Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Checked in, and one bed completely soaked with urine!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked in, and one bed completely soaked with urine!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by lrbenko
Thank you James, well said. I will attempt emailing the CEO and contacting Marriott via twitter.
Generally speaking the email address of the CEO of most corporations can be found online. All you need to do is Google the person's name + "email address". In the case of SPMarriott the CEO is Arne Sorenson. N.B. these email addresses are usually not read by the CEO themselves but their Executive Assistants who are empowered to take action on behalf of the CEO in these instances (generally have more authority than a Hotel Manager or Regional Manager of SPMarriott). In the rare instance that the EA feels this is a bigger F up than normal, they will in fact forward it on to the CEO as their job is also to act as a gate keeper between the general public and their precious CEO.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:40 pm

Thank you James, well said. I will attempt emailing the CEO and contacting Marriott via twitter. I have been Hilton Diamond for about 12 years now, and they are a great product. Outside of the Marriott data breech, and a couple instances (like the one in this thread), I have been pretty happy.
Luke
I strongly disagree. Diamond for Hilton doesn't have any benefits. Well, some. But they don't upgrade you, don't give you late checkout. What benefit is there to staying at Hilton if you have diamond status?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I strongly disagree. Diamond for Hilton doesn't have any benefits. Well, some. But they don't upgrade you, don't give you late checkout. What benefit is there to staying at Hilton if you have diamond status?
Agree with you there. Gold send to be the sweet spot for status: ease to get by stays it credit card with just the benefits you're looking for like guaranteed breakfast!

Problem is the meaningful status in SPMarriott, Platinum, requires climbing a steeper ladder, namely 35 nights with the AE SPMarriott card.

-James
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:33 pm

This is why Trip Advisor was created.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by OssianBlue
This is why Trip Advisor was created.
unsure what is meant by that. If you're referring to, should've checked TripAdvisor before booking you'd be wrong as the Springhill in the Denver seem to be around a 4 with hundreds of reviews which in my book makes it stayable. It you're saying put negative review, sure he could do that but he'll be drowned out by the various favorable reviews. Every Maserati community has a couple others who have their cars!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’m no Hilton apologist and have been much happier with Starwood than Hilton, but as a former Diamond and a returning 2018 Diamond due to the Marriott issues it’s really not true that Hilton has no upgrades and no late checkout.

Usually with Hilton I get both. It is always less than the Marriott T&C’s offer their top tier customers, but for now often better than I experience in practice.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:34 pm

Put up a negative review with a picture of a urine soaked mattress. That will get their attention.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by OssianBlue
Put up a negative review with a picture of a urine soaked mattress. That will get their attention.
I could see it now, title of the review "Urine Trouble Springhill"
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

I’m no Hilton apologist and have been much happier with Starwood than Hilton, but as a former Diamond and a returning 2018 Diamond due to the Marriott issues it’s really not true that Hilton has no upgrades and no late checkout.

Usually with Hilton I get both. It is always less than the Marriott T&C’s offer their top tier customers, but for now often better than I experience in practice.
I don't consider 1230pm a granted "late checkout" request.
Late checkout is pointless if you don't know til the morning you are checking out. You cannot plan on it. That's the whole point of late checkout.
KRSW and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:50 pm

I don't consider 1230pm a granted "late checkout" request.
Late checkout is pointless if you don't know til the morning you are checking out. You cannot plan on it. That's the whole point of late checkout.
​​​​​​ Agreed on that point! It's one of the few redeeming qualities of SPMariott program is the late check out is guaranteed. I also don't consider 12:30 a late check-out given the checkout time is typical noon anyways. Heck I've been at Hiltons where the alarm clock was off by 30 minutes so a 12:30 checkout is a rounding error in my book. Late check-out means checking out after 1PM. Typically when I'm on a mattress run with SPMariott I'll check out at 4 or 4:30PM
safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
I do feel that being a top tier traveler with Marriott is better than a top tier with Hilton. I’ve found Hilton upgrades to be much more scarce than Marriott. The Hilton family of properties due seem to be a bit more dated. There doesn’t seem to be a working “late check out” policy that’s adhered to by Hilton. And the Hilton breakfast policy for Diamonds is pretty bad. I maintain both as I’ve been a Hilton Diamond for over 11 years. And outside of this instance and a couple smaller others, I’ve been very happy with Marriott.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:43 pm

I recently got 60,000 proactively offerred because of a stain in the carpet and the poor communication between staff to fix it. You got 5000 for having some stranger's urine in your bed and the failure of front desk to recognize a biohazard and unacceptable conditions to immediately change your room assignment.

I am happy you are fighting this. Share your photos with Marriott corporate and don't take their first offer. This is insane and not acceptable at any Marriott brand, of any star rating, or in any country. At this point I would hold out for a full refund for the night + a goodwill gesture.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Update:
I received an update from Marriott corporate after directly emailing the CEO. No actual resolution, but I will give them a couple days as they are "investigating". Email below:

"Good afternoon Mr.:

This is to acknowledge your correspondence and thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding Denver North/Westminster SpringHill Suites. Your letter to Mr. Sorenson has been referred to me for a response.

I am very thankful to you for having brought to our attention these areas of opportunities you kindly detailed. It is only through the valuable feedback from loyal customers like you when we realize we may have areas to improve upon, in order to meet, and exceed, our guests’ expectations.

I have contacted the hotel's executive management team for immediate review and response. In the meantime if there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Corporate Liaison, Office of Consumer Affairs Marriott International, Inc. 10400 Fernwood Road Bethesda, MD 20817

Last edited by lrbenko; Nov 5, 2021 at 12:10 am
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Update:
I received an update from Marriott corporate after directly emailing the CEO. No actual resolution, but I will give them a couple days as they are "investigating". Email below:

"Good afternoon Mr. Benko:

This is to acknowledge your correspondence and thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding Denver North/Westminster SpringHill Suites. Your letter to Mr. Sorenson has been referred to me for a response.

I am very thankful to you for having brought to our attention these areas of opportunities you kindly detailed. It is only through the valuable feedback from loyal customers like you when we realize we may have areas to improve upon, in order to meet, and exceed, our guests’ expectations.

I have contacted the hotel's executive management team for immediate review and response. In the meantime if there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Debra C. Corporate Liaison, Office of Consumer Affairs Marriott International, Inc. 10400 Fernwood Road Bethesda, MD 20817

This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc. that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or using it. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law.
Doesn't the last paragraph say that you're prohibited from posting the email?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Doesn't the last paragraph say that you're prohibited from posting the email?
I removed last names and email/phone numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.