Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

combining anniversary night with stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere. I did a quick scroll through and didn't see anything. How do/can I combine my anniversary free night with a longer stay, either points or cash? Do I make it one way and ask Mariott to substitute, or do I have to make to consecutive reservations and just ask them to combine the two into one so I can stay in the same room?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:07 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by tjh8402
..do I have to make to consecutive reservations and just ask them to combine the two into one so I can stay in the same room?
This. We just stayed 2 nights at a Marriott where one night was booked with a cert from my husband's acount and one paid from mine. The hotel very graciously kept us in the same room.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
If you want to pay $$ for the other nights, you can enter your dates for an award stay, then click on "Customize Points & Cash." Then click on points for the highest-priced night & cash for the rest. On the next page, it will ask you if you want to use your applicable cert. or points.
If you want to use points for the other nights, I think you will have to make two ressies online--or phone in to try to make a single ressie.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You dont need to combine bookings. Hotel knows you have 2 consecutive stays booked with different means. I have yet to see any property of any program not keep us in the same room on consecutive stays booked with different means. The single time that happened was Autograph at Budapest several years ago that they could not keep us in the same hugely upgraded room (from the standard award room to the poster child room that its pix were rolling on the home page of hotel website), for the 2nf night because it was not available. We had to be downgraded to another room in the newer wing of the hotel, but was still an upgrade from the regular standard room.

I have never call hotel in advance for the arrangement but often referenced the previous night just to make it easier for the clerks to see. Though I suspect it is not necessary.

My practice is at CI I told the FD we had 2 reservations and asked if we needed to do check in / check out for each reservation and if they can keep us in the same room. Never fail we keep the same room, with about 1/2 and 1/2 the properties would like us to do the check out then re-check in for the next night. Far more often than not, they already have new paperwork and new room keys ready - we just needed to sign the new CI, exchanged the old keys with the new keys (versus reprogrammed the old keys).
At Protea Kruger Gate we had 4 consecutive nights booked as 4 reservations as the availability was extremely scarce that we had to book one at a time. The FD told us to go about our safari and then just had our keys reprogrammed when we returned in the evening at 6pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.