Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Checked in, and one bed completely soaked with urine!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked in, and one bed completely soaked with urine!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:18 am

I see you were upgraded to the presidential suite.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by KRSW
...This isn't just a single failure here. Housekeeping, front desk, AND the morning manager have all failed to meet basic hotel standards, let alone Marriott's brand standards.
Very much this.

Originally Posted by pauq
I see you were upgraded to the presidential suite.
Huh?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:46 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by windscar
Huh?
A reference to Donald Trump and his "pee-tape" from Russia
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
If I was given such a room, I would go straight downstairs to the reception and ask for a new room...well, maybe after jumping in the shower first!

Don't understand why the OP waited the next morning. Your claim sound way less credible if you wait the morning.
KRSW likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
If I was given such a room, I would go straight downstairs to the reception and ask for a new room...well, maybe after jumping in the shower first!

Don't understand why the OP waited the next morning. Your claim sound way less credible if you wait the morning.
I agree with this. By staying in another bed in the same room, you made it seem not so bad. I know it WAS bad, but "I'm not going to stay in a room with a urine-soaked bed!" is very different from "One of the beds was soaked in urine so I just slept in the other bed."
KRSW likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Exact same thing happened to me a year ago at the Brookfield WI Sheraton. Didn't even get an apology from the GM. Here's the worst part, I was back at the same hotel a few weeks later and they gave me the same room and when I pulled the sheet back it was the same stained mattress.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Exact same thing happened to me a year ago at the Brookfield WI Sheraton. Didn't even get an apology from the GM. Here's the worst part, I was back at the same hotel a few weeks later and they gave me the same room and when I pulled the sheet back it was the same stained mattress.
Wow.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Unbelievable! Did you escalate to corporate? What happened when you went back the second time? (I presume there was no 3rd time!)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Thanks for the reply. Its the Spring Hill Suites Westminster, Co.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
I don't think I would ever go back to this property if this happened to me. You definitely should have the night comped and some points put your way. Disgusting.
I agree. My office is right down the street, so I am in town very frequently. I will not be staying here again.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ehallison
I agree with this. By staying in another bed in the same room, you made it seem not so bad. I know it WAS bad, but "I'm not going to stay in a room with a urine-soaked bed!" is very different from "One of the beds was soaked in urine so I just slept in the other bed."
I understand what you're saying. It was a choice to stay as there was a second bed. I usually don't complain and a takes a lot (eg, something like this happening) for me to complain. When I contacted the front desk about this, they didn't react as if there was another room available (though I didn't ask), and it was very late. I did however jump straight into the shower before anything else, lol.
I just felt the hotels management response was pretty poor.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Who knows what is lurking under mattresses. Eek.

Originally Posted by lrbenko
I understand what you're saying. It was a choice to stay as there was a second bed. I usually don't complain and a takes a lot (eg, something like this happening) for me to complain. When I contacted the front desk about this, they didn't react as if there was another room available (though I didn't ask), and it was very late. I did however jump straight into the shower before anything else, lol.
I just felt the hotels management response was pretty poor.
I understand that it was late and not always easy to find alternative accommodations in certain locales. Your sleeping in another room there should not be taken as a sign that everything is A-ok.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur

I agree with this. I would also demand reimbursement for the cost to replace whatever I was wearing when I climbed into that bed, that would have been contaminated, Not something I would wear again even if they dry cleaned it for me.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lrbenko
Thanks for the reply. Its the Spring Hill Suites Westminster, Co.
If I have the right hotel, it’s a cat 3 so 17,500 pts/night. This is the least they should offer you.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl

If I have the right hotel, it’s a cat 3 so 17,500 pts/night. This is the least they should offer you.
Thank you. This is very useful. I will contact Marriott Corp and see what happens.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.