veteran flyertalk members (who are arguably best informed of all travellers worldwide) can't make sense of the awful mess Bonvoy has created.

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 22, 2019 at 8:46 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 10:36 pm

Posts above, and the one you quote, are referring to breakfast as a Titanium amenity, not as a benefit for all guests. The link you provide is referring to a breakfast for all guests.

Disagree. The link above mentions amenities in general re: rooms, breakfast, market - nowhere does it say Plat/Tit/Amb.

FFI has a brand standard of free breakfast for all guests, regardless of status (EXCEPT in Asia).

The link above shows that Asia FFI are exempt from the free breakfast standard. it's weird because Asia normally goes above & beyond.

This property offers a discount on the breakfast to Plat/Tit/Amb, but it's not offering free breakfast - which is in line w/ the general policy of no free breakfast in Asia.

That doesn't mean other properties might ignore the policy (similar to JW Essex in NYC ignoring the rule of exec lounge closed on weekends & 1,000 points instead), but it's not a guarantee - and contrary to your comment, we've had reports of other Asian FFI not offering free breakfast outside of Korea.

So, getting back to this property, we know they don't offer free breakfast to elites, but do offer a discount.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 22, 2019 at 10:43 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 9:00 am

Disagree. The link above mentions amenities in general re: rooms, breakfast, market - nowhere does it say Plat/Tit/Amb.

FFI has a brand standard of free breakfast for all guests, regardless of status (EXCEPT in Asia).

The link above shows that Asia FFI are exempt from the free breakfast standard. it's weird because Asia normally goes above & beyond.

This property offers a discount on the breakfast to Plat/Tit/Amb, but it's not offering free breakfast - which is in line w/ the general policy of no free breakfast in Asia.

That doesn't mean other properties might ignore the policy (similar to JW Essex in NYC ignoring the rule of exec lounge closed on weekends & 1,000 points instead), but it's not a guarantee - and contrary to your comment, we've had reports of other Asian FFI not offering free breakfast outside of Korea.

So, getting back to this property, we know they don't offer free breakfast to elites, but do offer a discount.

Cheers.
Disagree all you want. Talk circles and drag out the discussion all you want.

You quoted a post that discussed Titanium breakfast amenity benefits at this hotel and you then connected that with the fact that asian Fairfields don't offer complimentary breakfast to all guests.

These are two different matters.

Thank you, next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.