FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Elite Nights with Classic Marriott Rewards Credit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1945789-elite-nights-classic-marriott-rewards-credit-card.html)

BMGRAHAM Dec 14, 2018 10:51 am

Elite Nights with Classic Marriott Rewards Credit Card

For those that wondered whether they would get their 15 nights with the old card this year (because we received a notice saying that benefit would be terminated starting 2019) I can report to you that I just received on my anniversary my 15 nights towards elite qualification as well as my free 25000 point certificate. I know the 15 nights won't happen next year but I wasn't sure if they would happen this year. At the time I was relying on those 15 nights to take me to 750 lifetime nights although I was able to make that happen without those 15 nights. I have now applied for the upgraded card.

dgreen12 Dec 14, 2018 12:11 pm

I'm not sure where your information about the 15 elite nights going away in 2019 for the old version of the card came from.

They've made it abundantly clear that there's a 15 elite night cap per Rewards member per year --- no matter how many credit cards you might have --- but that's about it.

My "classic" card renews on January 6, 2019. I'm expecting the 15 elite nights credit to post.

BMGRAHAM Dec 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12 (Post 30535794)
I'm not sure where your information about the 15 elite nights going away in 2019 for the old version of the card came from.

They've made it abundantly clear that there's a 15 elite night cap per Rewards member per year --- no matter how many credit cards you might have --- but that's about it.

My "classic" card renews on January 6, 2019. I'm expecting the 15 elite nights credit to post.

In your case it won't make a difference since your anniversary is within the first three months of the year but for me my anniversary was in December and I was concerned that they might push off the 15 nights until January.
E-mail on July 6th:
Coming in 2019, you will receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year instead of the 15 Elite Night Credits you received every year after your account anniversary.

Relevant footnote said:
Each calendar year a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to one of your Marriott Loyalty Program accounts operated by Marriott International (i.e., Marriott RewardsŪ, Starwood Preferred GuestŪ or The Ritz-Carlton RewardsŪ) (the "Marriott Loyalty Program") on or before March 1 in accordance with the Marriott Loyalty Program terms and conditions. To qualify for the 15 Elite Night credits, you must be the primary cardmember and your credit card account must be open and not in default as of December 31 of the prior year and you must be a member in good standing with the Marriott Loyalty Program. A maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be awarded per Marriott Loyalty Program member even if the Marriott Loyalty Program member has more than one Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, or Ritz-Carlton Rewards credit card account or is a member of more than one Marriott Loyalty Program. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

JBord Dec 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by BMGRAHAM (Post 30535828)
In your case it won't make a difference since your anniversary is within the first three months of the year but for me my anniversary was in December and I was concerned that they might push off the 15 nights until January.
E-mail on July 6th:
Coming in 2019, you will receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year instead of the 15 Elite Night Credits you received every year after your account anniversary.

Yes, they are changing the timing of the nights credit, which mattered for you this year. But they are not "terminating" that benefit in 2019, just changing the timing.

BMGRAHAM Dec 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by JBord (Post 30536261)
Yes, they are changing the timing of the nights credit, which mattered for you this year. But they are not "terminating" that benefit in 2019, just changing the timing.

That is correct, my error in the original post. I just remembered they were doing something that could have hurt me but it didn't in the end. When I went back and read the e-mail I realized that I was wrong and that what you said was correct.

beachfan Jun 7, 2019 8:14 am

My surprise, I have 30 nights from credit cards showing in my account.

silverforumsurf Jun 7, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 31179556)
My surprise, I have 30 nights from credit cards showing in my account.

which cards?