Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

So I see that per schedule, LC and SR properties have now switched to the Marriott booking platform.

I see as well that for two upcoming stays at LC and SR properties, both of which were confirmed non-smoking, the reservations (which have new reservation numbers) now say that a non-smoking room is "unavailable." Has this happened previously when brands have changed booking platforms? Do I need to contact the properties to confirm that I DO NOT want a smoking room? (Fortunately, I have email addresses for both already.)

As a side note, I'll add that availability changed pretty dramatically overnight with the platform change. In one instance (SR Bangkok) Deluxe rooms suddenly became available - including for redemption - over New Year's for the first time in at least a month. Pretty strong evidence the property was improperly blocking award redemptions.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: SPG
I have a reservation at the St Regis Bangkok also given a new reservation number that now says non-smoking room unavailable. I also have a confirmation email stating I selected a non-smoking room as well. I'm hoping its just a minor glitch that will be fixed shortly but who knows with how well things have gone with the merger and integration.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Both of my LC bookings using 60k free night certificates have had the certificates detached. Thankfully they didn't turn into paid reservations like some people experienced with the previous brand migration. Emailed the lurkers so I'm sure it'll be sorted soon.
Originally Posted by Kacee
As a side note, I'll add that availability changed pretty dramatically overnight with the platform change. In one instance (SR Bangkok) Deluxe rooms suddenly became available - including for redemption - over New Year's for the first time in at least a month. Pretty strong evidence the property was improperly blocking award redemptions.
This happened at Suiran Kyoto. It was pretty obvious they were controlling inventory of the lowest level room to prevent a flood of 60k bookings.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I've got an LC reward booking that's showing up as a cash rate under the new system. I'm hoping it's just a glitch, but I'd love Lurker feedback in that regard.

I've got another LC booking that seems to be showing up fine, but says I need to order e-certs. Same as above, hoping it's just a glitch.

Since we're apparently all staying at the St. Regis Bangkok, my booking also says Non-Smoking Room unavailable.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I made 1 LC booking for January stays.
Didnt realise the confirmation number is changed to a new one.
Its a paid stay and while the rate name is change, the amount is not
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
My current stay of December 10-11, all of a sudden changed to December 11-12 with a NEW confirmation number. Seeing that I have another December 11-12 stay booked at a different hotel, it seems like I am double-booked.

What a disaster of a transition!

Why the heck would my current stay dates change from December 10-11 to December 11-12 because of a change in PMS system?

This is so utterly confusing and made me panic as I took the elevator down to speak to the front desk manager to clarify what may have happened.

And to top it off, I still have missing stays, missing points and incorrect rewards points being deducted from my account.

ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I've got an LC reward booking that's showing up as a cash rate under the new system. I'm hoping it's just a glitch, but I'd love Lurker feedback in that regard.

I've got another LC booking that seems to be showing up fine, but says I need to order e-certs. Same as above, hoping it's just a glitch.

Since we're apparently all staying at the St. Regis Bangkok, my booking also says Non-Smoking Room unavailable.
A call to customer service was able to sort out the first two issues. No resolution on the St. Regis yet, but I booked that through FHR so I may just have to cancel and rebook.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
My Al Maha Dubai booking has gone to cash from points. Same as I had from the W Maldives in that migration (I opened a separate thread for that fiasco).

Trying to correct now: Marriott agent did not understand. Got disconnected from Starwood agent. I assume I will need to go back to the property again but not clear immediately.

Sick of dealing with this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:48 pm

My Al Maha Dubai booking has gone from award stay (used Chase RC cert) to cash (EALS rate program) as well.

I am with the SPG agent right now. Will report back the result soon.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by tonywush
My Al Maha Dubai booking has gone from award stay (used Chase RC cert) to cash (EALS rate program) as well.

I am with the SPG agent right now. Will report back the result soon.
I had no luck with either Marriott or SPG agents. Try a DM to @spgassist on Twitter, they understood the issue after 30 minutes of investigation. They have just responded to me and said they had called the hotel to correct and I should expect an email once their reservations department looks at it. I suspect I'm going to have to chase again tomorrow because they would have reached out to the hotel in the middle of the night.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:31 pm

My StR bali switched from points to cash. The agent is adamant I booked the cash rate. Good grief. Why do I have to watch my reservation and spend time alerting them to fix their problem?
Sallycat likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
My StR bali switched from points to cash. The agent is adamant I booked the cash rate. Good grief. Why do I have to watch my reservation and spend time alerting them to fix their problem?
Email lurkers or SPG Twitter as noted above. Marriott agents are not worth the time.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by MrM2016
I had no luck with either Marriott or SPG agents. Try a DM to @spgassist on Twitter, they understood the issue after 30 minutes of investigation. They have just responded to me and said they had called the hotel to correct and I should expect an email once their reservations department looks at it. I suspect I'm going to have to chase again tomorrow because they would have reached out to the hotel in the middle of the night.
Alright, after 1 hour and 19 min call.. I got it fixed: At the end, the agent simply cancelled my previous 2 reservations (Stay for 2 nights, 1 night per reservation, since the Chase RC cert can be only applied to 1 legacy SPG reservation at a time), then she made a new reservation, re-issued RC cert and attach it to the new one.

During the call, the agent put me on multiple holds, then asked me different questions. I don't think she really understands how RC cert works until 1 hour later on the phone. On the other hand, this agent has positive attitude and is willing to help customers. I think you need to be luck enough to get such person as Marriott front line agents are mostly disconnected from their IT team.

FWIW, I called SPG Platinum line (888-625-4991), not sure the backend difference but this is my first call but it works. Even though it was long. Since the Aug 18 chaos, I just found that number will get you more success than other numbers.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by tonywush
Alright, after 1 hour and 19 min call.. I got it fixed: At the end, the agent simply cancelled my previous 2 reservations (Stay for 2 nights, 1 night per reservation, since the Chase RC cert can be only applied to 1 legacy SPG reservation at a time), then she made a new reservation, re-issued RC cert and attach it to the new one.

During the call, the agent put me on multiple holds, then asked me different questions. I don't think she really understands how RC cert works until 1 hour later on the phone. On the other hand, this agent has positive attitude and is willing to help customers. I think you need to be luck enough to get such person as Marriott front line agents are mostly disconnected from their IT team.

FWIW, I called SPG Platinum line (888-625-4991), not sure the backend difference but this is my first call but it works. Even though it was long. Since the Aug 18 chaos, I just found that number will get you more success than other numbers.
Well done and congrats. You did better than I managed with both agents.

I'm going to keep down the route advised by @spgassist with the property resolving, simply because this was the solution with the same issue I had with the W Maldives and I believe this is a property specific migration issue. For some reason the highest value properties are most prone to this (now witnessed on W Maldives, St Regis Bali and Al Maha).

I have 2.5 weeks until my stay at Al Maha, so I get to bite my nails in the meantime...
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
My Sheraton Sydney award reservation cancellation policy changed from cancel 1 night prior to 2+ months prior! I have the old reservation number but they didn't e-mail me the new reservation number or cancellation policy. Wow! WTH?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.