Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best Cat. 4-5 Resort in Asia Pacific?

Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver

I'll be spending some time in NZ/Australia/Asia over the next few months and I have a 7 night Cat 1-4 cert to burn, which I'm hoping to be able to upgrade to a Cat 5 for added flexibility (was an old cat 6).

Am looking at a beachy family holiday (1 toddler), in Feb/March. A good breakfast and great pools would be appreciated...

Sheraton Gold Coast is an obvious candidate, but willing to look as far afield as Fiji, Thailand, Bali, etc.

Any ideas appreciated! Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RafKa
I'll be spending some time in NZ/Australia/Asia over the next few months and I have a 7 night Cat 1-4 cert to burn, which I'm hoping to be able to upgrade to a Cat 5 for added flexibility (was an old cat 6).

Am looking at a beachy family holiday (1 toddler), in Feb/March. A good breakfast and great pools would be appreciated...

Sheraton Gold Coast is an obvious candidate, but willing to look as far afield as Fiji, Thailand, Bali, etc.

Any ideas appreciated! Thanks.
Ciao RafKa!

I've recently had the pleasure of staying at the following legacy Starwood properties recently. All of these properties treated me quite exceptionally as a Platinum Premier. I personally think that the Sheraton Tokoriki Island Resort was the exceptional leisure oriented hotel with excellent beaches and a relaxing beach plus local activities to lose yourself in that gorgeous South Pacific sunset. As for the Sheraton Grand Sydney, they have one of the best lounge experiences in the entire Starwood portfolio in my opinion but room upgrades can be tough on a weekend when everyone is visiting Sydney.
  • Sheraton Grand Mirage, Gold Coast, Australia [Cat 5]
  • Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, Australia [Cat 5]
  • Sheraton Tokoriki Island, Fiji [Cat 5]
  • Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji [Cat 5]
  • Sheraton Samoa Beach Resort, Samoa [Cat 3]
  • Le Meridien Noumea Resort & Spa, New Caledonia [Cat 5]
RafKa, margarita girl and rny321 like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

check design hotels too

and luxury collection, autograph, tribute
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Hua Hin Marriott Resort (4) is pretty good. I stayed there and used two years CC certificates. When I checked in with my GF and her 7 & 9 year olds they said since it was my first time there I could select a random coupon gift. She held out some choices and kind of told me about them. One of the options was for 2 free breakfasts for each day. Obviously I wanted that one (at the time wasn't platinum) and she pushed the right one to my hand. Paid half price breakfast for the children and it was a great stay. I don't know other things to do in the area but there are horses on the beach for kids to ride. Pool(s) was great, nice weight room. We did a lower cost dinner down the beach at an older hotel with delicious thai food. There is a good thai restaurant accross the street too I think, and ate at an Italian place in the city center area. There is a Sharaton (4) in the area too. Enjoy your week where ever you choose!
RafKa and rny321 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kalo93406
Hua Hin Marriott Resort (4) is pretty good ... I don't know other things to do in the area but there are horses on the beach for kids to ride. Pool(s) was great, nice weight room. We did a lower cost dinner down the beach at an older hotel with delicious thai food. There is a good thai restaurant accross the street too I think, and ate at an Italian place in the city center area. There is a Sharaton (4) in the area too. Enjoy your week where ever you choose!
Things to do in the Hua Hin area are listed here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26499901-post100.html

Also, if ever in Bangkok, many great properties at Category 4 & 5:

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Mridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.