Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Trying to get my old Marriott number back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:29 pm
dc3
Original Poster

Just off the phone with a supervisor at the Marriott.elite desk. He said that if he tried to get my old (pre August 2018) Marriott number back in my record he would be fired. Management has told everyone to stop trying or else. Being a Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite with more than 3000 nights at means nothing. Nice to know I am being treated equally the same as a Marriott customer with no status. Guess for Marriott the Elite in Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite means something different than the definition in the dictionary. I suppose if I read the multi-page new T&Cit would say a word can mean whatever Marriott wants it to mean.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Will all the integration issues, both present and possibly future, fighting to switch back to a retired account number is not the hill to die on.
Often1, Twickenham and TerryK like this.

Last edited by dayone; Dec 6, 2018 at 9:13 pm Reason: Clarity.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This is definitely the single most ridiculous and trivial complaint about Marriott I have ever seen. It's just a number. Get over it.

Originally Posted by dc3
Being a Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite with more than 3000 nights at means nothing.
It means something, but it doesn't make you some sort of a god.
nexusCFX, CPRich, dgreen12 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:37 pm

I don’t get it, did you get assigned a new MR number on Aug 18 or did you combine your MR account into your SPG account? If the latter, tough luck; if the former, I guess there was a valid reason for Marriott to change the acc’t number (duplicate numbers with SPG, non-standard number of digits, etc.), so asking to retrieve the original number seems pointless.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I suppose that if the CEO of a Fortune 10 which throws Marriott $10's Millions year wanted his old # back, somebody at Marriott would make that happen. But, then again, anybody who would ask for that isn't likely CEO of Fortune 10 material.

This is the type of manual task which takes staff time, causes errors, and winds up costing money. Organizations know their limits and stick to the tasks which need to be done. This one ain't that.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
So which is it - Marriott assigned you a new number because your old number wouldn't work in the new system, or you intentionally chose to adopt your SPG number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.