Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Is Marriott elite status worth it (General Discussion Thread)

Is Marriott elite status worth it (General Discussion Thread)

Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Does incidental spend during a stay count towards that $20,000 spend? Do you like to eat out and spend a bit of money doing it? It's not unusual to see nice hotels around Dallas have really cheap rates during that week of Christmas. Book a night. Have a good meal. It could be money you would be likely to spend anyway.

you know... TREAT YO SELF
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: Marriott PP...Southwest A+ CP
Originally Posted by DFW DL
Question for the Ambassadors out there. I am at $19,700 spend for the year (135 nights)...is it worth doing a mattress run before NYE to get the additional $300 required for Ambassador status? I am LT PPE. Thanks!
I have a very similar issue...1 night and $506 away from Ambassador...Does not appear to offer any value given the issues they are having with ambassador service and response time. I will get Presidents Circle with Hertz this weekend so that is not a draw...Hard to justify.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Does incidental spend during a stay count towards that $20,000 spend? Do you like to eat out and spend a bit of money doing it? It's not unusual to see nice hotels around Dallas have really cheap rates during that week of Christmas. Book a night. Have a good meal. It could be money you would be likely to spend anyway.

you know... TREAT YO SELF
I checked and yes it does...in fact one doesn't even have to have an associated hotel stay to earn credit in most cases. French Room, here we come!

Thanks for the great idea!
jsmeeker likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: CX DM, UA Prem Plat
Don't know if it is just my experience: I am an Ambassador. My ambassador has gone silent after the merger. Have not done much for me in the last few months.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None - previously UA
For anyone contemplating mattress runs there are some Amex offers for which you may be eligible for which reduce the cost a bit.
I have all of these offers:

Spend $200 or more, get $40 back at Fourpoints.
Spend $200 or more, get $40 back at Courtyard.
Spend $200 or more, get $40 back at Springhill Suites.
Spend $200 or more, get $40 back at Fairfield Inn
Spend $500 or more, get $100 back Ritz Carlton
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
... there are some Amex offers for which you may be eligible for
UGH. I've really gotta start looking at that offers page more often

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.