Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:55 pm

I've got a luxury collection reservation doing the same... switched from points to cash with a new confirmation number...

awesome.

not sure if i want to waste a ton of time with marriott on the phone yet or if I want to give this a week or two to see what shakes out. Will be monitoring this thread closely and will report back with any useful info.

EDIT: Holy S***.... got disconnected while on hold after 30 minutes. definitely waiting on this one to see what happens. I'm going to start demanding points or something for all these damned 1 hr+ calls I have to make just to get them to do their job right.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Had two StR Maldives migrate. Seem ok. Cancelation actually got better-changed from 30 days to two weeks. Fingers crossed nothing else happens here out.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:24 pm

Well both my wife and I have St. Regis Bora Bora reservations switched from points to cash. I've been on the phone for the last 90 minutes. I've been transferred up the supervisor chain 4 times now and the current agent said she was checking with her supervisor. We'l see how this works out. With flights and other reservations I really don't want this to get all messed up.

To make matters worse I was previously in contact with Marriott on numerous occasions trying to get the reservation from a points reservation to a free night certificate and spent hours on the phone trying to make that happen as the system apparently couldn't apply the Marriott certificates to the starwood properties.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: CX SL, TK G, SPG P, HH D, Hyatt D
Got an Al Maha reservation switched from points to cash too.
The phone agent (SPG platinum line) was quick to fix everything. Took less than 20 mins.
tygran37 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Six St Regis/LC reservations in 2019 migrated from points to cash. Gotta plan for one whole day this weekend to call and fix them.

I am sure a lot Marriott members don't even know this migration issue. Phone lines may be jammed if this hits the press.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wow I now feel relatively fortunate. My two points reservations (St. Regis NYC and Prince de Galles) seem fine.

Total weirdness on the Bangkok properties (St. Regis and SGS) though. Overnight, available room types changed dramatically, rates at St. Regis dropped by about 40%, and a three night minimum went away. The room type changes really make me wonder how these properties are managing their inventory.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by anhh924
Got an Al Maha reservation switched from points to cash too.
The phone agent (SPG platinum line) was quick to fix everything. Took less than 20 mins.
I also have Al Maha reservation which changed from pts to cash. As recommended in the other thread on this subject, I emailed the hotel and they are fixing this for me.

My St Regis and Westin reservations in FLR are fine.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
The IT and customer service experience at Marriott are hard to believe now. Unrelated, but last week . had to call MR about something. 4 transfers-including one to MVCI-and I finally got someone who told me to call back the next day. ARGH. The good ol days of the immediate answer of the Plat line with people who knew what they were doing.....
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Got the following from Al Maha:
Greetings from Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa!Glad to re-confirm your booking with hotel confirmation number XXXXXX Please be informed that you will see changes as the reservation is migrated to Marriott however the booking is still on Points redemption. Kindly be informed that there will be no extra charges will be paid for accommodation.
For those that don't want to spend time on the phone chatting with Marriott agents who were working at McDonald's last week, you can reach them at [email protected]. I will post the email in the Al Maha thread.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:27 am

I had the same thing happen to me with an Al Maha reservation. I had my Ambassador contact the hotel and they said that everything on the backend is still showing it as an award stay. It's just the frontend (Marriott's site) that is showing it as a cash stay. So I imagine that there is probably nothing that we need to do.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:35 am

St Regis Bora Bora 240k points booking now converted to cash booking. Not till May 2019 so will wait for this to sort out so people who are traveling in next couple of weeks can get theirs sorted out. Im actually cancelling the res once it goes back to points.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by act0fgod
Well both my wife and I have St. Regis Bora Bora reservations switched from points to cash. I've been on the phone for the last 90 minutes. I've been transferred up the supervisor chain 4 times now and the current agent said she was checking with her supervisor. We'l see how this works out. With flights and other reservations I really don't want this to get all messed up.

To make matters worse I was previously in contact with Marriott on numerous occasions trying to get the reservation from a points reservation to a free night certificate and spent hours on the phone trying to make that happen as the system apparently couldn't apply the Marriott certificates to the starwood properties.

Same thing happened to me when checked yesterday. I have StR Bora Bora booked for March using points, and they all converted to a paid rate in the reservation, and all my confirmation numbers changed! Good thing I have copies of my original points bookings.
Called Marriott yesterday and they submitted a ticket in their system and said they will get back to me. This whole transition is one huge mess. The only way to see upcoming reservations is through the app. I can't even see my upcoming stays on the site.

Will keep you guys posted on this progress.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Quimby4
St Regis Bora Bora 240k points booking now converted to cash booking......
Originally Posted by CanadianGeese
Same thing happened to me when checked yesterday. I have StR Bora Bora booked for March using points, and they all converted to a paid rate in the reservation.....
As it seems to be a systemic issue, perhaps Marriott will correct it systemically without manual intervention.
Quimby4 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Marriott IT:

Outsourced_worker #1 : Ok we're ready to start the conversion and transfer reservations over. I'm gonna execute it.
Outsourced_worker #2 : Wait should we test this first?
Outsourced_worker #1 : Nah, they told us to go live by tonight. I'm sure it'll work fine, and we'll fix any issues on the fly. Here goes!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Got the following from Al Maha:

For those that don't want to spend time on the phone chatting with Marriott agents who were working at McDonald's last week, you can reach them at [email protected]. I will post the email in the Al Maha thread.
I emailed this address and got told they would honour the points booking even though it continues to show as cash.

Not hugely comfortable with this, but I'll take a print out of the email when I check in in 2 weeks.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.